Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2021, 21:11   #46
BHPian

Re: DIY: HID Bi-Xenon projector foglamps in our EcoSport

I've just finished the install on my 2013 EcoSport. Wiring done exactly as posted above. But there's one problem;
Fog and headlight high beam if switched on together keeps the fogs in high beam permanently even if headlight is back to low beam. Switching off headlights brings the fogs back to low beam.

Is this normal? This means I can't use fogs and headlights together. Flashing high beam even for a second puts the fogs in permanent high.
But with headlights off, fogs work as expected.
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 22:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Fog and headlight high beam if switched on together keeps the fogs in high beam permanently even if headlight is back to low beam. Switching off headlights brings the fogs back to low beam.

Flashing high beam even for a second puts the fogs in permanent high.
Hi
I installed hid projectors from blaze India in tiago a couple of months back. Having same issue as you.
I presume it must be some grounding issue. I shall be following the wiring start to end some time soon to find the error in my ways.

Meanwhile, if you do find a solution, please ping me too. Thanks.
Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 22:29   #48
BHPian

Currently having a real hard time lowering right side low beam. Metal bracket of horn is obstructing any more movement of hid bulb ends.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: HID Bi-Xenon projector foglamps in our EcoSport-16245538983485988625659699332850.jpg  

Old 30th June 2021, 14:02   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harjot37 View Post

My first DIY

High beam activation:
Unlike the 2015 model Ecosport, the 2013 model comes with a 5 pin connector for the HL.

Attachment 2148203

The single pin is the negative terminal, while the others are positive.

The high beam activator is the last terminal (green wire). Tapped it with a scotch lock.

Attachment 2148216

The earthing (negative) wire was secured to an inconspicuous metal plate.

Attachment 2148205

Attachment 2148225
Quote:
I've just finished the install on my 2013 EcoSport. Wiring done exactly as posted above. But there's one problem;

Is this normal? This means I can't use fogs and headlights together. Flashing high beam even for a second puts the fogs in permanent high.
Are you facing a similar issue??
Old 30th June 2021, 14:30   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Are you facing a similar issue??
Nope. But the left fog did stop working after an accident.

Quote:
Currently having a real hard time lowering right side low beam. Metal bracket of horn is obstructing any more movement of hid bulb ends.
Wait. I can lower the beam without wrestling with the fogs?!
Please let me know how.
Old 30th June 2021, 15:50   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harjot37 View Post
Nope. But the left fog did stop working after an accident.

Wait. I can lower the beam without wrestling with the fogs?!
Please let me know how.
Oops you might've misunderstood me. I'm running AES projectors which have a different bracket compared to iph ones. Adjusting the beam does require removing entire projector, loosening 2 screws and swivel projector up and down in its bracket.

The rear end of HiD bulb was fouling with horn bracket, preventing anymore movement, I simply bent the horn bracket away with my hands.

Another problem I faced was horn assembly touching projector which changed its sound, pulling the horn upwards solved it all.
Old 9th September 2021, 01:23   #52
BHPian

Quote:

Extremely sorry for replying so late, somehow I forgot to check this thread . Hope you have already found a solution to your issue.

No, it's not normal. I can use both the headlights & fogs together, also can switch between high/low beam without any issue. For the high/low beam, I think you didn't tap into the correct wire.

P.S- The projector fogs are going great, even after 1.5 years. For 6.9k, easily worth it & some more.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 9th September 2021 at 01:25.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 19:29   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post

No, it's not normal. I can use both the headlights & fogs together, also can switch between high/low beam without any issue. For the high/low beam, I think you didn't tap into the correct wire.

P.S- The projector fogs are going great, even after 1.5 years. For 6.9k, easily worth it & some more.
Haven't found a solution yet. I tapped into the same wires as pictured in previous posts. Wondering if it's a problem with the polarity. Black wire of projector was connected to ground. Would reversing the polarity help the issue?

Other than this, they've been absolutely phenomenal, took a long time adjusting the beam level to my taste. Now I can drive highways without a sweat. But can't use headlights with fogs (not required 90% of the time)
Old 13th September 2021, 11:41   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Haven't found a solution yet. I tapped into the same wires as pictured in previous posts. Wondering if it's a problem with the polarity. Black wire of projector was connected to ground. Would reversing the polarity help the issue?
I don't think it's an issue of reverse polarity, the black wire (- ve) is for ground only. I think you could try tapping in the other wires (in the HL coupler) for the +ve line, could do a trial test. Also you could ask the Blaze India seller regarding your issue. Pre 2015 Ecosport also seem to have a different coupler for the HL, but that shouldn't mean an issue like this. Hoping that you find a solution to this small niggle soon.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 16:29   #55

Hi, I recently installed similar projectors with HID bulbs (35W 4300k) in the fog lamp housing on my 2010 Altis. While they are a genuine boon on those dark highways, they were close to useless during the rains or in fog. I believe the issue is in the color temperature, and so I'm on the lookout for 3000k HID bulbs. Can't seem to find them anywhere in Mumbai. Would really appreciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Old 15th August 2022, 22:18   #56
BHPian

Reviveing this thread, any of you were able get a solution?
I recently bought AES projectors for fogs replacement and am facing exact same issue. Any pointers will be really helpful.
TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks