Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Came across Construck riding a Prima...
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-photo0085.jpg  

agspins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 11:09   #842
BHPian

First shoots of Indian trucks BharatBenz

Mercedes-Benz has just revealed few teasers of a new truck, which will be produced under the new brand BharatBenz. With this brand Mercedes-Benz plans to enter medium and heavy duty commercial truck market in India, where these trucks will be produced. The BharatBenz trucks will meet environmental standards BS III, operating in India (similar to Euro III), and the lineup will include models with capacities from 6 to 49 tons. The plant’s initial production capacity will be 36,000 units per year and can be ramped up to 70,000 units per year. The truck, which we can see on the pictures, is based on the chassis of Mercedes-Benz Axor. I’m sure that It will be the first model of the company.

Courtesy:
First shoots of Indian trucks BharatBenz
Old 5th January 2012, 16:26   #843
BHPian

The new Ultra series trucks launched by TATA Motors. Images taken from their press release.
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-1-ultra-714.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-2-ultra-1017.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-3-lpt-3723.jpg  

Last edited by prmd_cochin : 5th January 2012 at 16:43.
prmd_cochin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 16:44   #844
Senior - BHPian

^^ are these from Korea? I mean, Tata's Korean ownership of Daewoo?
Old 5th January 2012, 22:08   #845

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
^^ are these from Korea? I mean, Tata's Korean ownership of Daewoo?
No these are designed and developed in India only.

Recently the bus version on the same platform "STARBUS ULTRA" was launched.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:41   #846

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschandra View Post
No these are designed and developed in India only.

Recently the bus version on the same platform "STARBUS ULTRA" was launched.
You can find the specs, pics and more info about these vehicles at:

Tata Motors : Investors : Credit Ratings
Old 7th January 2012, 18:49   #847
nbr
BHPian

Ashok Leyland unveils India’s first 37-tonne haulage truck

Ashok Leyland today introduced India’s first 37-tonne haulage truck with the highest payload of up to 27 tonnes. The U-3723 H is built on the contemporary and future-ready U-Truck platform.

The U-3723 H has five axles - twin steerable front axles, two rear axles and a self-steerable pusher lift axle at the middle that enables the vehicle to carry more loads. One interesting bit is that the auto-lift axle can sense if the vehicle is not carrying any load and will lift the axle which helps in saving fuel. The U-3723 H has a ‘H’ series engine which produces 225PS and is mated to a 9-speed gearbox.

Source: Overdrive.in
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-u3723truckleadpic_0.jpg  

Old 8th January 2012, 00:33   #848
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ashok Leyland unveils India’s first 37-tonne haulage truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
One interesting bit is that the auto-lift axle can sense if the vehicle is not carrying any load and will lift the axle which helps in saving fuel.
This happens to the TATA 3118 too. What is the difference then? Is the mechanism automatic in the AL?
Old 8th January 2012, 09:00   #849
Team-BHP Support

One of my acquaintances wishes to open AMW dealership at my place. Can someone say as to how good/bad they are?

The Mahindra Navistar is almost flop at my place. Tata rules & AL is coming up with a dealership as well. The investment required is approx ~4Cr.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:20   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
This happens to the TATA 3118 too. What is the difference then? Is the mechanism automatic in the AL?
I remember the axle in 3118 was
1. was not steerable. Hence there was a lever for the driver to lift it when reversing
2. was load sensing only when the payload exceeds certain tonnes (not sure)
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 23:37   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
One of my acquaintances wishes to open AMW dealership at my place. Can someone say as to how good/bad they are?

The Mahindra Navistar is almost flop at my place. Tata rules & AL is coming up with a dealership as well. The investment required is approx ~4Cr.
If you have gone to the extent of enquiring about the dealership then you should have known about the background?

AMW as a whole is a big assemble shop with none of the aggregates made by them. Basically AMW does what TM and AL does after a lot of R&D and product testing and then using that clue AMW comes with products.
Its a company with no major values / DNA or heritage.

They source the cab completely from china and this image shows to the extent of chinese copy - A Volvo globetrotter clone which was used in AMW's in Auto expo.

The Heavy Trucks thread-p070112_15.35.jpg

They are almost washed away in the heavy tractor segment which they came with initially. The initial fame is now completely gone and TM and AL has pushed it away and regained market share.

The segment where they are going good is Multi axle tippers. But not sure when they will topple.

I cannot comment on the decision of go or no go but its a worth wait before investing for AMW until otherwise you have lots of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
This mechanism is automatic and will lift up the axle if the GVW is less than 31T.

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2012 at 15:26. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 08:41   #852
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
this image shows to the extent of chinese copy - A Volvo globetrotter clone which was used in AMW's in Auto expo.
Is this picture from our Expo?

Quote:
They are almost washed away in the heavy tractor segment which they came with initially. The initial fame is now completely gone and TM and AL has pushed it away and regained market share.
In the heavy carrier segment, all I see is Volvo. The 10 wheeler & 12 wheeler trucks is where TM rules here. AL lags behind because of the lack of dealership.

Quote:
The segment where they are going good is Multi axle tippers. But not sure when they will topple.
Now that you say this, I start noticing it. Its all tippers.

Quote:
I cannot comment on the decision of go or no go but its a worth wait before investing for AMW until otherwise you have lots of money.
I myself am apprehensive now. Felt a bit good after reading this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...ml#post2302369 but am going to discuss this.

Thanks a ton Shall bug again if I need further clarifications.
Old 11th January 2012, 09:05   #853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
AMW as a whole is a big assemble shop with none of the aggregates made by them.
So? Make / Buy decision depends on the volume. I bet many improvements suggested by AMW is on aggregate improved the performance & quality and the same is supplied to other OEMs
Basically AMW does what TM and AL does after a lot of R&D and product testing and then using that clue AMW comes with products.
Doesn't TM / AL copy technologies from others? Even if AMW copies from others, their product performs well and ONLY hence they rule in Tipper segment.
Its a company with no major values / DNA or heritage.
Disagree
They source the cab completely from china
Whats wrong in that? Chinese have their hands raised in every field now, right from electronics to automobiles.
Dear, his question is on dealership and not on the technology / R&D. Either they copy from others / design by own, profit at dealership matters rather than the technology (I agree the sales figures are less compared to TML & AL, but not declining) I'm not supporting AMW, there are some negatives but who on earth doesn't have?
Old 11th January 2012, 19:16   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this picture from our Expo?
This is from Auto Expo only.
One more for you. 2523 Hardox Scow body tipper

Quote:
In the heavy carrier segment, all I see is Volvo. The 10 wheeler & 12 wheeler trucks is where TM rules here. AL lags behind because of the lack of dealership.
I meant heavy as 49T tractors where TM and AL are present and not the Volvo

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks a ton Shall bug again if I need further clarifications.
Waiting with Pleasure!!
But as I have hinted the partnership of AMW with Paccar and if it materializes then the combo can be better.

Because globally Paccar is the only big group away from India and I am sure they wanted to enter India.

@ Mr.Boss - regret for my quotes.
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-p070112_15.27_01.jpg  

Last edited by Ashley2 : 11th January 2012 at 19:40.
Old 12th January 2012, 01:16   #855
BANNED

Is this a joke? The AMW above is an obvious copy of Volvo's flagship dump truck.

Can the Chinese make anything that's original? What's the competitive advantage here? Certainly technology isn't. Do they even do R&D or is everything sourced from European corporations via intellectual property theft.

So is AMW India a Chinese franchise or is it Indian and only the cabs or sourced from China?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed