Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2008, 00:35   #61
Senior - BHPian

Update: Even after the valve change, the F.E. has NOT improved :(
Old 7th September 2008, 04:23   #62
BHPian

Hi Abhi ,

Did you replace both the valves or just one ? did you notice any change in the color or quantity of exhaust smoke after replacing it ?
Old 7th September 2008, 15:05   #63
Senior - BHPian

Spookey, the garage checked both valves and changed one..

The brakes are back to normal.

There is no visible exhaust smoke anymore. I checked keeping the car in neutral and revving to 3500 rpm.
Old 11th May 2009, 18:27   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
1. I am not 100% sure about the F.E. issue, since there may be some increase in combustion efficiency with EGR at certain rpms and loads. But you should get more power and less soot build up.

2. I would also like to know where #2 goes.

V1 & V2 should only see clean vacuum, so why did they get contaminated and clogged with soot in the first place? What is the point spending 16.5k if soot will again pour in. Is soot clogging your brake vacuum circuit? You should check out the entire vacuum circuit to see what is going on.
MM,

I've got the same problem in my Accent CRDI now. One of the solenoid valves have gone kaput. The service advisor has disconnected the solenoid which actuates the vaccum diaphragm fed by #2 hose. He did'nt give the exact technical term but apparently, this valve controls the jerky shut down of engine.

He told me to drive the vehicle around till the solenoid arrives.

Do you think it is safe to do so?

cheers
badri
Old 11th December 2014, 13:38   #65
BHPian

Re: Accent Viva Crdi: Purge Control Solenoid Valves - Rs.16.5k! EDIT: Fixin it DIY style!

Guys! I had the same problem with my Viva CRdi. After a lot of research and help from this thread, I concluded its the Solenoid valve.

Symptom: Loss of power at RPMs below 2000 and thick black smoke.

Solution: Blocked V1 pipe as explained by REDMM340 and it comes back to normal. Waiting for the replacement Solenoid valve. Hope its safe to drive it this way.

Thanks a lot for the help guys!!
Old 11th March 2021, 10:16   #66
BHPian

Re: Accent Viva Crdi: Purge Control Solenoid Valves - Rs.16.5k! EDIT: Fixin it DIY style!

Bumping up an old thread for a different car.

My petrol Altis had been for an oil + filter change yesterday. The air filter housing was cleaned too. Have driven the car for 10 kilometres since yesterday. And now I have a P0443 on the scanner.

I have cleared the code, but I am sure it will come back. How do I start? Loosely fit?
Old 9th June 2021, 08:20   #67
BHPian

Update on P0443 issue -

I dismantled the Valve and put it back and scanned the car again. Now before doing this, on a cold start, the RPM used to be at 1500~ and then it would settle to 8-900 in a minute. After this exercise, the RPM on a cold start is at about 1000 and then settles a bit lower around 7-800 RPM.

1. Whether these figures are normal?
2. The code is back again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks