Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2023, 19:26   #4111
BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

KSRTC shows this option between Bangalore and murdeshwar. Anyone knows what bus this is? I searched online but I'm not finding any information about this.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-img20231206wa0021.jpg  

Old 7th December 2023, 11:48   #4112
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Travelling to Chennai from Bangalore. Which travels is good now a days for punctuality? In Redbus, operator names are not familiar except Intrcity smart bus. Pre COVID, used to like Evacay and Asian express.

Do we have any electric buses yet on this route for day journey just to try out?
Old 9th December 2023, 13:04   #4113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Travelling to Chennai from Bangalore. Which travels is good now a days for punctuality? In Redbus, operator names are not familiar except Intrcity smart bus. Pre COVID, used to like Evacay and Asian express.

Do we have any electric buses yet on this route for day journey just to try out?
Usually KSRTC is very good in terms of timings. Use can find the buses on this website. If you want sleepers, choose Ambaari Dream Class or Ambaari Utsav and if you're okay with the semi-sleepers/seaters, take any of the Airavats.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 18:53   #4114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post

Nuego has electric buses. I've seen their Chennai Puducherry service arrive in Thiruvanmiyur at the same time almost every day.

No reviews on their BLR/CHN service though.

Nuego
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 10:55   #4115
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Usually KSRTC is very good in terms of timings. Use can find the buses on this website. If you want sleepers, choose Ambaari Dream Class or Ambaari Utsav and if you're okay with the semi-sleepers/seaters, take any of the Airavats.
Thanks. I used KSRTC extensively in the past but this time I have to go directly to South end of OMR which rules it out. I tried YBM sleeper and it worked okay. Boarded 11 PM in Electronic city and reached Siruseri by 5 AM on time and bus condition is okay. And good thing they didn't stopped for some tea break in between and forced everyone to wake up for a break by switching on the lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Nuego has electric buses. I've seen their Chennai Puducherry service arrive in Thiruvanmiyur at the same time almost every day.

No reviews on their BLR/CHN service though.

Nuego
Thanks. I saw a Neugo in EC and it seems they have services between Chennai and Bangalore. Next time will try out in day time
thanixravindran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 11:39   #4116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
KSRTC shows this option between Bangalore and murdeshwar. Anyone knows what bus this is? I searched online but I'm not finding any information about this.
I believe it is this Tata 13.5m Prototype bus. Found a picture on Facebook by him.

Intercity Bus travel reviews-proto.jpg
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 10:46   #4117
Distinguished - BHPian

VRL has been replacing their buses. Their new Super Bus series and the Magna series are good.

On another note, even KSRTC"s Pallakki buses for travel within Karnataka have good feedback. The driver even calls the passenger at the pick-up points if the passenger is not there when the bus arrives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks