Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2015, 11:22   #16
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio DIY: Felt-lined Glovebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyaneesh View Post
I suspect the spring or lock assembly is the culprit in my case and i am tired of explaining this to the service guys. Do you have any remedy to get this sorted?
I have never had a rattling problem with the glovebox just with the items inside it clanking around inside. When I removed the glovebox, I noticed that the construction was very good with rubber grommets on the two edges that touch the main dashboard to prevent such rattles that you seem to be experiencing.

When you remove the glovebox, just tighten the retaining screws of the lock mechanism and it should sort out the problem. If it still persists ask Honda to replace the unit.

Another area of rattling in the Brio is from the right dashboard area above the meter console which can be quite an irritant as well. You can solve that by packing in some high density foam from underneath. I hope these tips help.
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 22:45   #17

Thank you Sir for the quick response. I noticed today that the glove box is not locking properly. I'll try to fix it by myself as mentioned by you rather than going to the ASC again. If not fruitful, I'll get it replaced in my next visit.

Our Brio is my wife's daily commute. It's an AT and I rarely use it. AFAIK, She never complained about any noises from the dashboard area. May be she didn't notice because of the music volume she got used to. Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll check it by myself over this weekend.
Old 9th July 2015, 11:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
The Brio comes with a fairly large and usable glove compartment and over the past few years I've owned this car, I've always enjoyed the quiet interior only to be let down by a few clanks and rattles from contents (coins, AUX-in cables, pens) stored in the glove compartment when the car is driven over some non-existent patches that make up Bangalore's roads.
This is a great mod GPA. This can actually be done for the door pockets as well.

We had lots of rattling noise from the door pockets of our Ikon due to loose parts. My dad usually carries Glass bottles for water inserted into old socks to avoid the noise and damage to the bottle. Seing this I had pasted a cotton cloth on our old Ikon's glove box and door pockets as well.It did solve the purpose till the car was with us.

But compared to your work mine was shoddy. Youve done it perfectly.
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 12:08   #19
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
This is a great mod GPA. This can actually be done for the door pockets as well.
Thanks, varunanb. I was thinking of the door pockets as well since mine is the first release of the Brio which has the door panels visible, but then since mine is a white car, they don't show up as badly as they would on perhaps a red or black Brio. Also, the reason I didn't attempt the mod, is that I'd like to match the door pad color of the Brio which is beige and hence beige felt in a place such as the door bottle holders is notoriously difficult to maintain.
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 15:14   #20
BHPian

Thanks for the DIY procedure. Great thought!!

How much time did this procedure take you?

Will also try this procedure to put the felt lining in the glove compartment of my car as it gives a neat and clean image.

Cheers

Last edited by embee : 10th July 2015 at 15:21.
Old 10th July 2015, 16:16   #21
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Thanks for the DIY procedure. How much time did this procedure take you?
Quote:
Took me about two hours in all from start to finish.
Just re-posting my earlier post.
Old 12th January 2016, 12:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I have never had a rattling problem with the glovebox just with the items inside it clanking around inside. When I removed the glovebox, I noticed that the construction was very good with rubber grommets on the two edges that touch the main dashboard to prevent such rattles that you seem to be experiencing.

When you remove the glovebox, just tighten the retaining screws of the lock mechanism and it should sort out the problem. If it still persists ask Honda to replace the unit.

Another area of rattling in the Brio is from the right dashboard area above the meter console which can be quite an irritant as well. You can solve that by packing in some high density foam from underneath. I hope these tips help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyaneesh View Post
Thanks gpa for the detailed post. Glove box of our brio has got this trouble of rattling since long time. The car came back from the service recently and i think the issue still persists. Will try this DIY over the weekend.

Also, i suspect the spring or lock assembly is the culprit in my case and i am tired of explaining this to the service guys. Do you have any remedy to get this sorted?
The common dashboard rattle sound is actually from the catalytic converter heat shield. I have resolved this issue.

When you open the bonnet you will see the the heat shield behind the engine, below the firewall, just put your arm down there and bend the shield slightly away from the firewall.

You will never hear the rattle again!
Old 18th June 2016, 16:02   #23
BHPian

Did the same with my Honda Amaze glove box. And as someone suggested added a small pen holder as well as a small pouch to keep small items handy.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio DIY: Felt-lined Glovebox-img_20160618_141216785_hdr.jpg  

noelnelly is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks