Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   DIY - Do it yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/)
-   -   Projector setup on Swift & Some DIY also.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/31927-projector-setup-swift-some-diy-also.html)

low_bass_makker 28th November 2007 12:01

Projector setup on Swift & Some DIY also....
 
Hello guys got the projector on my swift few days back. They are nicely built and good finish. They easily got installed in my car without any problems. here is a old pic which I have already posted twice....



Chalo anyways after the install then came the difficult part of adjusting them. It was a hell of a task...Initially both the projectors were having this pattern



So this is something I was seeing in the front of my car. Both the lights were more towards the left side. It might be technically correct but I was not enjoying it....So here comes the DIY part. I opened up the right side Headlamp to adjust the projector. Few pics of the same.





The result is this...





Nice low beam with light on both the sides of the road.

Now again one more problem. when I wanted to use High beam the projector goes off. So I wired them in such a way that the projector keeps running all the times and I can use the High beam for dipper purpose...I used two bulb wiring kits and to make this happen nothing was added extra on the wiring of the kit. :)

Here is a pic with all the lights glowing...



And this one with the projector only.



Hope everybody enjoyed it....

karthik247 28th November 2007 12:07

Awesome...the last pic looks really cool and mean!

:OT
Does using xenons with projectors make a lot of difference?

gbpscars 28th November 2007 12:18

hey LBM, so you have forayed into the lights from the sound. huh???

hearty congrats. and my thanks for choosing the projectors rather than a blinder.

while appreciating your DIY efforts, i couldnt stay put watching those pics....

your alignment is wrong. in our country of right-hand-side driver seats, the beam output (the cutoff) must be like

\_____ \_____ and not \____ ____/

even in left-hand-side driver seating countries, it will be like _____/ _____/

go to hidforums.com and you will find ample and beautiful pics of HID alignment.

i hope you understand what i wanted to say.

low_bass_makker 28th November 2007 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247 (Post 640171)
Does using xenons with projectors make a lot of difference?

Ya a very great one...

shazikon 28th November 2007 12:20

Nice... very nice..congrats on the new setup

low_bass_makker 28th November 2007 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbpscars (Post 640183)
\_____ \_____ and not \____ ____/

I understand your feeling...I am no expert in Lights but what I felt I did it...And I am loving the result..And I am happy. I also mentioned that \_____ \_____ might be the correct way but I wanted it this way \_____/ :)

gbpscars 28th November 2007 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 640202)
I also mentioned that \_____ \_____ might be the correct way but I wanted it this way \_____/ :)


what can i say.
i'm dumbfounded with your statement, that i quoted above.


go and light your way. enjoy :)


P.S.: For anyone who may ponder over my post,... that cutoff specification has a very specific road safety reason.

low_bass_makker 28th November 2007 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbpscars (Post 640217)
P.S.: For anyone who may ponder over my post,... that cutoff specification has a very specific road safety reason.


I agree to you when did I say that I am not...

anyways...what happens to road safety in this case when people on the road drive in full high beam...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buckle...ers-india.html

Chalo atleast I am using projectors now that I am not blinding the on coming traffic..

razor4077 28th November 2007 12:47

Nice bit of DIY LBM. Could you tell us how much the projectors cost you (without the xenons)?

gbpscars 28th November 2007 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 640227)
I agree to you when did I say that I am not...

anyways...what happens to road safety in this case when people on the road drive in full high beam...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buckle...ers-india.html


dear LBM, i have absolutely no intentions of turning your show-off thread into an arguement thread. my sincere apologies if you feel so.

but, you are using xenons focussed with a projector lens!!!

even if i aim my 100W Rallye at your eyes, I cant meet your brightness levels.

so you can imagine how much of light you are throwing onto the oncoming traffic with xenons and projectors wrongly aligned.

in short you are firing a torpedo at someone who tried to shoot you with a 9mm pistol :) you get my point?


Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 640227)
Chalo atleast I am using projectors now that I am not blinding the on coming traffic..

yes, right. you have a focussed blinding weapon now.

low_bass_makker 28th November 2007 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by razor4077 (Post 640235)
Nice bit of DIY LBM. Could you tell us how much the projectors cost you (without the xenons)?

In something of 13k range.

low_bass_makker 28th November 2007 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbpscars (Post 640241)
dear LBM, i have absolutely no intentions of turning your show-off thread into an arguement thread. my sincere apologies if you feel so.

but, you are using xenons focussed with a projector lens!!!

even if i aim my 100W Rallye at your eyes, I cant meet your brightness levels.

so you can imagine how much of light you are throwing onto the oncoming traffic with xenons and projectors wrongly aligned.

in short you are firing a torpedo at someone who tried to shoot you with a 9mm pistol :) you get my point?




yes, right. you have a focussed blinding weapon now.



No problem sir, Now consider this what will be happening when I was using the xenons in the stock reflector which will be acting as a mini canon with multiple torpedoes . So I think I am better now than before. And I think we need to stop of mods will get angry !!!

gbpscars 28th November 2007 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 640248)
And I think we need to stop of mods will get angry !!!


DUH!!!

and i thot TBHP respects road-safety.
let the mods ban me if not.

am out of this thread now anyway.

hellspawn 28th November 2007 13:22

the projector setup looks good.so do these projector setups come with hid's or do you have to buy them seperately or did you install the previous hid's that you had installed.

low_bass_makker 28th November 2007 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbpscars (Post 640252)
DUH!!!

and i thot TBHP respects road-safety.
let the mods ban me if not.

am out of this thread now anyway.

Anyways thanks for the road safety knowledge...:)


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:03.