Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:44   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
A Volvo driver has a lot of these difficulties cut out for him.
I think, some amount of responsibility too, after all he riding a 70 lakh bus, if he brings it back all dented, he would be peniazlied, right?
But then, all of these BMTC Volvos are well insured.
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:52   #32
BHPian

Spinnerr you are right; basically Maxicabs; Private buses and many a times buses plying between Bangalore - Hosur are a pain in the neck.

I would also like to blame the BMTC management for their lack of planning of Bus Stops, most of the stops are just placed less then 10-15 mtr of crossing a signal. Also if they plan proper connectivity between locations it will be of great help, at present most of the time we have to change at least couple of buses to reach a destination, with this can also reduce the vehicular density on the roads.

Anyway all said a done sounds good on paper and seems like a wonderful dream.
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:31   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
I would also like to blame the BMTC management for their lack of planning of Bus Stops, most of the stops are just placed less then 10-15 mtr of crossing a signal.
Bang on Hurrycane12, bus stops are always way to close to the intersection, and even if (after lots of complaining) BBMP moves the bus stop a few meters ahead, people just hand around the old place, and the buses too stop at the old spot.

At the Bomanahalli intersection on hosur road, they had a traffic cop to shoo away people to the new bus stop, a few meters ahead , but then it works only when the cop stands there, the moment he is gone, its all chaos. "old habits die hard" eh?
Old 23rd July 2008, 15:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
BMTC buses are not government owned. Private parties ply them on contract to BMTC. Most of them would have "F" in their registration, which says private.
You got it the opposite way dude!

The ones with "F" or anything in the "F" series i.e, "FA" are government buses.

The ones without "F" are private ones... they are on the decline...

Imagine, if all "F" buses were privates, then all the 120-odd volvos would be private!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks