Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2014, 10:16   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India

How difficult is it to add such a spring brake to the trailer? Also will the cost justify the increased braking response? Has anyone driven trailers without any of such braking mechanisms? How difficult is stooping the jeep in that case?
Old 30th June 2014, 23:24   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyaulakh View Post
Hi,

I picked up this trailer from an army auction. There were two of them.

I have the combat rims. Missing parts are the support leg and reflectors.

regards
You could think of M100 specification of T3-C model.
Here is the page that could help you identify the trailer: http://bantamt3c.com/bantamid.htm

Not sure if the serial numbers that are exported out of US match to the table, buy try it: http://bantamt3c.com/bantamdatabase.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
How difficult is it to add such a spring brake to the trailer? Also will the cost justify the increased braking response? Has anyone driven trailers without any of such braking mechanisms? How difficult is stooping the jeep in that case?
I have driving with and without the brakes now, the brake is basically used avoid damages to the K member of the chassis. When you are in a slow speed and empty tub there is no difference.

I have felt the difference with my trailer when loaded with goods and whenever the brake applied it reduces the force passed to the K member thus less banging noise and impact to the jeep.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 21:10   #78
Senior - BHPian

Is it legal to fabricate and use your own trailer? I have seen many trailers made by cutting the rear half of a Matador Chassis. Most of them are used to mount generators.

Meanwhile here are some pictures of better looking trailers.
Attached Thumbnails
Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-3530968881_1a5277c500_b.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-images.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-download-2.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-download-3.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-images-10.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-images-7.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-images-8.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-images-9.jpg  

pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 10:01   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
I paid 12K for the Trailer and 7K for registration. So the sandblasting, Metal Primer coating and Transparent Enamel paint coating to be added in the expense of 2.5K
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - some information about Mahindra trailers.

Hi guys,

I am not looking for a trailer but thought I'll ask here in case someone can shed some light.

I am actively considering buying a Thar but would like to equip it with a rear motorbike loading set up like this. Now this is not a trailer clearly but it is a significant modification. How can I use some of these RTO registration processes to make this setup street legal please. I am based in Mumbai in case that is relevant.

The pics below are copied from this post from AriesSonu.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4843912 (Mounting a 100cc motorcycle to my SUV - Opinions?)

Any advice would be appreciated please.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-bike-load-2.jpg  

Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-bike-load-1.jpg  

Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 04:27   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
How can I use some of these RTO registration processes to make this setup street legal please.
Thank you.
I tend to believe that the RTO registration for trailers are not applicable for tow hitch mounted bike/motorcycle carriers.

The ones shown in the reference doesn’t touch the road hence RTO will not consider it as a trailer. It is as good as roof mounted carriers
Old 2nd September 2020, 06:47   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
I tend to believe that the RTO registration for trailers are not applicable for tow hitch mounted bike/motorcycle carriers.

The ones shown in the reference doesn’t touch the road hence RTO will not consider it as a trailer. It is as good as roof mounted carriers

Thanks Trammway. Any suggestions on what I can do to make the above setup official / legal?
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 07:09   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Any suggestions on what I can do to make the above setup official / legal?
Nothing!

If you have a box type tow hitch receiver on your vehicle then you are good to go.

Ensure your bike + load bearing platform weighs within the vehicle load tolerance else you will end up losing the vehicle balance.

FYI: Those tow hitch bike carriers are add on setup, you can safely remove them when not in use

Last edited by trammway : 2nd September 2020 at 07:12.
Old 4th September 2020, 23:25   #83
BHPian

Is it legal to have a car attached to a trailer in india ? i was told by someone who is an agent at mumbai RTO that it is not allowed. I was interested in having some clarity and having a trailer for self use where an suv can through a trailer carry a small car from city to city. Kindly advise if any one has a clear idea and the procedure to get the permits. Thank you.
Old 14th December 2022, 10:59   #84
BHPian

Hi All,
I'm sorry to dig up this old thread but thought this is the appropriate thread for the question I have.
Is it legal to haul a horse trailer behind an Innova without registration? The current manufacturers do not facilitate the registration. However, many folks in north are using them.

Here is the type of trailer I'm considering.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Trailers for carrying jeeps & farm purposes - What, How in India-otto.jpg  

Old 30th January 2024, 10:24   #85
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Seeing that hybrid cars have abysmal luggage carrying capacity, do you all agree that perhaps adding a trailer towed behind a car like let's say Honda City Hybrid or Toyota Hyrdyer would be legal in long travels? If yes, where can i find these sort of trailers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks