Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2014, 10:45   #61
BHPian

Re: VW Polo DIY: OEM front armrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
That sounds a bit on the higher side. Did you contact JJ Motorwerks? I recall spotting a lower price few months back.
Yeah. But they have reduced the price by almost close to 3k as per the previous quote. I contacted JJM, their quote was 9450/-. Even though the price was on the lower side, i some how decided to buy from vagtune itself. I hope that i had a false feeling that vagtune is the only shop that sells genuine accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I don't recommend Vagtune for things like armrest. He is importing from the same sources in Aliexpress, but keeps a margin for himself.
I didn't think much when i saw his price quote. Mistakes do happen once, but will never repeat the same again. He keeps a margin for himself and for some unexpected accessories it is way too high.
Old 31st December 2014, 12:07   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post

I didn't think much when i saw his price quote. Mistakes do happen once, but will never repeat the same again. He keeps a margin for himself and for some unexpected accessories it is way too high.
The only thing worth buying from Vagtune is the RCD 510 that requires some technical know how to install. If you buy handrest and similar items from Vagtune hopefully you will get quick resolution for issues like broken or missing parts which often happen in Aliexpress shipments.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 19:33   #63
BHPian

Installed new arm rest today. Please check out this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ighline-2.html
Old 1st January 2015, 20:55   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
Installed new arm rest today. Please check out this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ighline-2.html
I have been in two minds for a long time whether to install the armrest or not? Do you think that the black armrest will gel with beige seats of Polo? Saw the pictures, still not able to make a decision.Does it really provide enough support for your arm?
Old 1st January 2015, 21:24   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I have been in two minds for a long time whether to install the armrest or not? Do you think that the black armrest will gel with beige seats of Polo? Saw the pictures, still not able to make a decision.Does it really provide enough support for your arm?
I don't have any thoughts about the colour combo because the black arm rest gels well with the remaining part of the handbrake cover. If you want, you can change the cloth lining of the arm rest to beige. The arm rest really gives enough support. I drove with the arm rest in this position for around 100km today. Its really an useful upgrade. Also it has 3 level selection too. I would suggest you to go ahead with the upgrade. It also gives an added premium feel to the car.
Old 12th January 2015, 12:42   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you think that the black armrest will gel with beige seats of Polo?
You can have the rest-pad reupholstered. I did it on mine which had come with the grey shaded PU fabric when I had changed the upholstery of the car:

VW Polo DIY: OEM front armrest-img_9279.jpg

VW Polo DIY: OEM front armrest-img_9260.jpg

The rest-pad comes off at the hinges.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 12:50   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can have the rest-pad reupholstered. I did it on mine which had come with the grey shaded PU fabric when I had changed the upholstery of the car:

Attachment 1327228

Attachment 1327229

The rest-pad comes off at the hinges.
Gannu, the modification looks superb. BTW where did you get the seat covers done? Is it leather or PU?
Old 12th January 2015, 13:30   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Gannu, the modification looks superb. BTW where did you get the seat covers done? Is it leather or PU?
Thanks. This is PU. Got it done from a local upholstery shop at Palakkad when I had driven down during September last year.

The shade is a pain to maintain though. Gets soiled very quickly and requires periodic cleaning. Cleaned it yesterday from 3M Car Care. If you intend to change the upholstery, opt for a darker shade.
Old 12th January 2015, 13:35   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. This is PU. Got it done from a local upholstery shop at Palakkad when I had driven down during September last year.

The shade is a pain to maintain though. Gets soiled very quickly and requires periodic cleaning. Cleaned it yesterday from 3M Car Care. If you intend to change the upholstery, opt for a darker shade.
Where in Palakkad is this shop? The fabric upholstery in my car is showing age and it is getting extremely difficult to maintain it stain free. For ethical reason I don't prefer leather. So looking for some PU options. How is the fitting and stitching? Is this done after removing the stock fabric?

I don't prefer dark colors. The color you have chosen looks really nice. I am sure it will be easier to maintain than fabric seats in Polo.

Last edited by poloman : 12th January 2015 at 13:37.
Old 17th April 2015, 09:42   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Do you know if the GTI spec armrest fits the Indian Polo?
Old 17th April 2015, 09:43   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
Do you know if the GTI spec armrest fits the Indian Polo?
It does. That's the one with the cup holder at the rear and the felt lining inside the armrest pad. There are several folks who've installed it as well.
Old 17th April 2015, 09:50   #72
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2015 at 12:29.
Old 22nd April 2015, 14:26   #73

I intend to install the armrest in my Polo Highline
Can anybody recommend the best place to get it? Online or otherwise, I want to get the best deal possible.
I stay in Dwarka, New Delhi.
Old 2nd May 2015, 20:48   #74
BHPian

Could someone help in letting me know a place to get this done in Bombay.
Old 3rd May 2015, 15:12   #75
BHPian

Installed this today with the help of a friend. It is a little short for me but it is ok. Also, there's a plasticky sound when I put my arm on the armrest. Wonder why/where this is coming from. Otherwise, it is a good fit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks