Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2015, 00:16   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo DIY: OEM front armrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
Thanks for the link frank.

After your post, I bit the bullet and ordered this one http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...896319688.html Costed me close to 6.4k with Fedex IP. I think I will end up paying around 1-1.5k on Customs as well.

Please do update your installation experience either here on your ownership review.

Fingers crossed

Edit: My first post as a BHPian
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
Guys, I strongly feel you will not be able to install it as easily as shown in that post. You cannot lift that section to slide in the armrest base underneath it without bending/breaking it. At least, not in the manual version. The post appears to be for an automatic so it might work as shown for you guys but I'm doubtful.

Please let me know how both of your installs went. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Thanks Gannu for the step by step instructions. Thanks to your thread and the huge list of DIY's you have done on your car, I am joining the DIY bandwagon as well.

Have ordered the armrest from the same link that most of the fellow Polo owners have ordered. Have paid $95 for the item including FedEx shipping. Will update once I receive the armrest and finish the install.

Frank, thanks a lot for the link. The confidence level went up after seeing this. BTW, I am closely following your thread for the many mods you have done on your GT TSi. You are more of an engineer than a doctor!!
Got the OE armrest fitted today. Trust me, guys, this thing took less than 10 minutes to install and is SO amazingly comfortable and practical, and also has
storage inside. I am stoked by it's presence, and I recommend it to everyone! Impeccable quality, and so well integrated.

BY THE WAY, the FB link just worked. The GTI install is just a 10 minute install with this installation link!
VW Polo DIY: OEM front armrest-20151009_221950.jpg

VW Polo DIY: OEM front armrest-20151009_222011.jpg

VW Polo DIY: OEM front armrest-20151009_222032.jpg

VW Polo DIY: OEM front armrest-20151009_222043.jpg

VW Polo DIY: OEM front armrest-20151009_222110.jpg
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 01:31   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Got the OE armrest fitted today. Trust me, guys, this thing took less than 10 minutes to install and is SO amazingly comfortable and practical, and also has
storage inside. I am stoked by it's presence, and I recommend it to everyone! Impeccable quality, and so well integrated.

BY THE WAY, the FB link just worked. The GTI install is just a 10 minute install with this installation link!
Did that section lift up easily or did you have to force it a little bit?
Old 10th October 2015, 01:32   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
Did that section lift up easily or did you have to force it a little bit?
Easy as pie. Even a child could lift it.
Old 10th October 2015, 01:35   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Easy as pie. Even a child could lift it.
Can you please post a pic of that entire section? I would like to see if it is different from a Polo with a manual gearbox.
Old 10th October 2015, 09:58   #95
Senior - BHPian

Images from Facebook since I didn't capture my installation on Camera.
VW Polo DIY: OEM front armrest-1149582_552300564837283_762511770_o.jpg

VW Polo DIY: OEM front armrest-1277423_552300561503950_939782306_o.jpg
Old 10th October 2015, 10:29   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Images from Facebook since I didn't capture my installation on Camera.
I meant a pic of the entire section from the front cupholders to the back armrest base. Preferably a side view of the section from the front seat. It doesn't matter that the armrest is already installed.

In the meantime I will check the official TSI review thread for a pic with this view.
Old 20th June 2016, 11:27   #97
BHPian

My apologies for resurrecting an old thread; but can anyone here tell me if the OEM armrest from the Vento be installed in a Polo?

I asked two dealers - one said it's possible and that they would order it and install it themselves, and the other said it's not possible since the Vento centre console has a rear AC vent and therefore it cannot be installed in a Polo.

Gannu? Anyone?

Thanks and cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 12:04   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
My apologies for resurrecting an old thread; but can anyone here tell me if the OEM armrest from the Vento be installed in a Polo?

I asked two dealers - one said it's possible and that they would order it and install it themselves, and the other said it's not possible since the Vento centre console has a rear AC vent and therefore it cannot be installed in a Polo.

Gannu? Anyone?

Thanks and cheers
It can be installed in the Vento. The Russian Polo Sedan does not come with the armrest with rear vents and they have installed the ones sold by the Chinese OEM vendors.
Old 20th June 2016, 21:11   #99
BHPian

Hi Gannu, I think you misunderstood. Tilt wants to install the Indian Vento armrest into a Polo. He is wondering if it is possible because it has an AC vent.
Old 16th September 2016, 21:38   #100
BHPian

Forgive my ignorance but is the armrest that is available on eBay India in the Rs 700-900 price range(specifically mentions that it is for GT TSI) unfit to be considered?

If so, I too will order from Alibaba if it is that good as compared to the ones available in India(also available in accessory shops here at about the same price).
Old 19th September 2016, 23:02   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrodie View Post
Forgive my ignorance but is the armrest that is available on eBay India in the Rs 700-900 price range(specifically mentions that it is for GT TSI) unfit to be considered?

If so, I too will order from Alibaba if it is that good as compared to the ones available in India(also available in accessory shops here at about the same price).
Yes, those look horrible. And the shape looks like it will interfere with the handbrake. I believe Gannu was using a similar one initially and it damaged his handbrake.

Please go for the proper OEM one. The quality is incredible and it feels very premium.
bowser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 13:38   #102
BHPian

Gannu, I have sent you a PM. Could you maybe please have a look?

Thanks and cheers
Old 21st September 2016, 22:21   #103
BHPian

Does anyone have any solutions to have some cushioning on the door pad? I bought a Vento recently and though is a soft plastic, I would have preferred a cushioned door past or at least the portion where the elbow rest on those long drives.
Old 25th September 2016, 01:56   #104

Even i have the same question as nagarjun. How to give some padding at the door arm rest area? Atleast VW should have provided minimum padding in the Polo/Vento instead of the hard plastic which hurts while resting ones arm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks