Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2020, 17:28   #16

Re: DIY - Illuminated power window switches in the Nexon & other Tata cars

Thank you for another superb DIY and for taking the time to post in such detail Vikas!!
I was eagerly waiting for this one. Rated 5 stars
G.Harry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 17:33   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Thanks. And good luck! Makes it worthwhile to know the thread was useful as a reference to fellow members. Yes - there is a small possibility that during the specification changeover - some car batches in 2018 would still have the original harness in other 3 doors with illumination wires, just the top switch without LEDs. If that works out - nothing like it! Pure plug & play for all doors. To check - just open the panel on the co-driver seat. Its easy to remove.
I just checked the front passenger side power window harness and it has 5 slots, 3 at top 2 at bottom. The bottom two are powered . Checked with multi meter and it showed 10.7V with the parking lamps turned on! It would be a plug and play for me to convert all the switches to back lit.

I have ordered only the 4 switch driver side module from Boodmo. Will convert the passenger doors later since it is an expensive DIY to do in one shot for me. Also, it is the driver side switches that will be used the most!
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 17:54   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
A truly wonderful DIY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Good share - thank you! I'd say this is a bare minimum feature we should have in vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Amazing DIY !!!
Thanks fellas! Love to know you liked it. Yes - we wish these people won't skimp - and they always do! And at places that make them look rather silly at face value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Harry View Post
Thank you for another superb DIY and for taking the time to post in such detail Vikas!!
I was eagerly waiting for this one. Rated 5 stars
Thanks Harry! Glad you liked it mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I just checked the front passenger side power window harness and it has 5 slots, 3 at top 2 at bottom. The bottom two are powered . Checked with multi meter and it showed 10.7V with the parking lamps turned on! It would be a plug and play for me to convert all the switches to back lit.
Ain't that fantastic? I had anticipated that you'll have the wiring in place. And aren't I jealous now!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 15th September 2020 at 18:35. Reason: Edited. Thanks.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 20:14   #19
BHPian

I opened up the Co-driver side switch module of my June 2019 Nexon and unfortunately it has only 3 wires. So I am planning to change the driver side switch module for the time being.

Anyway , thanks for the wonderful DIY.
vijith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 18:37   #20
BHPian

Superb DIY Reinhard. Awesome step by step instruction with pictures, as always.

@Vik0728, I agree with you on the "GO TO thread for Creta/Seltos/Venue" part. Already bookmarking this thread for a future project on my Venue, once I've got a hang of the things in the car (Its still brand new you see, not even a month old )
arijit_chat2006 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 18:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Now - let's get on with the implementation. In 2 groups - Driver door and the other 3.[/list]
Superb DIY Reinhard, rated 5stars. Thank you for your Nexon DIY threads.
I have ordered illuminated driver power window switches from Bodomo. I am so much used to illuminated controls on my vehicles, I find it really irritating to use nexon switches at night.
Are there spare center console switches available for Nexon? There are a few blank switches below the AC controls on my Nexon EV XZ+. I would like to add a front/side parking cameras and need a switch to control them.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 20:33   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Superb DIY Reinhard, rated 5stars. Thank you for your Nexon DIY threads.
Thanks for the praise Holyghost! Happy you found them useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Are there spare center console switches available for Nexon? There are a few blank switches below the AC controls on my Nexon EV XZ+. I would like to add a front/side parking cameras and need a switch to control them.
Unfortunately not. The module is a single piece molded unit with single PCB inside. Our newer cars don't have any switch / contacts behind the blanks. So the only option would be to replace the whole module with a module from a 2018 or older Nexon that has usable buttons. Then you'll need to find the wires to use.

The suitable place to install toggle switches is the flat panel just above the coin holder / cabin fuse-box cover near right knee. By making holes in it. Simple black toggle switches look OK there. Unfortunate that Tata didn't think of basics like future accessories needing switches to be installed. Basic modularity in such things is where Tata cars have ALWAYS lacked.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks