Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 01:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Different viewpoints for one object, thanks all for the clarifications. I mistook your perception in the light of various other stereotyping developments.

Prakhar and SinghBHP, it would be great to meet you on a trip to Sai Mag. If you're fond of Chrome, they've some amazing designs for Swift in Black Chrome.

Last edited by tsk13 : 16th June 2010 at 01:40.
Old 19th July 2010, 12:30   #17
BHPian

The Sai Mag Wheels guys are one of the very few people who can be trusted for their products, and have top ranking in my books.

Good quality products, VFM price and great business ethics is what their brand is made of.

I bought alloys for my Hyundai Getz from them, and had a great experience.

Mr.Gautum entertained me very well, just like an enthusiast should be.

Cheers to them!!
Old 16th June 2012, 13:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Alloy Wheels - Sai Mag Wheels (Rama Road Industrial Area)

Not so professional attitude (Gautam) .. but nevertheless, got my alloys yesterday. Tremendous variety!
Old 21st August 2012, 10:42   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just completed my dealing with Gautam and it's overall been a 5 star experience.

I bought 17" wheels for the Civic in a set of 5 from him. Sitting in Mumbai, why would I buy from Delhi? In short: Limited variety of 17s in Mumbai. I'm a lover of 5-spoke designs and he's the official importer for HiJoin, whose H125 wheel design made me salivate. I was absolutely firm on a set of 5 (Mumbai retailers had wheels in a set of 4 only).

It took a while to get the wheels to India, but that's understandable as he had to specially place an order for a set of 5 wheels. I had no problem waiting as I was getting exactly what I wanted. The wheels were perfectly packaged and the transportation cost from Delhi -> Mumbai worked out to a mere Rs. 1,630.

Will deal again.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 09:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

I totally agree with Tanveer and GTO on their experience and consequent opinions on Sai Mag Wheels. I recently purchased a set of Yongle 4WD Alloys from Gautam (although HRS 519 was a big contender), and went through a very similar experience. His guidance and advice during the entire buying process seemed genuine and not solely focussed on clocking a sale. In fact, he was straight-forward on what he offers and what he will not offer.

I highly rate this business and highly recommend them to others as well.

By the way they are open to Pan India customers. Although they don't have a proper Online store, whatever you see on their website is what they have in stock. So, you do a selection, give them a call, ask your questions, place an order, transfer money via NEFT etc. and they dispatch the Alloys to you backed with guarantee. A friend of mine tried this and had Zero issues.

Last edited by roy_libran : 23rd August 2012 at 09:48.
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:12   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
By the way they are open to Pan India customers.
I don't think they are open to pan India customers. They refused to ship to Assam, as their transporter doesn't cover this state. This apart, they don't reply to emails and even over phone their not-so-cooperative attitude didn't leave me impressed.
Old 23rd August 2012, 13:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
I don't think they are open to pan India customers. They refused to ship to Assam, as their transporter doesn't cover this state. This apart, they don't reply to emails and even over phone their not-so-cooperative attitude didn't leave me impressed.
Assam and NE may probably be exceptions. Of course I never checked for as wide a coverage as that, and you may be right.

I believe every businessman will use a degree of screening of calls to differentiate the serious interest calls from the casual inquiries. You may have been a victim, inadvertently or otherwise, of the same.
I recall, long back (year or so) when I had called them up on a casual inquiry, I was cold-shouldered as well, by Gautam or Anand (I don't recall clearly).

The next time, I was a lot more specific and my questions had a degree of urgency associated, and I got a full 20-25 minutes detailed conversation, before I went to their store. At the store they entertained my further inquisitiveness and dilly-dallying for close to an hour, before I made a decision.
They also assisted me by placing around 10-11 different Rims on my vehicle, to help me make up my mind. Mind you, they needed to bring out the rims from their second floor store to my vehicle, which was parked some distance away and then contend with all my vaccilations.

And, they DO respond to Emails. I can share proof if you need it. Depends I guess, if your query is specific or generic.

Last edited by roy_libran : 23rd August 2012 at 13:58.
Old 17th September 2012, 09:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the review guys,

I am interested in H 547 8x17" 160 PCD for my TATA Xenon. (stock alloy is 5.5x16")
Alloy Wheels - Sai Mag Wheels (Rama Road Industrial Area)-a4.jpg

Alloy Wheels - Sai Mag Wheels (Rama Road Industrial Area)-580136_398704243505293_114504151_n.jpg
I have sent mail to them & have got a quot for 4 wheels. (instead of 5 which i had mentioned in my inquiry mail)

Mailed them back & got a quot for set of 5 wheels the next day.

I havent called them yet as i am not sure that i will get MRF Wanderer AT in 265/65/17 easily, so i will confirm availability of tyres then go for rims.
Alloy Wheels - Sai Mag Wheels (Rama Road Industrial Area)-mrf-wanderer.jpg

Alloy Wheels - Sai Mag Wheels (Rama Road Industrial Area)-getimagemrf.jpg
Will update here my experience as i deal with them.

rhds,
Nikhil

Last edited by jeepster : 17th September 2012 at 09:19.
Old 7th February 2013, 15:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

I had mailed them about Punto wheels, the quote was reasonable and transportation costs were not detailed as they are uncertain about shipping to Bangalore. The mode of payment required was to transfer money to their account.

The next part of the mail says I need to send a copy of a signed letter stating that the wheels are not for resale, not their business to know, at all. Also they need a copy of my driving licence/PAN . I haven't planned a purchase just yet, I'll wait till find a supplier whose KYC norms are slightly more relaxed.
Old 7th February 2013, 15:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
I had mailed them about Punto wheels, the quote was reasonable and transportation costs were not detailed as they are uncertain about shipping to Bangalore. The mode of payment required was to transfer money to their account.

The next part of the mail says I need to send a copy of a signed letter stating that the wheels are not for resale, not their business to know, at all. Also they need a copy of my driving licence/PAN . I haven't planned a purchase just yet, I'll wait till find a supplier whose KYC norms are slightly more relaxed.
I just Shot an Email to them regarding wheels for My Linea.
If this is the case,i think i will drive down to NCR and get the wheels there.
Old 7th February 2013, 18:29   #26
o.D
BHPian

Quote:

Hey avira_tk
I've bought my wheels from them providing the necessary details if that's the only concern and the transportation was 800 bucks. Recommend you consider them as they are definitely much cheaper than the local dealers here.
Old 7th February 2013, 22:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Avira, I've emailed Gautam from Sai Mag Wheels asking the reason for the same. Shall post his point soon.

Further, going by the fact that the Alloys are to be shipped to Bangalore in the State of Karnataka from Delhi, as per Sales Tax Rules Inbound Goods require E-Sugam Form to be filled online by a Registered Dealer and since you're an Individual Buyer (Non-Registered Entity and Goods are for Self-Consumption), maybe that's why they put forward requirement for Declaration and your Documents. If goods enter Karnataka without the Declaration, Sales Tax Authorities might seize your goods (in case they stop the Truck carrying your goods) and ask you to pay a penalty.

You pay in advance, so the entire risk after Alloys are booked with Transport lies with you. Their requirements are to be fulfilled so that you get your consignment sans hassles, especially those from Sales Tax Department and just for the note, no reputed Transport Carrier undertakes Shipment to States with such Regulatory Requirements without Proper Paperwork. A single consignment lacking relevant Documents can hold up the entire truck, may even lead to seizure.

Details regarding the Forms can be found here: http://www.bluedart.com/regulatory.html

A Quote from Bluedart's Website regarding Transport of Goods to Karnataka -
Quote:
NOTE 1 : PERSONAL SHIPMENTS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY CAN TRAVEL ON PRINTED DECLARATION WITH CONSIGNEE/SHIPPERS COMPLETE ADDRESS ALONG WITH CONTACT NO OF CONSIGNEE, IDENTIFICATION PROOF WILL GIVE MORE GENUINESS OF SHIPMENT AND WILL HELP IN FASTER CLEARANCE.

Last edited by tsk13 : 7th February 2013 at 22:58.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 12:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Avira, I've emailed Gautam from Sai Mag Wheels asking the reason for the same. Shall post his point soon.

A Quote from Bluedart's Website regarding Transport of Goods to Karnataka -
The issue is that for a single purchase it's quite a hassle, anyway the complaint is not regarding their pricing/policies. A business can have any restriction it wants.

Asking for a PAN card copy to make an alloy wheel purchase is quite unnecessary, the limit is well below the 50K RBI limit. The folks have quite a good reputation here, which is why I contacted them.

PS. It would be nice if they mentioned Sales Tax rules in the conditions.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 01:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The issue is that for a single purchase it's quite a hassle, anyway the complaint is not regarding their pricing/policies. A business can have any restriction it wants.

Asking for a PAN card copy to make an alloy wheel purchase is quite unnecessary, the limit is well below the 50K RBI limit. The folks have quite a good reputation here, which is why I contacted them.

PS. It would be nice if they mentioned Sales Tax rules in the conditions.
Avira, unfortunately our Country is going through a weird system especially with regards to impediments of these nature in the name of enhancing tax collection and curbing unaccounted trade but an innocent customer like you and me suffers.

I had a word with Gautam from Sai Mag and he mentioned that no Transporter undertakes booking without proper Documentation and it's true, since I've dealt with Transport Guys myself.

From a Business Concern's point of view, they want to sell and in infinity but curbs come in the form of Norms, Policies et al which they've to abide with. As a Nation, we need a Single Market atleast for the common man. One of my friend presented a Fake Wedding Invitation to the Trucker transporting new Furniture for his home from Delhi to another state 'coz he had no Sales Tax Form for the same.

RBI Limit for PAN is for Deposits in Banks and other Financial Institutions and Service Providers whereas these Rules are Governed by Sales Tax Authorities of Respective Trades. Anyhow, go ahead with your purchase if you're okay with the PAN Number Clause, these guys are extremely good to deal with. My First & Last Purchase from them was in 2009 but I always get a warm response from them even today.
Old 13th February 2013, 10:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Anyhow, go ahead with your purchase if you're okay with the PAN Number Clause, these guys are extremely good to deal with. My First & Last Purchase from them was in 2009 but I always get a warm response from them even today.
I understand there are issues with inter state transaction. My understanding from the website was that it was something like any other online shopping method. I'll do the purchase once my 2year service is done. Thanks for the info.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks