Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2015, 15:35   #16
BHPian

Re: DIY: Adding a Cabin Air Filter to the Honda Brio / Amaze / Mobilio

Couple of weeks back, I accidentally stumbled upon a listing of cabin filter for Honda Civic on Amazon and did a research on Youtube on how to replace it. Placed the order quickly and fixed it. As mentioned, it is a direct fit and takes less than 5 mins to fix them.
aa_asif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 06:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
But somehow I wonder why these big manufactures like HONDA in this case, miss-out on such simple things? Is it so much hard for them to accommodate cabin filter in their manufacturing process? How can they miss the cabin filter even after allotting the dedicated space?
They don’t forget to add the filter. They purposely leave it out to save a few bucks.

Indian cars go through a lot of cost cutting compared to their international variants and almost all manufacturers leave out things like cabin air filter, rear washer/ wiper, driver arm rest and centre console, safety equipment like AirBags, ABS , etc.
torque!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 22:07   #18
BHPian

Hello sir, thanks a lot for the DIY. It is simple, but effective. My Grandpa got a Honda Mobilio S i-VTEC about 6 months ago. I was under the impression that it comes with an OEM cabin filter until I read this thread. After reading this thread, I started noticing that there is a lot of dust in the car and the car stinks. This will be a welcome addition to the car, but I have one question. Can I get this air filter online? I tried asking some accessories shops here in Trivandrum but nobody had it. Any information on this will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Adhi
Old 30th November 2015, 12:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan's Valet View Post
Hello sir, thanks a lot for the DIY. It is simple, but effective. My Grandpa got a Honda Mobilio S i-VTEC about 6 months ago. I was under the impression that it comes with an OEM cabin filter until I read this thread. After reading this thread, I started noticing that there is a lot of dust in the car and the car stinks. This will be a welcome addition to the car, but I have one question. Can I get this air filter online? I tried asking some accessories shops here in Trivandrum but nobody had it. Any information on this will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Adhi
Hi, In Chandigarh the filter is available at the bosch service centre. Maybe you can locate one in your city and they can help.
They have a tie up through bosch and can procure all parts from respective dealers also if required.
risham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 16:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

-Adhi
I'll do one thing, I'll give you the dimensions of the filter. I'm guessing that will make the task of hunting it down easier.
noelnelly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 15:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Can I get this air filter online?
You can get it from here, http://www.partsbigboss.in/cabin-fil...ity-type-3-zip
Whiplash7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 20:14   #22
BHPian

Dear OP,

First of all, Thank you for the DIY!

My Brio is 8 months old and usually pass through lot of dusty places and thus the cabin filter is a must.

After seeing your post, I went to the Honda ASS (Peninsular Honda, Trivandrum) and asked them to try to fit in the filter of Honda City T3.

They said they will try. When I went back in the evening to collect my car, they told me that they tried fitting it but it was making a lot of noise (as the filter was not locked) and hence they removed it.

I said OK and went to the passenger side and disassembled the glove box as mentioned by you, in front of the service guy.

To my surprise and his embarressment, they hadn't even touched the place!

He then started to play around saying that if anything happens to blower, your warranty will be void etc.

I said OK, and decided in my mind that I will do it myself. "DIY"

My question.

1. Does cutting the box open and putting the cabin filter voids warranty?
2. Is the blower fan right below the space where you keep the filter, without any mesh/ protection to blower?
3. If yes, what are the chances that the filter will damage the blower fan?

Thanks,
Nish
rokindotnish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 02:49   #23
BHPian

DIY: Adding a Cabin Air Filter to the Honda Brio / Amaze / Mobilio

Hi All, just installed Bosch Cabin Filter onto my Brio. Thanks to this DIY, it was as smooth as butter.

DIY: Adding a Cabin Air Filter to the Honda Brio / Amaze / Mobilio-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456607692.634013.jpg
I taped it on the cut edges to make it air tight.
Attachment 1480936

This is the Bosch filter I bought
This is the same filter used for City and Jazz. DIY: Adding a Cabin Air Filter to the Honda Brio / Amaze / Mobilio-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456607798.935196.jpg
Note the Part number
DIY: Adding a Cabin Air Filter to the Honda Brio / Amaze / Mobilio-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456607833.669051.jpg

This filter has a range of 15k Kms or 1 year.
Cost is 2k.

Now I have peace of mind breathing clean air.

Thanks!
Nish

Last edited by rokindotnish : 28th February 2016 at 02:50.
rokindotnish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 16:42   #24
BHPian

I'm interested in this DIY to but had anybody felt any difference in the blower performance after installing the filter. I mean is the blower designed to work with the filter.
Whiplash7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 21:28   #25
BHPian

Hi, I felt no considerable difference in the blower performance. However, the air quality has improved drastically.

As someone mentioned in the thread, by installing the filter, we are saving on the cost of overhauling the blower/AC unit due to dust clogging.

I can't comment on the blower 's capacity under the filter load, but installing the filter gives you peace of mind!

After all, our health is much much valuer than blower, isn't it?
rokindotnish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 05:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

In my 2013 Camry the OEM filter has direction arrows pointing UP. If you take out the installed filter, the dirty side is at the top so that implies that the air is flowing from top to down. Hence, be sure about the air flow direction in the filter so that you don’t adversely impact the filtration efficiency and airflow inside the cabin.

I don’t understand why are the Indian manufacturers skipping cabin filters, the saving are not worth peoples health. In view of the rise in pollution I think people should start demanding cabin filters at least as an important accessory.
Old 11th March 2016, 09:24   #27
BHPian

What are the dimensions of the cabin filter in the Brio/Amaze/Mobilio?
Old 26th April 2016, 12:10   #28
BHPian

hi Rokindotnish,

the Bosch cabin filter you used was around 2K while the original DIY post says it is Rs.400 - what is the difference in the quality of cabin filter of Bosch vs. the one costing 400 bucks?
Old 26th April 2016, 13:36   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
hi Rokindotnish,

the Bosch cabin filter you used was around 2K while the original DIY post says it is Rs.400 - what is the difference in the quality of cabin filter of Bosch vs. the one costing 400 bucks?
The 2k one is the activated carbon filter which removes the foul odor from the air.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 09:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

I have just ordered two filters - one for my Brio and One for the Civic from Altech through Amazon for ₹695 each. I have an imported FRAM in the latter for about four years (about ₹2100). I wonder how many weeks will the Activated Charcoal in the expensive ones remain effective. I expect the filter to last for about two years at least. Remember in the City the change interval is two years. The Honda OE filters do not have the 'coal'.

During the recent service I got a call from the ASS who wanted to do a stage 1 service of the AC claiming the evaporator was choked. I told them to forget it, since they are silly not to provide any filters (sealed box) and then want to rob us. In any case without a filter there is no real point, airflow is still acceptable.

Last edited by sgiitk : 20th May 2016 at 09:25.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks