Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2015, 18:40   #1
BHPian

At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com

Stumbled upon this website https://www.tyresnmore.com/ while finding a good nearby workshop for a tire change for my Santro

As the prices offered were very competitive, called them and asked them on Sunday to see if I could drive in and get my tires replaced. I was looking at the Apollo tubeless at 2375/- per tyre after exchange of the old ones

The guy at the end was polite and explained how they work. They have 2 EECO vans and come anywhere in Delhi,Gurgaon and Noida to change tires at home. If you buy more than 2 tires, the delivery, balancing and tire change is complimentary. Otherwise IIRC it was Rs 200 for a single or two tires.

He told me he would check if the tires were in stock and call me back in 10 minutes. He did call back and told me he needed 2 days to procure the tires. I placed the order and today afternoon I got a call that they had tires in stock. We fixed an appointment for 5:30PM at my residence and the van showed up promptly.

The two guys knew their job and changed all 4 tires in less than an hour. Mind you they dont have a ramp and lift one side of the car at a time and the balancing and tire changing machine is in the car

Pros:
1. Very punctual and prompt
2. For the tires I was looking for, cheaper than any other shop
3. I had my doubts about the manufacturing dates after reading reviews about Snapdeal. But I was told the manufacturing date of the tires before the appointment was fixed today. And you wont believe it, I got 072015 (7th week of 2015) manufactured tires
4. Convenience
5. Cash on Delivery after the job has been completed.
6. Have a genset. No power outlet needed

I don't know if this is a standard practice or not: Changed the nozzles on the rims for no additional cost. The neighborhood shop asked for Rs 300 more for the 4 nozzles

I for some reason was under the impression that they do the alignment as well. But they do not. Wont blame them, fitting an alignment machine in a car will not be easy along with a balancing machine and a tire changer.

Overall: 5/5

Disclaimer: Not commercially associated with these guys. Just impressed with how eCommerce is growing.
Attached Thumbnails
At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com-wp_20150218_001.jpg  

At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com-wp_20150218_002.jpg  

At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com-wp_20150218_003.jpg  

Last edited by akshaymahajan : 18th February 2015 at 18:51.
akshaymahajan is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 19:24   #2
BHPian

re: At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com (Delhi & NCR)

Akshay,

I got to know about this website a few weeks back too, while I've used the services of tyreonwheels.com wanted to try this one too. But once I called on their customer care since I couldn't find tyres for my Q7 as the tyres are not listed on their website, the lady on the other side gave a few calls here and there keeping me on hold and enquired the pricing and gave me a quote. I was satisfied with the quote and once their boys came to do the fitting, the first thing they asked for money before starting their job which was a turn off as I was standing their and letting them to their job in my presence and would have eventually handed over the money. Secondly, they charged me Rs. 300 for fitting of tyres which was mentioned on the invoice for which I objected as they have mentioned on their website as FREE fitting had to let go and cancel the order as the tyres sent were also of 0112 make of Goodyear for OE Q7.

Would really give a thumbs down to tyresnmore for their service and support as the people who had come for fitting were not professional and were again and again calling someone for inquiring what to do and how to do,etc. Then had to go back using tyreonwheels as have been satisfied with their services and support.

I'd really like to congratulate all these e-commerce websites who are making our maintenance of cars really easy.

P.S. I'm not at all associated with any e-commerce website and I'm praise for all the APPs, Websites for making our work easy

Last edited by purge : 18th February 2015 at 19:30. Reason: Spelling
purge is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 20:50   #3
BHPian

re: At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com (Delhi & NCR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by purge View Post
Akshay,

I got to know about this website a few weeks back too, while I've used the services of tyreonwheels.com wanted to try this one too. But once I called on their customer care since I couldn't find tyres for my Q7 as the tyres are not listed on their website, the lady on the other side gave a few calls here and there keeping me on hold and enquired the pricing and gave me a quote. I was satisfied with the quote and once their boys came to do the fitting, the first thing they asked for money before starting their job which was a turn off as I was standing their and letting them to their job in my presence and would have eventually handed over the money. Secondly, they charged me Rs. 300 for fitting of tyres which was mentioned on the invoice for which I objected as they have mentioned on their website as FREE fitting had to let go and cancel the order as the tyres sent were also of 0112 make of Goodyear for OE Q7.

Would really give a thumbs down to tyresnmore for their service and support as the people who had come for fitting were not professional and were again and again calling someone for inquiring what to do and how to do,etc. Then had to go back using tyreonwheels as have been satisfied with their services and support.

I'd really like to congratulate all these e-commerce websites who are making our maintenance of cars really easy.

P.S. I'm not at all associated with any e-commerce website and I'm praise for all the APPs, Websites for making our work easy
Sucks. Maybe they were in the teething phase then considering its just 8 months old. Or I got lucky and the good van out of the 2 they run :P
Though that's the second best thing about the e commerce industry, if you don't pull up your socks and get your act together, you will be history in no time. God bless healthy competition! To good deals and better customer service.
akshaymahajan is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 14:34   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Just impressed with how eCommerce is growing.
You can say that again! Just saves us so much time. I had a great experience ordering a new battery online for my Jeep. Seamless ordering & payment, battery change down my place.

If a good at-home tyre service opens up in Mumbai, I'll be the first to try them out.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 20:58   #5
BHPian

How do they stabilize the machine inside the van so that it can balance the tires properly? Is the van raised off its suspension to do the balancing? How is it kept level? Such balancing machines usually are meant to be mounted to a level and solid floor for them to work as designed.

Last edited by VCheng : 19th February 2015 at 21:18.
VCheng is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 21:23   #6
BHPian

In theory this all sounds good. However, from a customer standpoint what do we do if there is an issue with the product and they don't respond?

This is an online service with no physical presence. I did go through their website and noted that they have an office in West Delhi. I don't know if they have a showroom at that address. And, for how long they have been operating at that address?

As I am writing this, it occurred to me why don't the tyre manufacturers directly sell online? Or, is it that they already do?

Call me 'old school' but for me if I am spending in excess of INR 10,000 of hard earned money I would very much want to be able to visit the store to sort out issues. More so because of the weak and slow legal system in India.

Ps: for this to be successful, they will need to provide exceptional service, build absolute customer trust and keep doing it every day.

Last edited by Traveller Nayak : 19th February 2015 at 21:29.
Traveller Nayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 23:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post

I for some reason was under the impression that they do the alignment as well. But they do not. Wont blame them, fitting an alignment machine in a car will not be easy along with a balancing machine and a tire changer.
Will the wheel balancer be able to balance the wheels properly as the machine is mounted on an unstable platform and possibly un-level platform (depending on the surface the vehicle is parked); i.e., a regular van without any additional stabilizers.

Ranger wheel balancing says the following in their manual:

Quote:
The balancer MUST be located on a flat floor of solid construction, preferably concrete. The balancer MUST sit solidly on the floor. If the balancer is not level, or is placed on an unstable floor, the balancer will not function properly and will produce inaccurate balance readings. The balancer
MUST be bolted down. It will NOT function properly if operated on the pallet.
Quote:
The machine can be installed on any firm and level ground. It is recommended that the balancer is securely anchored to the floor. For this purpose holes are provided in the base of the machine. Mount the machine to the floor using 1/2" anchor bolts.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 14:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
How do they stabilize the machine inside the van so that it can balance the tires properly? Is the van raised off its suspension to do the balancing? How is it kept level? Such balancing machines usually are meant to be mounted to a level and solid floor for them to work as designed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Will the wheel balancer be able to balance the wheels properly as the machine is mounted on an unstable platform and possibly un-level platform (depending on the surface the vehicle is parked); i.e., a regular van without any additional stabilizers.

Ranger wheel balancing says the following in their manual:
I did not think this through. But now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense. I for one did not check if the machine was even bolted to the floor of the car. Forget leveling and all. I am guessing I should go to a nearby tirewaala and get the balancing done when i drop in for the alignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
In theory this all sounds good. However, from a customer standpoint what do we do if there is an issue with the product and they don't respond?

This is an online service with no physical presence. I did go through their website and noted that they have an office in West Delhi. I don't know if they have a showroom at that address. And, for how long they have been operating at that address?

Ps: for this to be successful, they will need to provide exceptional service, build absolute customer trust and keep doing it every day.
I used these guys because they offered COD and did not ask for an advance. The lady who called me to confirm the visit informed me that the tires were manufactured in 2015. The guys who came handed me an invoice and a Apollo warranty card stamped by a tire shop in Mayapuri. They asked me to inspect all the tires and showed the date before lifting my car on the jack.

But now that you guys mentioned the balancing issues, I am in doubt if I will use them again. Dagnabit!!
akshaymahajan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 14:30   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I have just ordered a pair of extremely hard to find tyres, and they sent me an invoice for an advance amount. I was looking around for any kind of review, and where do i find it.
Theyll be popping over on sunday, and the price offered for the tyres is about 80% of what it is on snapdeal or their ilk. In fact, its 80% of what I bought the original set for!
Lets hope the rest is as good
Old 18th January 2016, 11:56   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I have just ordered a pair of extremely hard to find tyres, and they sent me an invoice for an advance amount. I was looking around for any kind of review, and where do i find it.
Theyll be popping over on sunday, and the price offered for the tyres is about 80% of what it is on snapdeal or their ilk. In fact, its 80% of what I bought the original set for!
Lets hope the rest is as good
Well, I ordered the tyre from these guys, and they sent off a Payumoney invoice of 1000 rs pre deposit. I made the payment, and they turned on the dot in the half hour slot provided.
Quick, efficient, doorstep service, of a hard to find tyre. Its ALL GOOD!

Here's the blown tyre:
At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com-blown-tyre.jpg

This is the wheel balancing machine in the van. I anyway have to get it balanced and aligned, all the wheels, so I dont really care about it being ok. If the replaced wheel does not need balancing, I will update:
At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com-balancer1.jpg
At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com-balancer2.jpg

Some random pics of their operation:
At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com-equipment.jpg
At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com-equipment-2.jpg
At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com-equipment-3.jpg
mayankk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 19:30   #11
BHPian

I used their service today and was very professional.
- Was at my place (outskirts of bangalore) ahead of appointment time--> Extremely rare in India & especially in Bangalore.
- Did the job for 4 tyres (remove, change, wheel balance and fit) in less than 30 mins
- Courteous & professional behavior
- Shared details of make before they confirmed the order (all were less than 4 months old)

To add they are in Bangalore (since 3 years, have 3 mobile vans) and Hyderabad as well. May be the title should be revised to include these locations as well.
Old 1st November 2021, 13:43   #12
Senior - BHPian

About 15 months back, when I decided to get a new set of tyres for my car, I was curious regarding any specialized e-com sites in the space. My first stop for gathering the required information was Team-BHP, including this very thread. I noted that care is needed regarding the manufacturing date of the tyres and also that WAB might not be accurate when done at doorstep

Tyresnmore offered doorstep delivery, fitment, wheel balancing and offered COD. Other e-com sites wanted full pre-payment and/or just acted as a coordinator between me and a tyre dealer (meaning I would have to drive down to a designated dealer possibly 10 km away).
Therefore I chose tyresnmore and my strategy was:
  • Talk to their "tyre experts" and get the manufacturing date of the tyres
  • Verify the same when the tyres are delivered. Make it clear at the outset that if the manufacturing date is not the same as shared earlier, I will not proceed with the order
  • Full payment will be done after fitment
  • Get a WAB done at an outside shop after fitment
The tyresnmore "tyre experts" were polite, helpful, and called me back with the necessary information whenever they promised to do so. I was happy with the way things went, and placed the order. They arrived at my location within the promised time, and the fitment was done quickly. They came with their own genset and did not ask for a power outlet or any other facility. It would have been great if they would have bought the old tyres for a small price, but they only offered to take them for free. It is another matter that I was unable to sell them anywhere outside either.

Overall it was a very good experience and also saved a decent amount of money.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 06:51   #13
BHPian

Just used their service after reading positive reviews here. Must say a pretty hassle-free one and overall pretty satisfied with Tyre replacement of my V -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5257352 (Heart over head! My pre-owned Honda CR-V 2.4L AWD)
Old 2nd November 2022, 11:40   #14
BHPian

Re: At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com

Yes...
Ordered and got my X4 tires replaced. These are imported RFTs, and, they gave the best price and service at door step. Here is a more detailed review

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post5431886 (RFT to Tubeless switch for BMW 320d)
Old 5th March 2023, 08:04   #15
BHPian

Re: At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com

I used TyresNMmore’s service in replacing tyres on our Linea last week in Bangalore. Their website was seamless to use and in less than 12 hrs after placing an order, their delivery van was at our doorstep. The cost might be a little more than a conventional shop (I'm not sure on this), but the convenience factor definitely makes it worth it.

The guys doing the tyre change came in a Tata Ace style van and were self sufficient (they had their own generators and equipment) and in about 90 min they finished the job. Tyres were new as well with a couple of them having 5122 and the other two having 2922 as their date code. Overall a very pleasant experience and I wouldn’t mind recommending them to others.

Chose a basic Apollo Alnac 4G tyres which replaces the Yokohama Earth-1 that were installed in 2016.

At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com-c94aada125784280b85556a8a5cc88fa.jpeg

At-home Tyre Change & Balancing - TyresNMore.com-1d0d2fbf4316418ca0604eb8bcce1d5a.jpeg
rohittunga is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks