Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2015, 14:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: DIY PICS : Fiat Punto Armrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Hi

No not just the bottle holder, but the entire console as marked in the pic.

Attachment 1362179

In other words the very first step of the DIY.
Yes that whole black thing including the glass holder is one piece. If you flip the whole thing then you will see the black plate is attached with some plastic tabs and that's all. So just tap it from top and it will come loose.
Old 20th April 2015, 15:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

That exactly is my question. How do I remove the whole thing?

How is the entire black thing held in place and how do I remove it? Does it just come out by pulling it up? I just want to make sure that I dont break anything in-advertantly.
Old 20th April 2015, 17:22   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That exactly is my question. How do I remove the whole thing?

How is the entire black thing held in place and how do I remove it? Does it just come out by pulling it up? I just want to make sure that I dont break anything in-advertantly.
Just see my instructions on page one. You will see how it is attached to the rest of the console.

Sorry I got your question wrong. I did not see the black mark in your picture. Now you know how to take the glass holder out but you are not sure about the whole big black part. You just pull the black part pulling it upwards, it is just attached with clips. But remove the hand brake sleeve before pulling the rest out.

Last edited by Randhawa : 20th April 2015 at 17:32.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 10:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Just see my instructions on page one. You will see how it is attached to the rest of the console.

Sorry I got your question wrong. I did not see the black mark in your picture. Now you know how to take the glass holder out but you are not sure about the whole big black part. You just pull the black part pulling it upwards, it is just attached with clips. But remove the hand brake sleeve before pulling the rest out.
Thanks. Let me try to pull it out then. I was wondering whether I need to use some screw driver to pry it out of the clips or something like that. Good that I did not attempt it else would have ended up damaging the plastic.

Thanks.
Old 26th May 2015, 00:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

The items have landed. Now all I need is some time to put my plans in motion.

DIY PICS : Fiat Punto Armrest-img20150526wa0002.jpg
Old 27th May 2015, 07:06   #51
Senior - BHPian

Mission accomplished only concern is that I feel its slightly higher than I would have liked.

DIY PICS : Fiat Punto Armrest-img20150526wa0018.jpg
Old 30th May 2015, 21:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mission accomplished only concern is that I feel its slightly higher than I would have liked.

Attachment 1375263

Height is perfect on this. You will get used to it soon. Any lower makes it uncomfortable as I have seen many armrest of other cars. The new one of linea which is small and lower is such an example
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 12:34   #53
Senior - BHPian

You are correct. That was not set at the lowest position hence felt a little high. Perfect now
Old 8th December 2015, 10:45   #54
Senior - BHPian

Got the Arm rest fitted on my Punto at the former Fiat workshop i.e Balaji Fiat Thane. The technician did a good job (under my constant supervision/glare). The arm rest is fitted without any play as of now hence no rattles. The technician has assured that there will be none. A few irritants though after fixing the arm rest - 1) Seat belt takes a longer time to wear since the arm rest in a way obstructs. 2) The vertical movement of the arm rest is too smooth.3) Opening the arm rest for storage takes an effort.

I will let the pics do the talking. Don't know why the arm rest looks beige in the pics when actually its grey.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY PICS : Fiat Punto Armrest-p_20151205_112851.jpg  

DIY PICS : Fiat Punto Armrest-p_20151205_112858.jpg  

DIY PICS : Fiat Punto Armrest-p_20151205_112912.jpg  

DIY PICS : Fiat Punto Armrest-p_20151205_112929.jpg  

DIY PICS : Fiat Punto Armrest-p_20151205_112938.jpg  

ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 18:45   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Finally, the armrest AC is not dummy anymore. The rear passengers can also be kept cool

BUT

I wouldn't call it a complete success! I do have some limitations. Why? Read on...
Hemanth, I have been thinking about getting the arm rest with AC vent fixed on my Linea Dynamic. Your post was helpful in getting my confidence high. I would like to quickly check with you if or I shouldn't have those issues with my Linea. Can you confirm please?

The other question I had is that 99rpm lists the arm rest (alone) at 5372 Rs. Should I check with Vecto or someone else for a lower price?
Old 9th December 2015, 09:03   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I would like to quickly check with you if or I shouldn't have those issues with my Linea. Can you confirm please?
Regarding the cutting of those tubes, you should not have that issue since those tubes match with the main HVAC unit of the Linea

However, I guess you still have to set the air flow direction to foot level, to get cool air from the arm rest air vent. I wouldn't call this an issue but I'll call it as a limitation.

Quote:
The other question I had is that 99rpm lists the arm rest (alone) at 5372 Rs. Should I check with Vecto or someone else for a lower price?
It will be the same in Vecto.
One thing to note is the arm rest price has increased over the years by a huge margin.
Back in 2011, I had paid 1100/- for the armrest alone; and in total, all the parts had costed me 3800/-
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 20:50   #57
BHPian

Bumping up this old thread.
Has anyone tried this on the new Punto Evo? Not sure if the ones mentioned this thread would fit. And Fiat A$$ were quoting obscene amounts when I asked about retrofitting facelifted Linea's armrest (around 22k AFAIK).
Old 25th February 2016, 17:51   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkiran View Post
Has anyone tried this on the new Punto Evo? Not sure if the ones mentioned this thread would fit. And Fiat A$$ were quoting obscene amounts when I asked about retrofitting facelifted Linea's armrest (around 22k AFAIK).
I do not know anyone who has done it on the Evo, but obviously, the armrest mentioned in this thread will not be a snug fit in the Evo.
You have to take it from the new Linea.

22K is insane! The guys in the A.S.S wouldn't have one bit of an idea, nor will they make an effort.
I would suggest, you check the differences between the Evo and the new Linea yourself.
Later you can get the parts from A.S.S and get it fixed by a FNG or just DIY!
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 08:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkiran View Post
Last time I enquired the Linea arm rest costed around 7K. The workshop had promised a perfect fit but heard quite a lot of negative feedback about the rattles which occur post installation. Factory fit cannot be matched by the workshop.

22K for an arm rest - its studded with jewels I guess.
Old 28th October 2016, 18:04   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Finally, the armrest AC is not dummy anymore. The rear passengers can also be kept cool
Great post Hemant!

I am thinking of biting the bullet despite the high cost of parts (Around Rs. 10k total on 99rpm for armrest + rear A/C mods). Before that I'd like to know a couple of things:
  1. How this is holding up?
  2. How good is the cooling in the rear?
  3. Would you suggest any changes in the joint area(CV rubber boot+zip ties)?
  4. You mentioned that Linea's hand-brake boot is needed but 99rpm shows pretty much same part number for both Punto and Linea. Can you confirm the part number for the Linea fabric type boot if you have it handy?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by puntOOs : 28th October 2016 at 18:12. Reason: Added another question.
puntOOs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks