Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2016, 19:53   #61
BHPian

Re: DIY: VW Polo Bi-Xenon Projectors. Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Installation

Hi Graaja,

I was in a similar dilemma while ordering range control motors. Then I asked my service advisor at vw chandigarh service center for the part no.
The part no. for headlight range control motors is 3B0941295B.
I have ordered the headlight range control motors from the following link:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...467893222.html
sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 20:23   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Hi Graaja,

I was in a similar dilemma while ordering range control motors. Then I asked my service advisor at vw chandigarh service center for the part no.
The part no. for headlight range control motors is 3B0941295B.
I have ordered the headlight range control motors from the following link:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...467893222.html
Thanks for the link sunilsoft. I have a few questions.

The part number of the AliExpress part is 4B0941295. Is this equivalent part number for 3B0941295B? Did you do any cross checks before ordering? Also, the price is 25$ per motor. Did you order two of them for $50?
Old 27th March 2016, 20:28   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

The part number of the AliExpress part is 4B0941295. Is this equivalent part number for 3B0941295B? Did you do any cross checks before ordering? Also, the price is 25$ per motor. Did you order two of them for $50?
Yes I have cross checked and the part is equivalent. I have asked the service advisor to confirm, he replied in affirmative. I even asked the seller he also confirmed the same. I ordered them for 66$ inclusive of DHL shipping which was 30$. So I paid 18$ for a motor.

Now I require terminal connectors to the motors otherwise I have solder them.

You can do one thing I will be getting the package on Wednesday and I would send the pictures.

Last edited by sunilsoft : 27th March 2016 at 20:35.
Old 27th March 2016, 20:40   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes I have cross checked and the part is equivalent. I have asked the service advisor to confirm, he replied in affirmative. I even asked the seller he also confirmed the same. I ordered them for 66$ inclusive of DHL shipping which was 30$. So I paid 18$ for a motor.

Now I require terminal connectors to the motors otherwise I have solder them.

You can do one thing I will be getting the package on Wednesday and I would send the pictures.
Thanks. I will wait till Wednesday for feedback from you.

I think we need the mating connector for proper wiring. I will write to the vendor and ask if there is a part number for the connector.

One last question. I see $49 for DHL shipping and 25$ for the part. Did you negotiate with vendor for better price or was the price low when you ordered?
Old 27th March 2016, 20:44   #65
BHPian

Yes I did negotiate but the vendor said that he didn't had wiring. The connector is a 3 pin connector.
I have attached the compatibility chart for range control motors.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: VW Polo Bi-Xenon Projectors. Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Installation-screen-shot-20160327-8.41.29-pm.png  

Old 27th March 2016, 21:03   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes I did negotiate but the vendor said that he didn't had wiring. The connector is a 3 pin connector.
I have attached the compatibility chart for range control motors.
Thanks a lot for all the information. I will wait for your feedback once you receive the motors and then place the order.
Old 27th March 2016, 21:13   #67
BHPian

One small silly question, why do you need this range controller motor. As I think we do have level controller ( 0 1 2 ) and we also got screw set to align?
Old 27th March 2016, 21:50   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
One small silly question, why do you need this range controller motor. As I think we do have level controller ( 0 1 2 ) and we also got screw set to align?
In my case, my original headlights are double barrel ones (facelift version), with in built leveling motors. I got the previous generation headlight assemblies (single barrel ones) and fit the projectors to these. Because of this I do not have headlight leveling function now.

Though I have aligned the lights with the aligning screws, when there are passengers in the rear seat, the headlights point up glaring oncoming traffic. So, I am planning to fix headlight leveling motors and make headlight leveling functional.
Old 2nd April 2016, 22:03   #69
BHPian

Hello Graaja,
The latest update is that I have received range control motors from aliexpress. Today I went to vw chandigarh workshop to get the connector. The connector part no. is 1J0973723. I checked this on a vw vento whose headlight were removed. I asked my service advisor to help me attach the motor to check and he obliged.
The range control motors are perfect and you can go ahead and order using the part no. mentioned in the previous post.
Only problem is they didn't had the connector in stock. They are saying that it would take 15 days to arrive. So I am thinking of buying it from aliexpress.
Link for buying connector: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-9...6-ae859668e5a0
Few pictures of the range control motors and connector
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: VW Polo Bi-Xenon Projectors. Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Installation-img_1791.jpg  

DIY: VW Polo Bi-Xenon Projectors. Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Installation-screen-shot-20160402-10.00.31-pm.png  

Last edited by sunilsoft : 2nd April 2016 at 22:08.
Old 3rd April 2016, 07:56   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello Graaja,
The latest update is that I have received range control motors from aliexpress. Today I went to vw chandigarh workshop to get the connector. The connector part no. is 1J0973723. I checked this on a vw vento whose headlight were removed. I asked my service advisor to help me attach the motor to check and he obliged.
The range control motors are perfect and you can go ahead and order using the part no. mentioned in the previous post.
Only problem is they didn't had the connector in stock. They are saying that it would take 15 days to arrive. So I am thinking of buying it from aliexpress.
Link for buying connector: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-9...6-ae859668e5a0
Hi, Thanks a lot for the update. I have decided to order these motors and connectors from AliExpress. Right now, the cost for two motors through FedEx is working out to be $89 (DHL is working out to be $99). I have written to the vendor and asked him if he would give me the same offer he gave you and ship them for $66. Hope he gives at least some discount.

For the connectors, I found another listing in AliExpress that does not come with the wires, but has 5 such connectors. I am thinking of ordering these and crimping wires, and keeping the rest as spare parts for future use.

Headlight Motor Connectors
Old 3rd April 2016, 18:41   #71
BHPian

Hi Gannu,
Am new here and I replaced my GT TSI 2015 model headlamps with Eagle Eyes from Lumen systems. While replacing, i found a female connector lying unused and it was tied to headlamp connector wiring only on driver side. I searched for a place where it could connect, but i couldn't find. But it had rubber seals blocking the holes. Is it a dummy connector?? Please help as i don't want any safety related electronics disconnected.
Attached the pics below with connector part number. Its a 2015 model GT TSI with dual barrel headlamps.

DIY: VW Polo Bi-Xenon Projectors. Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Installation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459689047.057741.jpg
DIY: VW Polo Bi-Xenon Projectors. Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Installation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459689063.663671.jpg
Old 4th April 2016, 09:31   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello Graaja,

If the dealer can source the connector in 15 days wouldn't that be better? Normal shipping in AliExpress could take upto a month to arrive (sometimes even more). I have already placed the order for the motors, and need to order the connector. The only issue I am facing is the motors would arrive in a week, but the connectors would take more than a month
Old 29th April 2016, 17:14   #73
Team-BHP Support

Hi Gannu,

Need some inputs on headlight leveling motors. How do manual alignment of the beams and the range adjustment of the motors go together? Do you first fix the range motors to the headlights and then do manual alignment of the beams using the hex nuts? Can you share some information on how you aligned your headlights after fixing the range motors?

Quote:
Hello Graaja,
The latest update is that I have received range control motors from aliexpress.
Hi, Have you installed the motors? I had received the motors a couple of weeks back and just now received the connectors. I am planning to install it this or next week end. For this I am looking for connection details and procedure to adjust once the motors are fixed.

If you have completed the installation can you provide some details?

Last edited by graaja : 29th April 2016 at 17:26.
Old 13th May 2016, 10:43   #74
BHPian

Hi gannu,
Can you suggest me a place to mount Morimoto ballast on GT TSI? I tried searching for the location where you mounted,but couldn't find it. And mine comes with 8 point mounting bracket(pic attached). Is it possible to stick anywhere below the headlight or on the side of the headlight? Please suggest a place for both the driver and passenger side ballast. Thanks

DIY: VW Polo Bi-Xenon Projectors. Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Installation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1463116410.641037.jpg
Old 13th August 2016, 17:52   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
While replacing, i found a female connector lying unused and it was tied to headlamp connector wiring only on driver side.
Hi sid93,

This most likely is the same connector that I used to connect second horn in my car. VW has provided wiring for the second horn and covered that with this plug. You may be able to use this to connect additional horn. I have posted more details about this here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4020801

Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks