Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 17:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Alloy Wheels - Sai Mag Wheels (Rama Road Industrial Area)

I want a sporty design and the wheel finish should certainly go with the car BUT where will I find the right set? These were few concerns I had while deciding the right wheel for my Real Earth Santro Xing and the answer was found in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ag-wheels.html created by BHPian 'Notorious'.

These industry veterans can undisputedly be termed the first to introduce quality imported alloy wheels in the Indian market. Not many know that Sai Mag Wheels introduced 'League' in India, a quality wheel in a market flooded with un-branded and cheap Chinese stuff. Established in 1997, today they've a pan-India market for their brands: HR (HRS), Yongle and Freeman.

Big Daddy of alloy wheels is the right term to describe Sai Mag Wheels, you never fall short of designs and their collection is too much to spoil you for choice. Designs are just one aspect of their offerings, another important aspect are different finishes for a single design, something rare with other brands.

Offerings
  • Alloy Wheels of HR (HRS), Yongle and Freeman
Please note that they don't deal in tyres, no fitment and they don't buyback your old set of wheels.

USP's
  • Widest range of Alloy Wheels
  • Wheels in Different Finish (I think no other importer can challenge them on this aspect along with the Designs they've)
  • Straight-forward. All queries answered properly leaving no scope for if's and but's. I've learned a lot about Alloy wheels from Gautam of Sai Mag. It's always a pleasure to meet him and discuss this field.
  • Light weight Mag Wheels in great finishes are available with them.
  • Replica Wheels for Luxury cars
Pricing
  • Affordable Wheels
What I Like
  • Concern for an individual retail customer. They're big-time importers and distributors, we as single customer alone won't make a big difference in their balance sheet but still they entertain us very well.
  • Their Collection: Designs and Finish.
Where I want them to improve
  • An online store will be a great idea.
  • Can we have more designs please? I'm being too greedy for choice.
Contact Details
Contact: Vichai Ratnabhas, Anand Ratnabhas and Gautam Ratnabhas

At: Store- +91 25430944 | Vichai Ratnabhas- +91 9910016199 | Anand Ratnabhas- +91 9811052513 , +91 9810315312 | Gautam Ratnabhas- +91 9811333716

Where: 70/B-17. Rama Road Industrial Area, NEW DELHI 110 015

Landmark(s): In the area behind Harpreet Ford/ Hans Hyundai Complex; Opposite Kirti Nagar Metro Station on the other side of the road.

Website: Alloy Wheels, Car Alloy Wheels, Automotive Alloy Wheels, Chrome Alloy Wheels India , http://www.saimagwheels.com and Alloy Wheels, Car Alloy Wheels, Automotive Alloy Wheels, Chrome Alloy Wheels India

Email: inquiry@saimagwheels.com , vichai@saimagwheels.com , anand@saimagwheels.com and gautam@saimagwheels.com

Facebook Page: ALLOY WHEELS INDIA | Facebook

I've always interacted with Gautam from Sai Mag and the experience has always been good. He's aware of TBHP and this reference is surely beneficial.

Last edited by Eddy : 19th July 2010 at 21:42. Reason: Corrected Typo
tsk13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2010, 22:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Cant agree more with Tanveer, by far the best place for a set of alloys for any car. If looking for alloys, The first place I visit is Sai Mag and usually I always come out after buying a set, the choices is huge and the best part being everything is on display so you can see the finish yourself and decide. Pictures are usually not accurate.
Old 8th June 2010, 21:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Cant agree more with Tanveer, by far the best place for a set of alloys for any car. If looking for alloys, The first place I visit is Sai Mag and usually I always come out after buying a set, the choices is huge and the best part being everything is on display so you can see the finish yourself and decide. Pictures are usually not accurate.
Thanks for adding this point Manan. Pictures on the net don't present the real picture of the finish, a perfect example being the Full Machined Gun Metal finish.

Anyhow, this is the place to be for alloy wheels.
Old 10th June 2010, 23:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

True that they have a very good collection of alloys alongwith a wonderful website, which is easy to use & the search feature is well laid out.

Although when I contacted them on their landlines, they were not very helpful. I don't know why but I have seen many such dealers stressing that one should come down to their place & they do not like to entertain a customer on the phone (rather speak as if we are bothering them) & Sai Mag wheels was no different. I did not take this lightly & asked for Anand Ratnabhas & he was no different. He really had it from me that day & that's when he started speaking sense.

Maybe a direct conversation with Gautam (as mentioned by Tanveer) or somebody else would have gone better. Plus I usually do not mention TBhp, & but then it doesn't mean that they shouldn't entertain non-Tbhpians.

Above is the only negative I found, although I must say again that the collection is too good & I am sure everyone can find something to suit their tastes.

Regards.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 10th June 2010 at 23:12.
Old 11th June 2010, 00:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
True that they have a very good collection of alloys alongwith a wonderful website, which is easy to use & the search feature is well laid out.

Although when I contacted them on their landlines, they were not very helpful. I don't know why but I have seen many such dealers stressing that one should come down to their place & they do not like to entertain a customer on the phone (rather speak as if we are bothering them) & Sai Mag wheels was no different. I did not take this lightly & asked for Anand Ratnabhas & he was no different. He really had it from me that day & that's when he started speaking sense.

Maybe a direct conversation with Gautam (as mentioned by Tanveer) or somebody else would have gone better. Plus I usually do not mention TBhp, & but then it doesn't mean that they shouldn't entertain non-Tbhpians.

Above is the only negative I found, although I must say again that the collection is too good & I am sure everyone can find something to suit their tastes.

Regards.
Prakhar, a competitor can also call up as a genuine customer and this might be harmful for their business. I remember when I was going to buy alloys I called them up to confirm the prices but they insisted that I should come over and only then will they convey me all the details. In business, one has to practice caution with the details he/she shares with the other person over a telephonic/ email conversation.

TBHPians or not, for them all are equal on the phone or in the email. I also came across a case where they shipped alloys to a BHPian from South India immediately after getting the payment transferred into their account, no personal interaction involved at all. In any case, I suggest if in New Delhi visit them rather than talking on the phone. I was in meeting with a NCR based Machinery manufacturer a fortnight back and he mentioned how they're sceptical of strangers coming over without any references to their office, an example he gave was vital in proving his logic which I can't share here. That was my first Post-Graduation valuable advice on the day when I took my last exam, such experiences one won't find in any managament book.
Old 11th June 2010, 01:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Prakhar, a competitor can also call up as a genuine customer and this might be harmful for their business. I remember when I was going to buy alloys I called them up to confirm the prices but they insisted that I should come over and only then will they convey me all the details. In business, one has to practice caution with the details he/she shares with the other person over a telephonic/ email conversation.

TBHPians or not, for them all are equal on the phone or in the email. I also came across a case where they shipped alloys to a BHPian from South India immediately after getting the payment transferred into their account, no personal interaction involved at all. In any case, I suggest if in New Delhi visit them rather than talking on the phone. I was in meeting with a NCR based Machinery manufacturer a fortnight back and he mentioned how they're sceptical of strangers coming over without any references to their office, an example he gave was vital in proving his logic which I can't share here. That was my first Post-Graduation valuable advice on the day when I took my last exam, such experiences one won't find in any managament book.
Hey tanveer,

OT- How are you doing? Have a plan, will call you tomorrow.

I understand the skepticism, but then I would have to disagree.

Even if someone such as their competitors call them posing as a customer (genuine), & even if they divulge their prices to this person, how is their business getting affected? If suppose they sell at 10K for a set of 4 alloys, they cannot change that & nor can the competitor do anything about it except maybe sell his stuff at a lower price. And them not divulging the prices on phone is not going to stop competition from knowing on what price Sai is selling its stuff & what they have & what it's worth. Plus, it's not just prices, they were unwilling to share any further information, let alone prices & this was further dissapointing.
Also, if the competitor were someone like me, I would then surely go down to their place physically & inquire not just about the prices but also about what all different kinds of stuff they deal in, where do they source these from etc etc.

As for other reasons, like maybe IT, it still doesn't go down with me as there are 100s of ways of knowing what Sai is doing, & someone who has to know can get to know about it without the phone calls as well. I think I might just have spilled a few beans here

I understand the concept of being careful, but this was certainly not that. And I can understand this because I am also a part of a business, & have also seen other retailers/shops etc such as Sai & they do not have this approach. The most recent example was Arush (Autopsyche) & a paint company in Ashok Vihar from whom I am to buy night glow paint.

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 11th June 2010 at 01:36.
Old 11th June 2010, 13:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Prakhar, perceptions vary but we're forgetting the fact that they're Distributors first and then retailers. All other stores we interact directly even the ones you mentioned are re-sellers and business practices vary for these two.

Anyhow, you can come over to Sai Mag with me for your future requirements and you shall have an experience contrary to your first one.
Old 11th June 2010, 21:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Prakhar, perceptions vary but we're forgetting the fact that they're Distributors first and then retailers. All other stores we interact directly even the ones you mentioned are re-sellers and business practices vary for these two.

Anyhow, you can come over to Sai Mag with me for your future requirements and you shall have an experience contrary to your first one.
True, & my perception says that distributors or retailers, they are most importantly businessmen out there running a business, & I found no reason & nor could you tell any about why they would have to behave the way they did over phone. The paint shop I mentioned in my last post is actually a manufacturer & also a distributor apart from being the retailer for some products.

As for Sai, they are doing plenty business & selling their stuff from a well made shop/showroom, which surely awards them the title of a retailer as well, although they might also be distributors.

Anyways, I don't hold a grudge against them, it was an experience I had with them which was not the best approach on their part.

And surely, we can go together the next time, however I am sure they would be nicer in person. This experience of mine was limited to the phone conversation I had with them, as mentioned earlier.

Drive safe, take care.
Old 13th June 2010, 10:44   #9
BHPian

Hi Guys, though I have never called "Sai Mag" but had similar experiences at another shops which I have called. I believe that wether they are wholesalers or a retailers if they want customers, they should answer queries on phone. As an old saying goes "First Impression is the last impression", a bad conversation impression on phone will always stop me to drive 20 +Kms to a shop for so-called different experience. Or even if I am driving down to the shop does that mean that they will sell the wheel in Losses, a Rs 10000 product will remain of Rs 10000 wether on phone or in person. If they cannot answer on phone then why add "Contact us" on website or mention their phone numbers.

One of the reason which a dealer once gave me was "If we start answering queries on phone we will have to open a seperate customer care dept. also he believed that if a customer comes to his shop he can convince him to buy the product as most of the customers a ill-informed and he can easily alter buying decisions( I am sure that this cannot be true for BHPians)"

As far as treating a Non-Bhpian differently than BHPian is concerned : These days most of the people are members of forums/communities, it could be anything like Team-BHP, carwale, XBHP etx., or have their own blogs. If I am treated badly I would surely post and atleast some people who read it will be influenced by it. Then, they will not even call, leave alone visiting the Shop. Take an example of Horryfying Stories about Skoda Dealers/products on our forum. Though people are buying it but still, such stories do effect buying decisions.Hence, I believe dealers should be very careful while treating anyone.

This is a new sections just started on Team-BHP, bad experiences at start will surely make people who read this to think Twice before visting such shops.Atleast it has stopped me to not to call that shop.

Note : I do not have any grudge against Sai or say any other shop, just wanted to share my thoughts on this ongoing discussion.

Last edited by SinghBHP : 13th June 2010 at 10:50.
Old 14th June 2010, 00:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

SinghBHP, it's nice that you shared your views but in light of the purpose for which the Team BHP Directories have been created, I've narrated my experience, which I firmly believe represents the larger section of opinions.

Moreover, I think we're digressing from the topic. If you don't wish to call, it's your opinion but surely you're at a loss. I firmly stand by Sai Mag inspite of a negative opinion since I've encountered one of the most customer oriented dealers ever in my life. And before making a decision of not calling them, just pay them a visit and let us know. They might ask how you came across them and for me the answer was TBHP, this is a sure question as they've no advertisements and even their is no board outside their showroom cum warehouse.

Comparing Sai Mag with Skoda is no way justified, both negative concerns have different developments and one can't simply term them wrong since blackfire didn't interact with them in person which Sai Mag offered to. Even I was turned down quotation over the phone and requested to come over, which I did. There are few business rules which customers should understand, never expect Manufacturers or Distributors to be open to a stranger except in case of referrals by people known to them. Such communications can be way too negative for their business. Sai Mag being Wholesellers primarily have no obligation of whatsoever kind to entertain a retail customer as per his whims and fancies and when they do interact, my narration above is an answer to this.

People, before criticising any organisation or seller do think of your query from their point of view and what organization they're. Sai Mag can easily re-direct us to their re-sellers but they entertain us very well and such negative reviews based on events which go against their business practices and a general business practice amongst Manufacturers and Distributors surely are inappropriate and such bashing isn't ethical on customer's part. Please refrain from stereotyping, something very common nowadays where-in if one of tyres gets some problem due to customer's fault and company refuses to replace, the affected creates a post and malign the entire company. Such posts are irrelevant, harmful to the concerned organization and may render a BHPian inaccessible to amongst the best in the market.

Last edited by tsk13 : 14th June 2010 at 01:00.
Old 14th June 2010, 01:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I've always interacted with Gautam from Sai Mag and the experience has always been good. He's aware of TBHP and this reference is surely beneficial.
I got my Sparkys alloys from him , my friends ANHC alloys and another ones for Safari from him. These brothers are extremely courteous , patient and warm when it comes to attending retail customers like us.

I can challenge that no one in north would have the collection that these guys have and the flip side is that with the kind of options that they have it further confuses you on your decision..lol.
Old 14th June 2010, 01:52   #12

I have heard so much about these guys, does anyone have pictures of the shop to make this thread better?
Old 14th June 2010, 01:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I got my Sparkys alloys from him , my friends ANHC alloys and another ones for Safari from him. These brothers are extremely courteous , patient and warm when it comes to attending retail customers like us.

I can challenge that no one in north would have the collection that these guys have and the flip side is that with the kind of options that they have it further confuses you on your decision..lol.
A common complaint against Sai Mag but in lighter vein.

Patience, I'm alone enough to test someone's patience and Gautam always answers my queries. Last time I made him wait after his office hours, had a good session gaining knowledge, decided a few alloy wheel options and left. Later postponed my purchase decision but in the meanwhile Gautam emailed me the pics of the concerned design and finish on the car I was looking for.

I suggested him certain changes to their website and was surprised that they entertained it, the main one being adding more pics for gallery showcasing different finishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I have heard so much about these guys, does anyone have pictures of the shop to make this thread better?
Cyrus, check this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ag-wheels.html

I hope next line you'll say is, "Enough, I need to visit them now." I simply owe a treat to BHPian Notorious for introducing Sai Mag to BHPians, his visit made this thread which eventually got me the best possible design and finish for my car. I've never seen another car with the same finish in the design I've (H 373).

They've come up with new means to tacke fake HR Alloys, an excerpt from his email
Quote:
- Most of the new moulds of Hijoin alloy wheels will have HRS embossed on the face of the alloy wheel.
- We have introduced new packaging with new improved (engraved) HRS caps.
- All HRS alloy wheels have a HRS ( Taiwan) badge on alloy wheel.
- HRS alloy wheel will include air nozzle with "H" on it
I'm attaching the pic for the reference of the members. Fake HR alloys are common all over India, not limited to Delhi or Punjab as I remember cases from Bangalore and another city in South, where BHPians bought fake HR's with Silver HR Stickers and one of them got them replaced later on. Moreover, on the inner area of the hub the design number is mentioned near the bolt holes and this is also another mark of a genuine product if the design number matches.
Attached Thumbnails
Alloy Wheels - Sai Mag Wheels (Rama Road Industrial Area)-hrs.jpg  

Last edited by tsk13 : 14th June 2010 at 02:09.
Old 16th June 2010, 01:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SinghBHP, it's nice that you shared your views but in light of the purpose for which the Team BHP Directories have been created, I've narrated my experience, which I firmly believe represents the larger section of opinions.

Moreover, I think we're digressing from the topic. If you don't wish to call, it's your opinion but surely you're at a loss. I firmly stand by Sai Mag inspite of a negative opinion since I've encountered one of the most customer oriented dealers ever in my life. And before making a decision of not calling them, just pay them a visit and let us know. They might ask how you came across them and for me the answer was TBHP, this is a sure question as they've no advertisements and even their is no board outside their showroom cum warehouse.

Comparing Sai Mag with Skoda is no way justified, both negative concerns have different developments and one can't simply term them wrong since blackfire didn't interact with them in person which Sai Mag offered to. Even I was turned down quotation over the phone and requested to come over, which I did. There are few business rules which customers should understand, never expect Manufacturers or Distributors to be open to a stranger except in case of referrals by people known to them. Such communications can be way too negative for their business. Sai Mag being Wholesellers primarily have no obligation of whatsoever kind to entertain a retail customer as per his whims and fancies and when they do interact, my narration above is an answer to this.

People, before criticising any organisation or seller do think of your query from their point of view and what organization they're. Sai Mag can easily re-direct us to their re-sellers but they entertain us very well and such negative reviews based on events which go against their business practices and a general business practice amongst Manufacturers and Distributors surely are inappropriate and such bashing isn't ethical on customer's part. Please refrain from stereotyping, something very common nowadays where-in if one of tyres gets some problem due to customer's fault and company refuses to replace, the affected creates a post and malign the entire company. Such posts are irrelevant, harmful to the concerned organization and may render a BHPian inaccessible to amongst the best in the market.
Tanveer, I think nobody is trying to 'malign' the company, & I think Sai Mag wheels has been appreciated throughout for their excellent range of alloy wheels. And how is writing about one's experience (bad) 'irrelevant'. Just like a good experience adds to the forum, a bad experience also adds to it. And nobody is 'stereotyping', I think it would be better if it can be called 'sharing' of experiences & thoughts. You had put it very well in one of your previous posts about people having different perceptions/thoughts, & I think we can leave it at that.

As for being manufacturers & distributors, they have a well laid out shop, a website with a 'Contact Us' tab on it with phone numbers so that people can talk to them (not to ask their address for sure) & they sure are there to sell, not just to 're-sellers' but to individual customers like you & me. And you are right in saying that they have no obligation, but at the same time, they are not doing any favour by selling to an individual customer because that's also (if not primary) one of their ways of getting business. And exactly how does sharing the prices of an alloy wheel on phone be negative to their business, please share this management mantra with us. I understand they won't reveal the details, but who's asking them for those details. And hey this is not 'stereotyping'. Although I could have 'stereotyped' by saying that they don't think from customer's perspective, but nobody is saying that buddy. In fact, I would go to them for my Swift & Santro some time in the winters this year, becase they have a really good collection.

As an example, it's like a doctor. A doctor may not talk, behave the way you would approve of, but is good at his job. And you have every right to say that he does not talk right etc., but then you would probably still go to him as he is good at his job. Now if you or I say that the doctor should speak in a better way (according to our perceptions, or understanding), it's not 'maligning' or 'stereotyping', because we also know that he is good at his job.

But hey, it's again the same thing & only this, different people have different ways & Sai has a different way, which did not go down well with me or with 'SinghBHP'. Peace mate.

Regards.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 16th June 2010 at 01:11.
Old 16th June 2010, 01:20   #15
BHPian

@tsk13 : Peace man , I have nothing against Sai and I am not trying to malign or stereotype them. I am doing what this section is for and what this forum is for - Sharing what I feel about such practices. I will feel the same whether it is Sai or any other shop dealer. Since they have wonderful collection I am planning to go their shop irrespective of their "phone practice" and i will surely buy from them if I will like it. And even if I write my views on this Forum they will not change their business practices just for me or any other person. They are selling and people are liking their collection.
Sorry one more time mate if I hurted your feelings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks