Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 17:10   #31
BHPian

i have requested for a td of this vehicle. I have the tata commercial divisions showroom closeby and hope to get a call once they have it delivered for a td.
Old 4th August 2010, 21:18   #32
BHPian

Where will the TATA position the Venture showcased in Auto expo? I thought that was a 7 seater MPV, somewhere in the lower segment
Old 4th August 2010, 21:33   #33
BANNED

I have travelled in winger for two days,the comfort is good but they have the TYPICAL TATA PANEL GAPS like in the first Indica.

It neither can be looked as a Mini van or a full size people mover.The only advantage is it drives like car and can swallow 9 people.The luggage compartment is small though.

This new variant can be used for office staff vans and may be few families might look at it for its price.(instead of scorpio/innova)
Old 4th August 2010, 23:05   #34
BHPian

All other details

Hi I just went ahead and talked to the local dealer VST Motors Chennai, I was shown the spec sheet and it said so
* This is a new Winger variant (previous models like standard, deluxe and luxury to continue)
* This is a development or should i say improvement on the Standard variant alone ( Difference in length attributed to standard variant)
* All the seats recline but they do not fold to liberate luggage space.
* Highly marketable for intra-city commute due to length.
* For all other family outstation trip or if you literally want to stretch inside the Winger go for the LUXURY variant.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

No doubt practical but suffers from lack of luggage space and the exterior looks. GC can be an issue in some parts with a fully loaded vehicle.
Better suited for city use for BPO kind of jobs and maybe school vans.
Old 11th August 2010, 19:02   #36
BHPian

Winger is a pretty comfortable vehicle for long trips compared to Sumo/Tavera/Qualis. The standard version may not be as comfortable and convinient as Force Traveller since you cannot stand, but the highback recliner seats offer great comfort.

Our family along with family friends (7 of them in mid 60's) travelled about 1200Km from Hyderabad - Matralaya - Mahanandi - Srisailam - Hyderabad. All the old folks who had never heard about Winger were all praising for the comfortable travel.

I drove the vehicle from Dornala to Srisailam which is about 50Km and steep ghat roads (thanks to driver for trusting me). The vehicle drove pretty well and has good control on the road. The pickup was pretty good especially when the turbo kicks in (i think at about 2000rpm).

I am sure Winger Platinum will offer even better comfort and soothing interiors. It might suit large families who don't care about looks.

Quote:
No doubt practical but suffers from lack of luggage space and the exterior looks.
The luggage space is the same as in Force Traveller or for that matter any other competitor like Tavera/Sumo/Qualis. Not sure what vehicle you are comparing it with.

Quote:
but they have the TYPICAL TATA PANEL GAPS like in the first Indica.
I have been hearing a lot of this "TATA/MAHINDRA PANEL GAPS", but really fail to understand what everyone is expecting. After seeing all the noise about panel gaps in t-bhp, I started looking at every vehicle possible and at every opportunity be it M800 or Audi A4/Merc, etc. I could not see much of a difference, at the most by 1-2mm.

What is general sense should be the least gap to be considered superior build/fit/finish?
Old 11th August 2010, 19:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Lovely van! The interiors, though old-school seem real pleasant.Are Fr. Power windows, Remote Central Locking options? If not, they surely must be. But I was wondering, why couldn't Tata have improvised 2+3+3 and made it an 8 seater?
My guess is that it has something to do with the excise duty, not sure though. Experts your 2 cents here.

Nikhil
Old 11th August 2010, 19:24   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
While safety needs to be a concern, its not yet in India. No doubt we have the dubious distinction of highest accident casualties. So no point bashing up Tata alone. You need to realise the reach of ABS, SRS features to general public. It doesnt reach beyond suave urban consumers.
Agree with you. Why blame Tata, People are not ready to pay for ABS & Airbags for cars like Ritz, I10, I20 citing additional cost when the individual is earning a very high salary

I find it very hard to convince such persons.

Nikhil
Old 11th August 2010, 19:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

Winger is perfect alternativeto the vans built on 407 chassis. Since passenger height is less than that in the tempo traveller, high speed stability will be better. But there is a gem of an engine in the force traveller:Tata can fit the 3.0 DICOR for better power/mileage.

Last edited by ramzsys : 11th August 2010 at 20:04.
Old 11th August 2010, 20:14   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
joshguy : I have travelled in winger ... they have the TYPICAL TATA PANEL GAPS like in the first Indica.
OT : Joshguy, have you checked how much these gaps are in Ford India's latest model - the Figo ? I was surprised. IIRC, I have posted pics in the Figo review thread.

Relatively, the Winger is a much older model. May be new for Tata & India. But not the model itself.
Old 11th August 2010, 21:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
OT : Joshguy, have you checked how much these gaps are in Ford India's latest model - the Figo ? I was surprised. IIRC, I have posted pics in the Figo review thread.

Relatively, the Winger is a much older model. May be new for Tata & India. But not the model itself.
For that matter even on the Nissan Micra. The panel gaps are huge in the Mirca, specially the one between the front grill and the bonnet door.
Old 12th August 2010, 08:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
It might suit large families who don't care about looks
I feel that the looks can be enhanced by adding roof rails, or an aesthetic looking roof rack. This will help get rid of the "Flat Top" look.

Wish SRK Designs or other creative Bhpians could do a PS job and show the results
Old 12th August 2010, 08:25   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
But there is a gem of an engine in the force traveller:Tata can fit the 3.0 DICOR for better power/mileage.
If you are referring to the OM616 engine that came on the earlier Tempo Travellers, yes it is a gem of an engine. This engine has been discontinued and now it is a Turbo DI engine jointly developed with input with AVL. This engine is in no way related to the original OM616 Mercedes engine.

Tata has discontinued the 3.0 DICOR which was a temporary solution to the safari's lack of power issues. What they can do is to put the detuned 2.2 VVTI engine that is in the Sumo Grande into the winger for the premium product.
Old 13th August 2010, 08:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
Winger is a pretty comfortable vehicle for long trips compared to Sumo/Tavera/Qualis. The standard version may not be as comfortable and convinient as Force Traveller since you cannot stand, but the highback recliner seats offer great comfort.

I drove the vehicle from Dornala to Srisailam which is about 50Km and steep ghat roads (thanks to driver for trusting me). The vehicle drove pretty well and has good control on the road. The pickup was pretty good especially when the turbo kicks in (i think at about 2000rpm).

I am sure Winger Platinum will offer even better comfort and soothing interiors. It might suit large families who don't care about looks.

The luggage space is the same as in Force Traveller or for that matter any other competitor like Tavera/Sumo/Qualis. Not sure what vehicle you are comparing it with.

I have been hearing a lot of this "TATA/MAHINDRA PANEL GAPS", but really fail to understand what everyone is expecting. After seeing all the noise about panel gaps in t-bhp, I started looking at every vehicle possible and at every opportunity be it M800 or Audi A4/Merc, etc. I could not see much of a difference, at the most by 1-2mm.

What is general sense should be the least gap to be considered superior build/fit/finish?
I agree with you 100%. I drove the winger in a month when it was launched. Drove the base version bought by one of my clients. I felt the driving was as good as driving a Tavera or Sumo.
Lets us take an example :
How would a family of 6 members(Seniors-2, Adults-2, Kids-2) who are willing to buy a Tavera or Sumo Grande or Bolero to keep them comfortable on long journey would see this Winger Platinum.?

1.I see most families like this in my area, have a driver. So compromise ourselves about the driving comfort we need for self-driving. Let me tell you, driving comfort wasnt that bad.
2.They need AC, which this one got for 3 rows.
3.They all have individual seats with armrest,which do recline and so each one of them have their own comfort. They have seat belts for each seats.
4.Music system included too.
5.When i saw the base model, the boot space was like the Innova. I dont find this as a reason to hate it.
6.Priced competitive in the range of tavera and sumo grande.

Specifications:
EMISSION

Bharat Stage-- BS III & BS IV
ENGINE

Engine Capacity-- 1948 cc
Maximum Power-- 90 HP @ 4300 RPM
Maximum Torque-- 190 Nm @ 2000-3000 RPM
Power to Weight ratio-- 35.30

DRIVELINE

Clutch-- 215 Dia, Single Plate Friction
Gear Box-- 5 Forward+ 1 Reverse, Manual

STEERING/BRAKES

Steering-- Power assisted, rack & pinion
Front Brakes-- Disc with Twin pot Caliper
Rear Brakes-- Drum with LSPV
Service Brakes-- Vacuum-assisted Hydraulic
Booster-- Brake Booster with TMC

SUSPENSION

Front-- McPherson Strut with coil spring
Rear-- Double parabolic leaf spring
Shock absorber-- Hydraulic telescopic in rear

DIMENSIONS

Dimensions Wheel base
Length-- 4520 mm
Width-- 1940 mm
Height (Unladen)-- 2050 mm
Ground Clearance (Laden)-- 165 mm
Turning Clearance (Laden)-- 5.65 m
Floor height (Laden)-- 480 mm
Fuel Tank -- 60 L

WHEEL

Tyre 185 R14 LT, 8PR Radial Tubeless
Wheel Caps -- Yes

Last edited by undead : 13th August 2010 at 08:57.
Old 13th August 2010, 11:16   #45
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!! this 2 litre IDI engine managed to meet BS IV standards!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks