Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2018, 11:46   #3976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Any recommendations for Chennai to Bangalore trip Boarding at T.nagar? Earlier, I used to go via KPN which has convenient boarding at Venkatnarayana Road. But now a days it seems it's quality has come down and punctuality as well.

Does Evacay/Orange/Asian Xpress provide pick up at T nagar? Any other recommendations are also welcome.
Orange has van pick-up for T Nagar. AsianXpress comes to Adayar, but doesn't have a T Nagar pickup.
binaiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 11:49   #3977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations for Chennai to Bangalore trip Boarding at T.nagar? Earlier, I used to go via KPN which has convenient boarding at Venkatnarayana Road. But now a days it seems it's quality has come down and punctuality as well.

Does Evacay/Orange/Asian Xpress provide pick up at T nagar? Any other recommendations are also welcome.
Asian Xpress provides boarding at Raju Hospital stop. Evacay did as well but now they have not resumed their Velachery to Bangalore service after the hiatus.

Rest of the Velachery starting point buses should also be doing the same. Do check the boarding point info on RedBus for accurate information about it.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 12:23   #3978
BHPian

Quote:

VRL offers T Nagar pickup. I have used it twice and is very convenient.
arsudarsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 12:37   #3979
BHPian

Chennai <----> Bengaluru

I have always used KSRTC for my Bengaluru <----> Chennai travels.

A few advantages I found:

1. Even with "surge" pricing, the fares are still reasonable.

2. Travelling from Tiruvanmiyur to Koyambedu bus stand is a breeze; you can catch one of the TNSTC buses coming on ECR from Pondicherry/Cuddalore.

3. In Bangalore, Shantinagar used to be very convenient from my home in BTM.

4. Buses are in reasonably good condition.

5. Departure timings are maintained well. No waiting for passengers.
DigitalOne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 15:29   #3980
BHPian

Re: Chennai <----> Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
I have always used KSRTC for my Bengaluru <----> Chennai travels.
Apart from all those advantages what about the running time? KaSRTC is a pain on timing when it comes to Kerala at-least.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 15:52   #3981
BHPian

Re: Chennai <----> Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Apart from all those advantages what about the running time? KaSRTC is a pain on timing when it comes to Kerala at-least.

Cheers!
Restricting myself to Chn <---> Blr travel - KaSRTC is pretty reliable on running time as it is a bus-stand to bus-stand service; doesn't wait too much for passengers enroute, or for loading goods.
DigitalOne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:29   #3982
Senior - BHPian

I travelled to Mumbai( from Vadodara) by a Sleeper coach from Neeta Tours and Travels. It was an impromptu trip, so I was not able to check other options. I read Neta Tours and Travels on many " good looking " buses on the highway so booked it by RedBus.

It was a big mistake. The bus was dirty with empty wafer packets and wrappers. It was an AC bus and inside it was smelling like vomit. I along with other passenger forced the driver to clean it before starting the journey. The bus was 2*1 sleeper coach. Some of the double berths were empty. The driver and his companion stopped at each and every highway crossing to get some passengers. Unfortunately, they got many passengers and they accommodated six persons in each double birth. The walking passage in the bus was full of smelling shoes and socks. It was a nightmare, I was not able to sleep the entire night. The bus reached to Malad on time.

However, It was a very bad experience for me. Some of my frequent traveller friends told me that choosing a lower sleeper birth was a mistake. I agree with them. However, I also felt that choosing Neeta bus was a mistake.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd April 2019 at 08:59. Reason: Typos. Please proof read your post before submitting. Thanks.
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 21:43   #3983
BHPian

Bus passengers attacked in a private bus between Cochin & Bangalore

This is crazy, passengers were apparently attacked and kidnapped by the driver and a few goons for raising questions about a bus that broke down. Per the post this is 'Suresh Kallada' travels from Kerala to Bangalore. If this is really true, which it seems going by the video in the post, one really needs to be careful in picking up such bus in the future.

The FB post has a video and a first hand account from a fellow passenger who, going by the wordings in the post, seems to be sending out a distress call from the bus

https://www.facebook.com/Jacobphilip...671?__tn__=K-R

Apparently this is now picked up by a regional news channel but its in Malyalam (read the FB post for English)

https://www.manoramanews.com/news/br...h67K0wHyvZa-Vc

EDIT : Newsminute now carries an English version of the incident but there are subtle anomalies compared to the first hand account of the incident in the FB post.
https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...hem-out-100448

Last edited by SR-71 : 21st April 2019 at 21:51.
SR-71 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 00:38   #3984
BHPian

Wondering why we aren't discussing this incident? Is there a separate thread to discuss thug life of these bus operators?

Last edited by ampere : 23rd April 2019 at 07:12. Reason: Typo fixed
Old 23rd April 2019, 07:31   #3985
BHPian

A summary of the events from Malayala Manorama in English:

Crew of Bengaluru-bound bus arrested for thrashing passengers
https://english.manoramaonline.com/n...bound-bus.html
Shared via Malayala Manorama News App
Download @ mobile.manoramaonline.com
Old 23rd April 2019, 09:16   #3986
Senior - BHPian

It is always better to travel by a state transport corporation bus, even if it is not glitzy like the buses of these trashy omnibus operators, and are slower to reach your destination. Almost all the omnibus operators are shady fellows from politically connected families.

The driver and conductor of even the humblest stc bus will stand by the side of the passengers in case of breakdowns, and the entity will arrange for a relief bus asap. They have a responsibility towards the passengers and are accountable for their safety. Al the omnibus services operate as contract carriages and the passenger is a tourist, as far as I know.
Gansan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 09:50   #3987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
The driver and conductor of even the humblest stc bus will stand by the side of the passengers in case of breakdowns
I can't agree more, drivers get proper shift and necessary rest when it comes to Govt. run buses since they follow the roster system, prices don't fluctuate dramatically and mostly stick to timings ( at least KSRTC ones I travel in does).

Once a friend of mine took longer loo break and bus started without him, when my friend notified the ksrtc point of contact seated in that bus stop, he contacted the bus to arrange safe custody of luggage and ensured he traveled in Volvo in next 30 minutes to ensure he reach venue more or less on time with luggage waiting for him in safe custody.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 17:04   #3988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Once a friend of mine took longer loo break and bus started without him
In TN, I've seen the conductor do a head count before giving the go ahead to the driver to proceed.

On a side note, once my friend left his mobile on the side upper berth in an AC 3 Tier coach and realized the mistake after 30 minutes of alighting from the train. He immediately returned to the station, reported the issue to RPF who in turn contacted the RPF at Karur(the next major station) and the mobile was eventually back in the hands of my friend the same evening.
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:05   #3989

Had the opportunity to travel in newly introduced service of KaSRTC's Ambaari Dream Class from Bangalore to Pune.The bus is a volvo multi axle sleeper coach with body built by prakash corporation.Journey was amazing with calm and sedate driving which KaSRTC is known for.Started from Parle G toll at 8 30 in the evening and reached Pune Swargate by 10.Driver maintained 80-90 kmph for the whole journey.Overall a nice experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-1556865288074.jpg  

Vis2249696 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 13:45   #3990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis2249696 View Post
Started from Parle G toll at 8 30 in the evening and reached Pune Swargate by 10.Driver maintained 80-90 kmph for the whole journey.Overall a nice experience.
Where is this 'Parle G' toll? Does this bus travel upto Mumbai?
Also, what's the pricing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks