Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 17:33   #3391
BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
2) Sedate driving. No sudden braking, loud honking or zig zag driving.
Negatives
1) Lack of punctuality. They reached 2 hours late to Bangalore. This resulted in 3 hours delay reaching Hyd
I can vouch for it. I was behind this bus from Palakkad till Trissur (towards Kochi), and the driver seems to be in no hurry at all, with very cautious overtaking. The max he touched was 80, even in the four lane stretches. Is it speed limited? It was around 9AM when it reached Trissur.
Old 1st September 2014, 18:30   #3392
BHPian

Hi bejoy, I dont think Kochi -Hyd Scania bus speed was limited at 80 kmph. The bus started at 01:35 am from Madiwala (Bangalore) and reached Attapur at 08:40 am today. In between he took a brake for 10 mins for Diesel filling.
It seems there was heavy road repair work between Erode-Hosur stretch causing the delay. Can someone please confirm?
manduvindupondu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 09:08   #3393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will definitely travel in Scania bus again. But, I will not travel in Aeon connect. Waiting for other reputed operators like Kesineni, VRL, HKB to launch Scania buses on multiple routes.
Quote:
The bus started at 01:35 am from Madiwala (Bangalore) and reached Attapur at 08:40 am today. In between he took a brake for 10 mins for Diesel filling.
It seems there was heavy road repair w
When my nephew traveled few weeks back, the bus started from Madiwala at 12 midnight, entered Coimbatore city by 5.30 am and reached Ernakulam by 8.30 am. I don't think they are speed locked.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 10:45   #3394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
The max he touched was 80, even in the four lane stretches.
Quote:
Hi bejoy, I dont think Kochi -Hyd Scania bus speed was limited at 80 kmph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I don't think they are speed locked.
+1 to what coolclouds had mentioned.
I was doing Chennai ~ Bangalore last Thursday night and happened to see Kochi ~ Hyderabad service at little past midnight after Hosur. The Scania driver was easily maintaining 100 ~ 110 weaving the monster in between the traffic all the way till Electronic city toll. Hence for sure this wasn't speed locked. But then it all depends on who is behind the wheels, the day Bejoy saw would have been a sedate driver.
Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:55   #3395
BHPian

I travelled last Friday (29th Aug) to Cochin by bus. Green Kerala was the operator, Volvo B9R. The bus looked pretty new even though it ran about 4.5 lac Kms.
The seats were the Art leather type as opposed to the fabric ones with other operators.
The stated departure was at 7:30 from Madivala, but they started at 7:45, got on the elevated flyover by 8:10 PM.
Stopped for dinner at Krishnagiri. The hotel is Nandini, which is off the highway with a lot of parking space, popcorn etc. I personally do not like this place, food is damn expensive at Rs 50 for 2 chappatis. This is where most private operators stop.

We reached Vytilla at 4:30 AM, the run time is pretty decent. Noticed that the driver took the Pollachi route. The fare was Rs 1050.
Old 3rd September 2014, 16:20   #3396

I booked a Parveen ticket on a Merc bus from Bangalore to Chennai during the Independence day long weekend. The bus was a 'special bus' and was supposed to turn up near Silk Board junction in Bangalore around 11:30 PM. The driver didn't know where the stop was and went some 3 kms ahead. The Parveen guys dumped me and 2 other people into an auto (at their cost of course), and driver guy said he was not 'familiar' with the route. Finally left at midnight, and were soon coasting along.

Believe it or not, the 'cleaner' was yelling 'Chennai Chennai' somewhere near Ashok Pillar in Chennai. I thought it might be like 5:30 AM or thereabouts..imagine my shock when it was exactly 2:45 AM.. words failed me truly.I don't understand how he managed the 'feat' putting 44 lives at risk. And this after he picked up a quarrel with an SETC guy along the way..wasting some 10 mins in the process. No more Parveen for me..I heard they regularly meet with mostly minor accidents along the Rajapalayam Kerala route.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 4th September 2014 at 16:34. Reason: Avoid using "..". Use single full stop. This gives better readability
Old 3rd September 2014, 17:24   #3397
BHPian

Hello everyone, this is my first long distance journey in a bus. I have to travel from bangalore to pune and have to reach pune by sunday afternoon. Please let me know the best service available and I dont want a sleeper seat for so long. I am considering KaSRTC airavat club class. I want to book tickets today itself. thank you.
Old 3rd September 2014, 19:18   #3398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuraj View Post
Hello everyone, this is my first long distance journey in a bus. I have to travel from bangalore to pune and have to reach pune by sunday afternoon. Please let me know the best service available and I dont want a sleeper seat for so long. I am considering KaSRTC airavat club class. I want to book tickets today itself. thank you.
KaSRTC- CC is pretty good, So is VRL. Sharma was good too, but for timeliness, I would choose KaSRTC. Though I have not traveled recently, I had heard good reviews from those who traveled. I have also heard good reviews about SRS, but that was for their sleeper coaches.
Old 3rd September 2014, 20:48   #3399
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashwin99 View Post
Finally left at midnight, and were soon coasting along.

Believe it or not, the 'cleaner' was yelling 'Chennai Chennai' somewhere near Ashok Pillar in Chennai..I thought it might be like 5:30 AM or thereabouts..imagine my shock when it was exactly 2:45 AM.. words failed me truly..I don't understand how he managed the 'feat' putting 44 lives at risk.
340 kms covered in 2.75 hrs => avg.speed = 123.6 kmph This is ridiculous, are you really sure it was not 0345 (even this is too fast) ? did u check whether your watch had stopped after 0245 ?
If indeed this was the time, he must have done consistent 160+ , what with so many toll booths and a few stretches of still unfinished 6L work. My brain just does not allow me to believe that this is possible.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 23:18   #3400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'cleaner' was yelling 'Chennai Chennai' somewhere near Ashok Pillar in Chennai..I thought it might be like 5:30 AM or thereabouts..imagine my shock when it was exactly 2:45 AM
I was quite a regular user of Parveen about a decade back. Never seen them as ones that overspeed infact they were ones that were slow of the lot. I used to take TVLS that used to drop me atleast 1-1.5 hrs ahead of the usual time Parveen drops me. You sure its not 3:45 If thats the case he's averaged like 85-90 kmph overall, which would mean he maintained like 110-120 throughout without a break.
Old 4th September 2014, 12:08   #3401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuraj View Post
Hello Suraj,

I have been a regular traveller (every fortnight - May, Jun and Jul), on this route. I can vouch for KSRTC - they are efficient, punctual and customer friendly. Yes, you read that right.

I got a call, apart from the confirmatory text while booking the tickets, from the conductor of the bus around 2 hours before scheduled time to confirm my travel. I generally board at Aundh. The bus makes a stop at Swargate before leaving Pune.

The only drawback is the place where they stop for dinner enroute to Blore. But the place they stop on their return journey is great.

You will enjoy the travel in KSRTC.

PS: I always book the first row window seat, for max leg space and to lean on the windows while sleeping.
Old 4th September 2014, 16:30   #3402
BHPian

Quote:
I booked a Parveen ticket on a Merc bus from Bangalore to Chennai during the Independence day long weekend. Finally left at midnight, and were soon coasting along.

Believe it or not, the 'cleaner' was yelling 'Chennai Chennai' somewhere near Ashok Pillar in Chennai..I thought it might be like 5:30 AM or thereabouts..imagine my shock when it was exactly 2:45 AM.. words failed me truly..I don't understand how he managed the 'feat' putting 44 lives at risk.

This is quite impossible. I think you are terribly wrong somewhere. To travel 330 Kms in 2 hour and 45 minutes the vehicle should be doing at 125 Km / hr for the entire stretch completely. I don't think this is literally possible at every corner even on an empty stretch of our national highway. Just image on a long weekend with more than five toll plaza's to cross. On such a busy day any would normally loose fifteen to twenty minutes at tolls alone, now consider the traffic he had to overcome as well. I can say this for sure since I was driving from Chennai to Bangalore on August 14.

Cheers!

Last edited by treadmark : 4th September 2014 at 16:34.
Old 4th September 2014, 16:50   #3403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I booked a Parveen ticket... Finally left at midnight...imagine my shock when it was exactly 2:45 AM
Things I can think about:
1. You heard the cleaner call out at some intermediate point, to make easy money by picking up people headed to Chennai. And you probably slept off
2. A typo in what you wrote - 3:45 or 4:45 would make sense. I said 3:45 because I was once dropped at Guindy at 3:50am, after leaving Madiwala at 11:15pm, by a Roadlink India bus. But that was 2-3 years ago, and on a normal weekend.
3. Did you really make that trip?

Last edited by silversteed : 4th September 2014 at 16:53.
Old 4th September 2014, 17:21   #3404
BHPian

Traveled in the 1515 Banglore KeSRTC multi axle volvo from TVM to EKM yesterday. The bus started about 10 minutes late and reached EKM by 2215. Heavy traffic block in every junctions due to Onam, Rain and Potholes. The bus was nearly full, but reserved passengers were only very few. The conductor did not distribute water and blanket, inspite of a passenger asking for it. Conductor was not very customer friendly. Recommended only for short distance trevellers.

Last edited by ontheroad : 4th September 2014 at 17:24.
Old 9th September 2014, 16:23   #3405
BHPian

Just curious to know what happened to Dhanunjaya Travels that used to operate buses from Hyderabad to various south india cities? I am not seeing these buses for quite some time now and their website is shut and takes it abhibus instead. it used to be my favourite bus since 2006 and if i remember correctly they were the first ones who introduced B9R's in chennai - Hyd sector.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks