Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2010, 11:27   #61

KaSRTC (including NWKRTC/NEKRTC/BMTC) which is the single largest procurer of buses for past few years has from past 5 years procures mostly from TM, previously it used to be 60% TM and 40% AL. My friend who works there informed main reason they buy from TM is for FE and less maintainence especially on cummins engines
Old 30th May 2010, 11:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

I was told an interesting bit of information. TVS has AL dealerships all across TN. Irizar TVS builds AL bodies, yet TVS logistics has a Tata fleet. Is this true?
Old 30th May 2010, 11:48   #63
BHPian

AL Figures FY 09-10 Sales Figures. Will try to get TM CV figures too.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata vs Ashok Leyland: CV & HCV only-al.jpg  

Old 30th May 2010, 12:10   #64
BHPian

TM Sales
Tata vs Ashok Leyland: CV & HCV only-tm.jpg

Its quite apparent that Tata Motors rules in LCV segment, maybe due the its class leading model Ace.

In MCV and HCV segment, AL is close to 40% in sales volume of Tatas, which Tatas in no means can ignore.
Old 30th May 2010, 13:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I was told an interesting bit of information. TVS has AL dealerships all across TN. Irizar TVS builds AL bodies, yet TVS logistics has a Tata fleet. Is this true?
I have seen them in plying. They have mix of many brands.
To brings more focus in this - TVS may be a common brand used but the one who is having dealership M/s. TV SUndaram Iyengar and sons hav nothing to do with TVS parcel service which we are talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
....... maybe he can also tell us why the Army is foolish to buy mostly AL Stallions, ...
Till date there are more than 56000 Stallions been sold to Indian Army.
I was told this is the single largest fleet of any brand in any army.

Quote:
.....and in categories like double decker buses (however small the segment may be), AL is a monopoly even today.
Not only in double decker but also in Vestibule buses.
Quote:
...... we have gleaned lots of interesting facts and titbits about these 2 wonderful Indian companies who stand up to MNC might even in today's "liberal economy" times.......
Yes I would like to strongly agree with you...
We speak so much about Volvo's and MB's, but these two great Companies are in our every motion and wish they sustain in days to come.
More over I wish the CV market should be as Indian as possible unlike car industry.

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th May 2010 at 18:37. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 30th May 2010, 14:11   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Not only in double decker but also in Vestibule buses.

Yes I would like to strongly agree with you...
We speak so much about Volvo's and MB's, but these two great Companies are in our every motion and wish they sustain in days to come.
More over I wish the CV market should be as Indian as possible unlike car industry.
dear ashley , the cv market should be totally indian . if indian manufacturers cant produce quality vehicles then make them produce that by either strict laws or by providing them with good tax scemes so that they will produce it with reletively lower costs . these overseas products are highly overpriced for their capacities.
Old 30th May 2010, 15:06   #67
BANNED

Quote:
You have just peeped into this thread and concluding things with out any facts. And with a post you have made so many people fools as if they knows nothing about the trucks and buses.
I peeped out also with an apology, did you manage to read it? NO, you were looking for an argument just to pass your weekend..

Quote:
May be our friend Ranjan Sharma has got his Santro in this manner
Dude, better don't get personal. Whichever way I bought my Santro should not bother you.

Quote:
We are still waiting to see the “detailed info from him”
I will surely get that and then see you come over to comment on it!!

Quote:
THIS POINT IS HIGHLY OBJECTIONABLE AND AT NO MEANS YOU CANNOT COVER THEM WITH THE WORDS JAPANESE, GERMANS.AND YOU WANT US TO TRUST YOU...
The contextual meaning here does not sound what you say.
Mods are you watchin???
I don't want you to trust me, please. You have your own imagination, use it as you want. I just gave the clarification and I know not all 'Smart' ones will agree. They will look on to an argument by making something an issue..

Mods are surely seeing, and I guess they are sensible enough to understand what I meant.

Quote:
Its just a collective opinion and sharing of things with not just perception but from true real life experience duly supported by facts and stats.
That's what I agreed at and apologized before left, but few people are so damn reluctant to ready to fight over anything and everything (Only Online off-course).

It is all Offtopic, and I do not want to continue on this stupid argument, rather I spend some time reading through the DIY thread
Old 30th May 2010, 15:54   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
prateek99 : Its quite apparent that Tata Motors rules in LCV segment, maybe due the its class leading model Ace.
Also due to the wider range of their LCV models : the 207 series, the 407's & 407 pickup range, apart from the Ace. I am not including the 407 Turbo or 609 & larger vehicles.
Old 30th May 2010, 16:10   #69
Senior - BHPian

Guys, lets stop this argument & turn it into a healthy debate. as someone said above, amidst the argument, the main purpose of this thread has dissolved. so let ranjan come up with proper facts & then we may comment.

@ ranjan: no offence dude & i am not getting personal, but your comments, your way of addressing, the tone of your posts, etc are not pleasing. also, some statements you made were totally blatant & baseless. i think thats the reason many, including me, have ended up in an argument with you. by the way, whats with that 'banned monkey' display pic?!!

EDIT:
by the way, can we bring Eicher in picture too? i am seeing a lot of eicher buses in mumbai these days probably due to the fact that a call centre near my house has a contract with a bus operator named 'Sai Service'. they have around 20-25 buses in our area & all are eicher.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 30th May 2010 at 16:19.
Old 30th May 2010, 16:48   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
also, some statements you made were totally blatant & baseless.
Yes I am getting the sales report+the equipment designs of TATA motors trucks and will post that in few days to end up the blatantness of the comments.

Also, would someone let me know whether this discussion is only about the quality of trucks or quantity also? BTW, I never saw anyone discussing about the "World trucks" manufactured by TATA.
Old 30th May 2010, 16:56   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Also due to the wider range of their LCV models : the 207 series, the 407's & 407 pickup range, apart from the Ace. I am not including the 407 Turbo or 609 & larger vehicles.
please check out the eicher 11.10 and 10.95 sales fig.s also . it might surprise you . the way these vehicles are moving out of salesrooms are substantial. they are proving to be a tough match for tata's 1109.
Old 30th May 2010, 16:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, lets stop this argument & turn it into a healthy debate. as someone said above, amidst the argument, the main purpose of this thread has dissolved. so let ranjan come up with proper facts & then we may comment.
@raj: You stole my words

@ranjan: Maybe i'm wrong or maybe it's just me, but i find your posts teeming with emotion rather than relevant facts. Would like to see it the other way.

Quote:
by the way, can we bring Eicher in picture too?
I would like to see that too. I see a lot of contract carriage companies (those ferrying employees of many IT firms along the OMR) using Eicher buses here in Chennai. Of late, I'm seeing Parveen travels and a few handful of private operators using Eicher buses for Intercity operations too. It would definitely make sense in including Eicher too. But please keep off Volvo even though Eicher is now a subsidiary (I think I used the right word) of Volvo, because I find Volvo as a premium (pricey) brand as of now

Last edited by silversteed : 30th May 2010 at 17:09.
Old 30th May 2010, 17:31   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys I have told these two companies as Ashok Leyland and Tata Motors and not Volvo and MB.
Old 30th May 2010, 21:34   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
True condor. But the 207 and 407 segment has lot of competition (Mahindra & Eicher resp) which is doing fairly well unlike competition in Ace segment.
Old 30th May 2010, 22:40   #75
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Superiority or dominance of a commercial vehicle manufacturer comes from how strong and old is the dealer network there. TATA's have price and brand advantage. People swear by thier Cummins engine where as Hino doesnt have that brand equity. Believe me its all about how aggresive the company is in its sales strategy. Commercial vehicle is a segment where the loyalties are hard to break as earnings are directly linked ot it.
North India is strong point of TATA's specially jammu and kashmir. Ashok leyland is slowly inching its way forward. Things would be interesting with Mahindra joining the race and slowly GM getting into it.

I dont see TATA's share under risk for long time to come

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks