Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2012, 15:31   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DIY : Great way to use a Sunday Part I - Carb Cleaning of Maruti 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
...there are no proper mechanic (even in my friends SS). They have a panic attack when they hear Carburetor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by techkarl View Post
Diagrams are appreciated.
Now that petrol prices are on fire, it's time to really clean up that carb and improve mileage, isn't it? So, as you requested, @techkarl, the diagrams are available on your own thread (which may well be merged into this one)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Quote:
The complete carburettor assembly and part numbers...
Attachment 931475
Attachment 931476
Attachment 931477

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 24th May 2012 at 15:32.
Old 24th May 2012, 16:31   #17
BANNED

Re: Maruti 800 ( 1991) Carburetor Diagram

Quote:
Thanks.
OT: Hi techkarl, I see you are from that most exotic island Malta - was recently there in connection with discussions with MITA. Have had to come there quite a few times and just loved the place.

Had noticed quite a few Maruti products - Omni, 800 etc and did wonder how they landed in the middle of the Mediterranean !! Looking forward to my next trip there and maybe meet someone who owns a Maruti in the middle of the Mediterranean too?

Last edited by VeyronSuperSprt : 24th May 2012 at 16:52.
Old 24th May 2012, 21:05   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
OT: Hi techkarl, I see you are from that most exotic island Malta - was recently there in connection with discussions with MITA. Have had to come there quite a few times and just loved the place.

Had noticed quite a few Maruti products - Omni, 800 etc and did wonder how they landed in the middle of the Mediterranean !! Looking forward to my next trip there and maybe meet someone who owns a Maruti in the middle of the Mediterranean too?
Yes in Malta we do have a lot of maruti, it was only after we joined the EU that Maruti was no longer imported.

I have just closed my carb after arranging a clogged throttle valve but my problem related to idling problem remained.

Is the large throttle valve related to idling ? How should this valve be set. I am a technician and not a mechanic

Next week i will go to my mechanic for a full carb cleaner as without the required settings sheet i cannot do it myself.
Old 24th May 2012, 22:37   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...my problem related to idling problem remained.
Could you please describe what sort of idling problem you are facing?
Erratic/fluctuating idling?
Idling too fast/too slow?
Won't idle with AC on/when engine cold/when engine hot?
Anything else?
Old 25th May 2012, 00:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes in Malta we do have a lot of maruti, it was only after we joined the EU that Maruti was no longer imported.

I have just closed my carb after arranging a clogged throttle valve but my problem related to idling problem remained.

Is the large throttle valve related to idling ? How should this valve be set. I am a technician and not a mechanic

Next week i will go to my mechanic for a full carb cleaner as without the required settings sheet i cannot do it myself.
sorry buddy! will send you the manual today. was very busy with work.

ALso please create a thread for your problem. you might get good help from lot of experts here.
Old 25th May 2012, 03:25   #21

Quote:
sorry buddy! will send you the manual today. was very busy with work.

ALso please create a thread for your problem. you might get good help from lot of experts here.
Please let me know after you send the manual so that i check if everything is ok.

Quote:
Could you please describe what sort of idling problem you are facing?
Erratic/fluctuating idling?
Idling too fast/too slow?
Won't idle with AC on/when engine cold/when engine hot?
Anything else?
My engine won't idle neither with hot or with cold engine. It can only remain running by pulling the choke.

I have noticed that the depresion chamber is never moving the connected throttle valve. When should this valve work ?
Old 25th May 2012, 03:46   #22

Quote:
The complete carburettor assembly and part numbers...

Thanks for the diagram. What is the easiest way to remove the four nuts holding the carburetor with the engine? Spanners are so restricted.
Old 25th May 2012, 06:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please let me know after you send the manual so that i check if everything is ok.

My engine won't idle neither with hot or with cold engine. It can only remain running by pulling the choke.

I have noticed that the depresion chamber is never moving the connected throttle valve. When should this valve work ?
Here you go
Suzuki_Hatch_Alto_F8B_Service_Manual.pdf - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Please check the solenoid connector for idling issue. it should click when you put on and off the key.
Why i am saying this is that the solenoid connector and extra A/c pump connector are same. so you might get confused among two.

Quote:
Thanks for the diagram. What is the easiest way to remove the four nuts holding the carburetor with the engine? Spanners are so restricted.
13/14 open spanner will do. you have to do it in steps.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 09:54   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DIY : Great way to use a Sunday Part I - Carb Cleaning of Maruti 800

Quote:
Idling fuel circuit issue, or your carb has a worn out throttle plate hinge. Is the idle jet clean? Is the main throttle loose on its hinge?
Quote:
You mean the secondary (smaller) throttle valve? That would only move with airflow after the primary throttle is at least 80-85% open.
Old 25th May 2012, 10:39   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Try this: Remove the volume control screw and the idle jet, insert a small rubber tube near the idle jet / volume control aperture and blow/ force feed air into that tube. This should clear the idle circuit. Also check if your idle jet is blocked.

Also, the idling would not be proper if the spark plugs were clogged or needed to be replaced. So you could check that out too.

Maruti, in this model, also recommends using the choke to help maintain a good idling speed until the engine attains normal working temperature so using the choke until the engine warms up is okay.

Quote:
It looks like you are referring to the secondary valve which as said opens only after the primary valve is at least 80% open. This also has a tendency to get stuck if it has not been used by driving at higher engine rpm occasionally.

Incidentally, the aqueducts in Birkirkara (your hometown) are a great sight to behold!

Last edited by VeyronSuperSprt : 25th May 2012 at 10:41.
Old 25th May 2012, 11:31   #26

Quote:
Here you go
Suzuki_Hatch_Alto_F8B_Service_Manual.pdf - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Please check the solenoid connector for idling issue. it should click when you put on and off the key.
Why i am saying this is that the solenoid connector and extra A/c pump connector are same. so you might get confused among two.

13/14 open spanner will do. you have to do it in steps.
Thanks for this manual, unfortunately my carburetor is mikuni not solex. It seems that even the shape of my maruti 800 ( 1991) is not the same.
Old 25th May 2012, 13:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this manual, unfortunately my carburetor is mikuni not solex. It seems that even the shape of my maruti 800 ( 1991) is not the same.
bro! it does not matter, mine is mikuni-ucal too. Every Indian model is with mikuni/ucal. But the tuning principle is same.
Old 26th May 2012, 18:53   #28

Quote:
bro! it does not matter, mine is mikuni-ucal too. Every Indian model is with mikuni/ucal. But the tuning principle is same.
I know the principle iss the same but i need the exact diagrams so that i can compare and see were the air and fuel passages are and what is blocket . Thanks
Old 27th May 2012, 05:31   #29

Quote:
Please send me a maruti 1991 mikuni carburetor diagram. Thanks
Old 27th May 2012, 14:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please send me a maruti 1991 mikuni carburetor diagram. Thanks
Sorry! I don't have it. I used this manual only as a reference to everything.

PS:I am also searching for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks