Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 09:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

M&M seriously should revamp their design department urgently. There seems to be a mental lapse in putting a proper design/ad in the market. Wake up M&M, having a good engine department alone will not sell numbers as people do not sit on engines and ride them, they sit in well developed/designed cars around the engines and ride them!!
Old 16th December 2009, 21:04   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
M&M seriously should revamp their design department urgently. There seems to be a mental lapse in putting a proper design/ad in the market. Wake up M&M, having a good engine department alone will not sell numbers as people do not sit on engines and ride them, they sit in well developed/designed cars around the engines and ride them!!
Well put. Some people have walked away from buying a Xylo just because of the way it looks*.

And before someone points a gun at me, let me add that I'm just talking about the cases that I know of, NOT hearsay.

*No offense to M&M aficionados.

Last edited by coloneljasi : 16th December 2009 at 21:06.
Old 17th December 2009, 11:26   #48
BHPian

I belive they must me testing some other concept (may be a new engine with load) as it does not make sense to introduce Xylo as Pickup. Also it took years for scorpio getway to come, they would not launch Xylo pckup so early in the lifecycle.

Great Scoop though

Last edited by SamtheLeo : 17th December 2009 at 11:28.
Old 17th December 2009, 12:24   #49
Senior - BHPian

at the cost of saving space that potentially wheel arches could have taken up, they have pushed the load bay really really up affecting the loading height..
Old 17th December 2009, 20:49   #50
BHPian

What is wrong with Mahindra?
I think i have come to a conclusion.M&M has invested all its money in developing awesome engines and equipping their cars with the latest technology(Scorpio gets airbags and all sought of goodies) thats why they are left with no money to pay salaries to their design team and hence this hideous result.
Old 17th December 2009, 21:10   #51
BHPian

Horrendous!
This is going to seriously affect Xylo sales! Who would buy a 8 lakh rupee car that looks exactly like a load carrier pick up?!
Old 18th December 2009, 12:52   #52
BHPian

This could very well be for the export markets only. Brazil is a very big & impt. market for M&M & I am sure thos guys will not mind a similar looking pickup as an MUV.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:15   #53

Hold on!!

I saw this vehicle without any any cover and can bet my wealth that this isn't a XYLO pickup.

This is a new product from M&M to compete with Tata Ace. Look at the tyres and wheel base. They aren't close to the size of Xylo.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

It is a Xylo pick up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwyglider View Post
I saw this vehicle without any any cover and can bet my wealth that this isn't a XYLO pickup.

This is a new product from M&M to compete with Tata Ace. Look at the tyres and wheel base. They aren't close to the size of Xylo.
Then you may almost loose all your wealth!.

This is indeed a Xylo pick up. What you must have seen is another vehicle under development. M&M must be having an Ace beater on test for sure, but this is simply Xylo pick up. They must be developing it to replace/upgrade Bolero pick up abroad
Old 18th December 2009, 15:19   #55
Senior - BHPian

. This is the Xylo pick up for sure.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:59   #56
Senior - BHPian

Although not the best looking out there the Xylo pick up should be VFM and serve its purpose which would be what most customers in the export markets are looking for. I think we're making a mistake by making fun of its looks, this is not a lifestyle pick up but instead a straightforward vehicle for carrying loads.

In markets outside India the Scorpio pick up wont be seen as a life style pick up either, instead it will be a reliable and cheaper option to the more established rivals, so looks wont be of utmost importance. By launching the Xylo version MM hits two birds with a single stone. One the vehicle becomes cheaper and secondly and what I think is most important is the fact that the Xylo being a more recent design will pass most international crash tests. This is something that M&M have struggled with the Scorpio in Australia and delaying its launch in the US.

So its too early to write of this one yet.
Old 18th December 2009, 16:42   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

This is as Ugly as a Swift DZire 's rear. First of all this Mahindra MUV wasn't a good looker, now they have made a pick-up truck out of it that looks even worse.

I dont understand which market segment are they trying to target, As a lifestyle pickup truck we already have Getaway and Xenon, And for all load hauling commercial use what can beat 207di, Bolero camper and Mahindra PIK-UP.

Even for the export markets i dont see it serving any purpose.
Old 18th December 2009, 18:44   #58
BHPian

Another male vehicle from Mahindra

The carriage looks pretty boxy. I thought, the Xylo pick-up would come out more as a lifestyle pick-up with a curvaceous body. But this one looks clearly like a commercial hauling vehicle. Even then I think it is a good move by Mahindra because Xylo's powerful engine can very well make for an economical Goods Transport vehicle.

By the way the results for the Xylo "Lets Me Fly" Contest

The luck winner Rahul Sharma won from Ghaziabad has won the trip to Bangkok and Nabil Faridi from Alig won the trip to a Club Mahindra destination in India. Thats really great stuff. I had put in my entry but my luck never shines I guess.
Old 18th December 2009, 20:47   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Well put. Some people have walked away from buying a Xylo just because of the way it looks*.

And before someone points a gun at me, let me add that I'm just talking about the cases that I know of, NOT hearsay.

*No offense to M&M aficionados.
I would tend to agree with you at first, but I have learnt the hard way - try showing the Xylo and the Scorpio to a lady and invariably the lady will pick the Xylo - the Scorpio looks too masculine for their tastes,. Ladies do have a say in the vehicle decision in many homes. No wonder the Xylo is doing quite well.
Old 3rd January 2010, 20:27   #60
BHPian

Xylo Pick up

Three days Back I saw a mahindra Xylo pick up testing at Mahindra City Chennai. Though the front of the vehicle was covered it was easy make out that it exactly resembled the Xylo. Here is the pic I managed-
Scoop pic: M&M XYLO Pickup on Test. EDIT : Detailed pictures on page 5-image027.jpg

Not sure if this is the right place to post it but I couldn't find a more appropriate thread! In case watermarking is necessary, can someone help?

Last edited by pacman2881 : 3rd January 2010 at 20:29.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks