Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2017, 16:17   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: Polo GT TSi Install: OEM Bi-Xenons with BCM Max Upgrade EDIT: 6C RLS + Auto-dimming IRVM installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Great mods sir. Can't wait to see these in person soon!
Thanks a lot for your kind words!

Just one more week for the mystery to be unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Hey graaja,

First of all, nice detailed DIY thread. Neat installation there. I'm waiting for Auto levelling sensor installation guide, as me and my friend has installed OEM Bi-xenon headlight in his Jetta. But without levelling sensor, even though it's working fine but we want to make sure it's safe to use.

On the other hand I want to install RLS and Auto headlight switch on my Vento. Can you share links for the same?

And I want to know which wiper blades are you using? What's the cost? Performance.

Again heads up for this amazing thread. Keep it up.
Thank you for the kind words!

I have plans to do the automatic leveling for the BiXenons, but it may take a few months for me to take this up. There should be many DIY threads in Jetta forums in Europe on the automatic leveling (also known as AFS). You could search the net for such posts and take up the installation.

The way I have implemented automatic headlights and the rain light sensor involves upgrading the BCM and also the wiring. With the stock BCM and wiring it is not possible to do auto headlights. Instead you could implement the auto headlight function using the following retrofit from AliExpress. I had this earlier in my car and it worked very well. Below is an example.

Automatic Headlights Switch

I have documented this in my Polo GT TSi ownership thread in below post.

Automatic Headlights Controller Installation

I believe it is possible to add rain sensing wiper function with the existing BCM. For this, you will have to install the rain light sensor and connect the sensor to one of the BCM's pins, and enable the feature using VCDS coding. Not sure which pin in the stock BCM connects to the RLS.

You can find rain light sensor in AliExpress (search for "rain light sensor for Polo")

As the earlier Ventos/Polos did not come with rain light sensor, the windshield will not have the provision to fix the sensor. You will have to either stick the base to the windshield or replace the windshield. Below post from a Russian forum show how you can fix the base to the stock windshield.

https://www.drive2.ru/l/9309752/

Hope this helps.
Old 10th June 2017, 00:40   #47
BHPian

Re: Polo GT TSi Install: OEM Bi-Xenons with BCM Max Upgrade EDIT: 6C RLS + Auto-dimming IRVM install

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

I believe it is possible to add rain sensing wiper function with the existing BCM. For this, you will have to install the rain light sensor and connect the sensor to one of the BCM's pins, and enable the feature using VCDS coding. Not sure which pin in the stock BCM connects to the RLS.
Hi,

You can connect RLS to the following pins

T3 / 1 Power (permanent plus) of the fuse SB22
T3 / 2 Ground
T3 / 3 BCM T73b / 24

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 06:41   #48
Team-BHP Support

Re: Polo GT TSi Install: OEM Bi-Xenons with BCM Max Upgrade EDIT: 6C RLS + Auto-dimming IRVM install

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

You can connect RLS to the following pins

T3 / 1 Power (permanent plus) of the fuse SB22
T3 / 2 Ground
T3 / 3 BCM T73b / 24

Regards.
Hi, Thanks for the information. So, both 087 and 090 have the same BCM signal connection.

By the way, what is the status of your BCM upgrade? Have you completed the installation?
Old 10th June 2017, 12:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Thanks for the information. So, both 087 and 090 have the same BCM signal connection.
Hi graaja,

Yes, connection is same for both BCM. I have collected everything but need to take out sufficient time to complete this.

Regards.
Old 10th June 2017, 21:14   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi graaja,

Yes, connection is same for both BCM. I have collected everything but need to take out sufficient time to complete this.

Regards.
Wishing you all the best for a successful install of the new BCM
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 07:55   #51
BHPian

Graaja amazing DIY and very detailed explanation, thanks for posting this.

After reading this I am tempted to upgrade to bi xenon in my Octavia TDI which came with halogen headlights. Sometime back did a study and also checked with vagtune, later gave up due to cost and warranty issues. Your thread is a great inspiration now to restart it again.
B747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 11:38   #52
BHPian

Graaja,

Could you let me know the coding you have done for rls?
I have installed the rls sensor but unable to get it work.
Old 17th August 2017, 12:28   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Graaja,

Could you let me know the coding you have done for rls?
I have installed the rls sensor but unable to get it work.
I used code "0728DD" for the RLS.
Old 2nd September 2017, 00:18   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Wishing you all the best for a successful install of the new BCM
Hi,

I managed to complete installation of BCM max and auto headlight wiring this week. Here are few pictures that I captured after completing this task.

Auto headlight switch with dimmer

Polo GT TSi Install: OEM Bi-Xenons with BCM Max Upgrade EDIT: 6C RLS + Auto-dimming IRVM installed!-autoheadlight-switch-dimmer-range-controller.jpg

DRL beside fog light (none OEM)

Polo GT TSi Install: OEM Bi-Xenons with BCM Max Upgrade EDIT: 6C RLS + Auto-dimming IRVM installed!-drl-beside-foglight.jpg

DRL off with blinker

Polo GT TSi Install: OEM Bi-Xenons with BCM Max Upgrade EDIT: 6C RLS + Auto-dimming IRVM installed!-drl-off-blinker.jpg

Auto dimming IRVM

Polo GT TSi Install: OEM Bi-Xenons with BCM Max Upgrade EDIT: 6C RLS + Auto-dimming IRVM installed!-irvm.jpg

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:45   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi,

I managed to complete installation of BCM max and auto headlight wiring this week. Here are few pictures that I captured after completing this task.
Awesome. Congratulations on the successful BCM upgrade. I guess the next upgrade would be OEM BiXenons?
Old 8th January 2020, 19:48   #56
BHPian

My Polo GT(MY2015) windshield cracked and I am about to replace it. I am thinking now to have RLS installed as this wouldn't require a BCM upgrade. I have a very short window to procure these as I cannot delay windshield installation for longer time. I have been scanning all over ebay and aliexpress, frame mirror or frameless, would appreciate if folks installed RLS could help with online vendors/sites for me to buy these.

Quote:
Hi,

Auto dimming IRVM
This looks little different and way cooler is it the black frame? Could you please share the details of the vendor where you purchased these items, thanks.
Old 8th January 2020, 21:39   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
My Polo GT(MY2015) windshield cracked and I am about to replace it. I am thinking now to have RLS installed as this wouldn't require a BCM upgrade. I have a very short window to procure these as I cannot delay windshield installation for longer time. I have been scanning all over ebay and aliexpress, frame mirror or frameless, would appreciate if folks installed RLS could help with online vendors/sites for me to buy these.

This looks little different and way cooler is it the black frame? Could you please share the details of the vendor where you purchased these items, thanks.
The following AliExpress link has the RLS sensor which has the same version as the one I installed.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_55

I don't have information about source for the IRVM. I had got it from a contact in Russia that I got from ukpolos forum. I have long since lost touch. Antardaksh should be able to help you on that.
Old 8th August 2020, 23:38   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I am guessing you are planning to just replace the bubs in the same headlight assembly. I would suggest you stay away from HIDs as HIDs in a halogen reflector will just scatter light everywhere. You will get no benefit out of this setup, but will end up glaring oncoming traffic.

I have heard LED replacement bulbs have a better light spread in illuminating and less glare. But I have not tried this.

If you are not willing to make any major changes to the headlights, I think the best would be to get better halogen bulbs or even the 100W setup with a relay.
After reading thoroughly your posts DIYs and all of it.
I decided to simply buy new headlights and install - BI-BEAM LED's - 55W each.
And adding to the same I replaced the Fog Lamps powered with a 35W - Philips HID's

Life and lighting are now sorted, the throw and the beam as so bright now.
I can drive nicely now at night!
(I am yet to lift the throw of the fog lamps a little. Rest it all )
contact.nitin7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 20:03   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contact.nitin7 View Post
After reading thoroughly your posts DIYs and all of it.
I decided to simply buy new headlights and install - BI-BEAM LED's - 55W each.
And adding to the same I replaced the Fog Lamps powered with a 35W - Philips HID's

Life and lighting are now sorted, the throw and the beam as so bright now.
I can drive nicely now at night!
(I am yet to lift the throw of the fog lamps a little. Rest it all )
Please do share which brand you have purchased for Bi-Beam LEDs and also please do share some pictures with rest of us!
Old 10th March 2022, 23:31   #60
BHPian

Quote:
The following AliExpress link has the RLS sensor which has the same version as the one I installed.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_55

I don't have information about source for the IRVM. I had got it from a contact in Russia that I got from ukpolos forum. I have long since lost touch. Antardaksh should be able to help you on that.

Big fan of your work. I own a polo tsi 1.0 highline. Got OEM LED headlights from vagtune. Haven’t done the BCM max upgrade. I use the 10 to 14 pin adapter. The negatives have been that I have lost headlight levelling. The worst part is that I need to hold the pass stalk for 2 seconds to flash my high beams while driving with lights off. When the lights are on its instant. Secondly I’m unable to use the DRL as parking lights as these only come on when the key is on ignition position and turning the headlight switch to the parking position makes no difference. And with the key removed or in off and with headlight switch in park position only the rear lights are on. Can you help me with this? I want instant pass flash and also the DRL to work with the switch on park with the key in my pocket like when I park at night. I don’t mind the levelling motors not working since I have manually adjusted the beam to my liking. I don’t want to go the BCM max way and complicate things and also dont want a huge expense right now. Hope you will be able to solve my problems. I think I have read on UK forums as well about you.

Mod Note : Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th March 2022 at 04:47. Reason: Cleaning up SMS / Chat lingo. E.g i —> I. u —> you. Capitalising text where needed.
HYPERTOURER is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks