Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2015, 09:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: DIY: Maruti Suzuki Swift Bi-Xenon Projectors. Morimoto FX-R 3.0 Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Thread moved out from the Assembly Line section.

Awesome work Shashank! And the results speak for themselves. The horizontal alignment seems a wee bit off but you can always correct it at your leisure. You have logged all the steps painstakingly. Thank you so much! Rating the thread a well deserved 5 stars.
Thank you Gannu! The light output is totally worth the effort.Yes, the alignment needs some fine tuning,I left it as it is since I was quite tired that day. In the Swift one has to get the bumper off everytime any adjustment is needed,so will have to keep aside a day for it.
Old 23rd June 2015, 10:39   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DIY: Maruti Suzuki Swift Bi-Xenon Projectors. Morimoto FX-R 3.0 Installation

That is pretty nifty, and such a neat job!!

Youve inspired me to take another shot at my lights.
M-seal, why I didnt think of it?
My projectors start bouncing around after a few days. But then again, theyre cheap chinese ones.

What bulbs do these take, H4s? And are the HIDs interchangeable with Halogens?
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 10:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
That is pretty nifty, and such a neat job!!

Youve inspired me to take another shot at my lights.
Thank you Its not as complicated as it appears to be,just needs patience and good research prior to commencing the work.

Quote:
My projectors start bouncing around after a few days. But then again, theyre cheap chinese ones.

What bulbs do these take, H4s? And are the HIDs interchangeable with Halogens?
If there are vibrations or if the alignment goes for a toss after every drive,based on what I've learn't it can be two reasons:

Not enough glue (or in case of mini d2s type,the bolt/nut isn't holding up well)
or
Adjustment screws are maxed out, and the additional weight of projectors compared to a H4 bulb (more relevant for Fx-R since with glue its quite heavy) is creating issues.

or both.

These take the more popular D2S bulbs. I remember reading something on how halogen projectors are different compared to HID projectors,so may not be advisable to swap bulbs if its the main beam.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 23rd June 2015 at 10:55.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks