Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 19:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
I have seen traffic cops stopping the bus for jumping the red signal near Koyambedu (I was in the bus). Then they gave a ticket to the bus driver. We all got down from the bus and took another bus as the cops detained the bus for some reason.
Looks like my prayers have already been answered. I only wish it was not a stray incident though !
Old 15th May 2008, 20:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you forward those cops to Delhi, Delhi DTC drivers needs them badly. It will be an interesting thing to get the DTC bus drivers ticketed and the amount getting deducted from their salaries.
Old 15th May 2008, 20:53   #18
BHPian

More good news, today i saw similar incident in Marthahalli bridge too. Three cops round a bus.
Old 15th May 2008, 22:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Signs of improvement? I hope so!!
Old 16th May 2008, 13:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmur View Post
More good news, today i saw similar incident in Marthahalli bridge too. Three cops round a bus.
Wow now I can say that the salary what they earn from our tax money is getting utilised . Way to go.
Old 16th May 2008, 14:10   #21
BHPian

BMTC buses are not government owned. Private parties ply them on contract to BMTC. Most of them would have "F" in their registration, which says private.

Hence, when a driver is fined, his employers pay the money.
Old 16th May 2008, 14:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
BMTC buses are not government owned. Private parties ply them on contract to BMTC.
Are you sure?

I thought all BMTC & KSRTC buses are Govt owned.
Old 16th May 2008, 16:51   #23
BHPian

They all have followed the "outsource" model.
Old 16th May 2008, 17:15   #24
BHPian

The buses would be contracted but the drivers are employees; they can have a Employee union etc if they were not employees
Old 22nd May 2008, 00:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Once upon a time the BMTC & KSRTC drivers were a very good and safe drivers as they were all experienced drivers.

Nowadays all are younger generation drivers appointed for both the departments and private people have been appointed to ply buses onbehalf of KSRTC. They have made life miserable for other drivers and pedestrians
Old 22nd May 2008, 09:30   #26
BHPian

Have a heart guys

I am not saying errant drivers should go unpunished, but honestly, I think they have a tough life. They spend half their life in that bumper to bumper traffic, about which you and I complain after spending just a couple of hours.

They handle that 20 foot or so iron can in our forsaken roads, where hardly a bunch of people are considerate enough to let them pass before them. They have a time table to stick to; they have to make from point A to B in a stipulated time.

I would say, lets cut them some slack. They are under a lot of stress, every day, all through the year, as long as they choose to drive the citizens across Bangalore.

There are some bad apples, but then we have a few of them every where around us.

So, bottom line : next time you see a BMTC waiting to take a turn, dont cut across him, give him that slot ahead you. So that he wont be forced to cut in from extream left (lets hope so.)
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:37   #27
BHPian

Spinnerr agreed with your view and i don thave any grude against these BMTC drivers but if you notice most of the time they dont think twice (foget seeing the RMV) but just trun around or cut lane brushing other people. If they are a bit sensitive and change their image I guess it will make a lot of difference in the way we all drive on the roads in Bangalore.
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:02   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
I am not saying errant drivers should go unpunished, but honestly, I think they have a tough life. They spend half their life in that bumper to bumper traffic, about which you and I complain after spending just a couple of hours.

They handle that 20 foot or so iron can in our forsaken roads, where hardly a bunch of people are considerate enough to let them pass before them. They have a time table to stick to; they have to make from point A to B in a stipulated time.

I would say, lets cut them some slack. They are under a lot of stress, every day, all through the year, as long as they choose to drive the citizens across Bangalore.

There are some bad apples, but then we have a few of them every where around us.

So, bottom line : next time you see a BMTC waiting to take a turn, dont cut across him, give him that slot ahead you. So that he wont be forced to cut in from extream left (lets hope so.)

I also agree that Driving a bus is tremedous stress. I actually realised that when I used to sit behind the drivers seat in the Pushpak bus.

It is really difficult guiding the bus through such narrow spaces and also avoiding the pain in the neck two-wheelers who cut right in front of you. To add to that they are not equipped with power steering and the gear box (that stick that comes out in ashok leyland buses) is an arm breaker. In the Phuspak the driver used to also double as a conductor.

That is the reason I always give a bus (especially the volvo ones) the right of way, unless I see a rashly driven Bus.

PS: However anyone breaking the law needs to pay the price.
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:35   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
That is the reason I always give a bus (especially the volvo ones) the right of way, unless I see a rashly driven Bus.
A Volvo driver has a lot of these difficulties cut out for him. He gets to drive in air-conditioned comfort, has an auto gearbox, rear view camera, and power steering. Giving him right of way is not doing any great deal here. It's the other breed who struggle their way through the chaos.
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:39   #30
BHPian

@Hurrycane12
You are right, we do see that kind of driving. Infact I see that more often with these private buses, especially the one that ply on Hosur Road (KR Market - E-City - Anekal route).

They just cut across traffic, they have these teen aged assistants hanging out of the door, who doesnt think twice before jumping out infront of your vehicle to make way for his bus.
Talking about those bottle necks enroute to Electronic City, fly-over constructions at some points on Hosur road make the 4 lane road into a single lane one.

Last edited by Spinnerr : 22nd May 2008 at 14:41. Reason: Spelling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks