Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 09:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Aero India Show @ Bangalore | 13th - 17th Feb, 2023

I took my 4 year old in 2019! The kids are disappointed at not being allowed.

Any area outside from where we can view the air show so that kids can also enjoy?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th February 2023 at 19:23. Reason: Typo.
Old 13th February 2023, 09:56   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Just now. Inaugural flypast by IAF Rafales.

itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 18:54   #18
BHPian

The F35 makes its debut in India for Aero India 2023. 2 USAF F35As have landed at the India Air Force station at Yelahanka in Bengaluru and will participate in the show.

While its the first time that the F35s have landed in India, we do have prior experience exercising with F35s, first during a multi-lateral exercise in Israel where Israeli and USAF F35s were present while the Indian Navy and Air Force also exercised with RAF F35Bs when the HMS Queen Elizabeth came visiting.
dragracer567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 19:37   #19
avk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
I was able to book general tickets in middle of the night finally! However, I did not get a vehicle pass this is going to be a challenge I suppose! Did you guys receive the pass yet?
Has anyone got the vehicle pass?

I am yet to book the ticket. The vehicle pass details needs to be entered while booking the ticket or to be done after the ticket is booked? Just wanted to confirm the sequence.

Thanks,
Old 13th February 2023, 20:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post

I am yet to book the ticket. The vehicle pass details needs to be entered while booking the ticket or to be done after the ticket is booked? Just wanted to confirm the sequence.

Thanks,
Yes I have finally got the vehicle pass, this was sent over an email later and this cannot be generated/downloaded. You have to update the details in the start of the booking process and proceed. I'm sure you will get a pass later post booking in the mail box, if not feel free to shoot a mail on the customer care mail id mentioned. (After 24 hours)

Going by the news and the updates all over the media looks like vehicles without vehicle pass will not be allowed to procced towards the venue and a possibility of parking it in GKVK and then taking a public transport was being discussed.

For an event of this scale, the uncertainties never fail to surprise me even after all these years.

This will be my 5th time attending it, but still reminiscent of my first visit as a kid when Yehlanka was still very far off from the city and we had a herculean task reaching there through muddy patches and single lane roads and missing half the show due to traffic and unavailability of parking space.

But the sight of a single flyby makes all this worth it!
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 20:48   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Video of today's display covering in order - Sukhoi Su-30MKI, Prachand, Tejas, Light Utility Helicopter, Surya Kiran display. The LUH is most impressive.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/aero...-today-3777006
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 22:33   #22
BHPian

I'm driving down from Pune.
This has been on my list for so long

From reddit, i could see that people had taken food and water along to previous editions.
This year, pass mentions that no bags are allowed inside.
Worried about this.

Does any one have any additional info?
Was planning on carrying a backpack with water, biscuits, powerbank etc.

Happy to meet if anyone is attending on Thursday

Quote:

Thanks,
I received the vehicle pass on my mail ID yesterday.
Actual booking was done on Jan 30.

Last edited by stewie : 13th February 2023 at 22:36. Reason: Removed line for clarity.
stewie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 08:09   #23
BHPian

Can someone help understand the rules for kids? My son is 11 years old but I was told 12 is minimum?
Old 14th February 2023, 09:14   #24
BHPian

I have booked the General Pass for the 17th. Have a few concerns, hope someone can enlighten.

1. Best way to access the P6 parking which is on the opposite side of the base on the main road itself - coming from Bannerghatta road, do i go via hebbal or do i take the inner roads that skirt the base closer to the ADVA parking and touch the A2b on the airport road?

2. is there any seating arrangement?

3. Are we allowed to carry power bank etc?
Old 14th February 2023, 09:35   #25
avk
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Booked for 17th last midnight. What's the expected timeline to receive the vehicle pass?
Old 14th February 2023, 11:55   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
1. Best way to access the P6 parking which is on the opposite side of the base on the main road itself - coming from Bannerghatta road, do i go via hebbal or do i take the inner roads that skirt the base closer to the ADVA parking and touch the A2b on the airport road?

2. is there any seating arrangement?

3. Are we allowed to carry power bank etc?
Haven't been to this years that I been to the event, infact I guess it was 2015 one that I went last for.
I stopped visiting just because the sheer confusion on the outside (traffic management, no clear route / crowd management etc) and how on general public access days, the 'free pass' crowd was just overrunning the entire exhibition.

That said, its an event one has to be part of atleast once.

Rants aside, coming to your query, I will answer based on the conditions when I used to visit.

1. If possible to head towards airport and come towards city, that will be good. Not because of the U turn to P6 if heading from Hebbal side as you mentioned, but just so that the overall crowd on the road will be less.
My suggestion however will be to start bit early, plan reaching the gate ~ an hour before the show by taking Hebbal route. Cross the P6 on your right, take the U turn below the overpass soon after the parking / runway.
Find a parking spot inside the parking lot which is closer to the bus pickup point ( usually its towards the airforce buildings direction) . These buses takes you through air bases internal roads via an underpass and drops you near the ticket validation point. From there, display your ticket and walk towards security check point.

2. Seating arrangements are next to nil in the general ticket area, since its mostly the exhibition area where people can walk around and see.
The ADVA area has gallery for viewing the air show. If you find its difficult to stand and watch the entire show, you can find a suitable area and sit on the floor and watch. This will be in the apron / front of hanger etc, so the floor is tarmac and wont be muddy / dusty. Carry an umbrella or cap though.

3. Don't remember any restrictions specifically for power bank during the shows I had visited, however those days the use of power banks also was also limited. However, the checking used to be very strict. For example, the dslr I was having was having a zoom a lens and they used to make me switch on the camera and show image captured through the lens to make sure I am not carrying anything hidden in that.
mpksuhas is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 16:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I'm driving down from Pune.

Happy to meet if anyone is attending on Thursday

I received the vehicle pass on my mail ID yesterday.
Actual booking was done on Jan 30.
Will be attending on thursday , keep a lookout for a guy in blue t shirt with su 30 mki printed on it
Old 14th February 2023, 16:45   #28
BHPian

Have a general transport related query , after the last or last to last fiery inferno , not planning to go by my car or bike , planning to get a rapido - so do I go to Jakkur or the GKVK campus , will be coming from Thanisandra
Old 15th February 2023, 11:03   #29
avk
BHPian

It's been 36 hours since I booked a general ticket for 17th. But haven't received the vehicle pass yet. What's the expected time taken for them to share the vehicle pass?

Noticed that for entering the vehicle pass, the option is either 2 seater or 4 seater. The invoice confirmation email I received spells transaction as trasaction. Hope the event is well organized on the ground at least.
Old 15th February 2023, 13:08   #30
BHPian

Quote:
It's been 36 hours since I booked a general ticket for 17th. But haven't received the vehicle pass yet. What's the expected time taken for them to share the vehicle pass?
I booked at around 12pm on the 14th of Feb. Got the vehicle pass finally after a lot of mails today at around 11am. Please reply to the same email ID that you got the ticket confirmation from. For me it was info@evenuefy.com

Hopefully you can get it on time.
blahman is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks