Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:11   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range

Volkswagen electric vehicle shown in new design sketches.

Volkswagen has released new pictures of its first electric-only model ahead of its full reveal at the Paris motor show next week.
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-vwev1.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-vwev2.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-vwev3.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-vwev4.jpg
Quote:
The images confirm it gets futuristic lighting and a rear roofline that extends out beyond the tailgate. With no combustion engine to feed, the car's nose is short and has no grille.

The model, which has been scheduled for release in 2019, will be capable of travelling between 250 and 300 miles on a single charge, according to VW Group CEO Matthias Müller, with charging only taking 15 minutes.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd September 2016 at 16:13.
Old 23rd September 2016, 20:27   #17
BHPian

The doors, the headlights, the perforations in the front bumper all reminds me of the tata megapixel concept!
Of course this looks much more sportier in proportions compared to the upright city car proportions of the tata!
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-tatamegapixelconceptdesignsketch05.jpg  

Old 28th September 2016, 21:00   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen has revealed the VW I.D. concept car ahead of the 2016 Paris Motor Show.

The production version of the I.D. will be sold in parallel with the VW Golf, meaning that the I.D. will share similar a similar footprint to the popular family hatchback. It’s underpinned by a completely new MEB architecture, which has been exclusively developed for electric vehicles across the VW Group. All vehicles based on the MEB platform will be powered by lithium-ion batteries.

With a claimed range of between 250 to 372 miles, the Volkswagen I.D. also features a fully automated driving mode, which VW says will be available to customers from 2025.

Visually, the I.D. adopts a completely new design language that will be exclusive to VW’s future range of EVs. The front end is completely blanked off, while new digital headlamps are wrapped in LED daytime running lights.

Quote:
The two-tone body is another distinctive feature, while the windscreen stretches back to the rear of the car to give a full-length panoramic roof. There are also new ultra slim taillights that extend onto the rear haunches. There are no detailed interior images of the I.D. but can see that the concept is a four-seater, even though a production version is likely to have five seats. There’s also a very minimalist dash and a multifunction steering wheel that retracts into the dash when the fully autonomous I.D. Pilot mode is engaged
Link
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-1.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-2.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-3.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-4.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-5.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-6.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th September 2016 at 21:01.
Old 28th September 2016, 21:55   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

VW's EV- I.D. (iconic design study), size and price of the Golf with interior space of the Passat and 600km range ,coming in 2020 with technology at its best!

Aerodynamically sculpted lines, big showcar wheels, an enormous panoramic glass roof, and narrow LED light elements. Its tall greenhouse features enormous windows, while a prominent crease accentuates the bodysides. There are no traditional door mirrors, as they’ve been replaced by small cameras mounted on the fenders,to reduce drag,

Unveiling,

..and more of concept I. D.

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th September 2016 at 21:58.
Old 29th September 2016, 07:57   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkwagen's I.D - explained more - fully connected and e-mobility.

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th September 2016 at 08:01.
Old 16th October 2016, 17:26   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Believed to be from VW an autonomous coupe's patent images are registered with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-a1.jpg

Quote:
That being said, not all designs of a concept registered with a patent bureau make it to a car show, so we will have to wait to find out whether this one will actually be introduced at a public event.
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-autonomousevconcept.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th October 2016 at 17:29.
Old 9th January 2017, 07:39   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen has introduced the second model in its future range of electric vehicles with the I.D. Buzz Concept.
Quote:
Beneath the skin, the Buzz utilizes a large 111 kWh battery that is complemented with one electric motor at the front axle and one at the rear to deliver a total of 369 hp. Volkswagen says the concept can accelerate from 0-60 mph (96 km/h) in a brisk 5 seconds and can travel 270 miles on a predicted U.S. driving cycle.
VW says the vehicle’s self-driving abilities could make their way into production in 2025.
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-volk111.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-113.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-volkswagenidbuzzconcept.jpg

vwbuzz
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 20:53   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen To Launch 8 New Energy Vehicles In China.

The Volkswagen Group plans to launch eight New Energy Vehicles (NEVs) in China, according to a slide from a product presentation that has leaked onto the internet. According to the classification set up by the Chinese government NEVs include electric vehicles (EV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) and hydrogen vehicles.
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-jacvw.jpg

Volkswagen operates two joint ventures in China; FAW-Volkswagen and Shanghai-Volkswagen. Soon they will add a third joint venture to the mix, JAC-Volkswagen, which will sell affordable electric cars under a yet unknown new brand

Four of the new NEVs will be sold under the Volkswagen brand, two under the Audi brand, and another two under JAC-Volkswagen.

The NEVs will be based on three main platforms: MQB, MLB, and MEB. The latter is a dedicated electric car platform. The JAC-Volkswagen cars will be based on existing JAC platforms.
Volkswagen
1. e-Golf, an electric variant of the Volkswagen Golf with 134hp and a 200 kilometer range. The e-Golf will hit the market later this year. Platform is MQB. The e-Golf will be the most affordable Volkswagen-branded NEV in the lineup.

2.Tiguan PHEV, a plug-in hybrid version of the new Tiguan L, known as Tiguan Allspace in the United States. It will combine a 2.0 turbo with an electric motor, good for an output of about 220hp. It will launch in early 2018. Platform is MQB.

3.Phideon PHEV, a plug-in hybrid version of the China-only Phideon sedan. It will get the same hybrid system as the Tiguan PHEV but it will deliver some 245 horses. The Phideon PHEV will launch late this year. Platform is MLB

4.The production version of the I.D. concept, an electric compact crossover. This is a very important car for Volkswagen because the I.D. is their first car that was developed as an electric car from the very beginning, and it will also be the first car to be based on the MEB platform. It will have around 68 horsepower and a 410 kilometer range.

The e-Golf will be made by the FAW-Volkswagen joint venture, the Tiguan and Phideon PHEVs by the Shanghai-Volkswagen joint venture. Who will make the I.D. is yet unclear.

Audi

1. A6L e-tron, a plug-in hybrid variant of the China-only Audi A6L sedan, which is a long-wheelbase version of the Audi A6L. The e-tron will be launched on the Chinese car market in the first quarter. It will get the same hybrid system as the Phideon PHEV. Platform: MLB.

2. Q6 e-tron quattro, the production version of the E-Tron Quattro Concept. It will hit the market in late 2018, with just under 500 horsepower on tap. The E-Tron Quattro stands on a modified variant of the MLB platform that also underpins the Tiguan L and the Audi Q5.

Both the A6L e-tron and the Q6 e-tron quattro will be made by FAW-Volkswagen.

JAC-Volkswagen

There are two cars under development; a compact SUV likely to be based on the JAC iEV6S and a small sedan, likely to be based on the JAC iEV5. The name of the new brand will be unveiled on the Shanghai Auto Show in April and the first car will hit the market in 2018.

Link1

Link2
Old 18th January 2017, 09:53   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

With the Germans wanting to do away with the IC engine, this is but expected. 500km range with fast charging stations / points for both the car and the driver! Remember Tesla is already approaching that range.
Old 23rd January 2017, 15:36   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

New VW I.D. GTI to lead brand's family of electric cars.

The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-watermarktemplate_1.jpg

Quote:
The I.D. hatch uses new MEB architecture that will underpin a whole range of VW Group electric cars. Its 168bhp output is said to power the car from 0-62mph in “under eight seconds”. But as with all battery technology, VW will be able to balance range, charging time and performance to suit each model, with higher-output batteries expected for GTI versions
AE

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd January 2017 at 15:37.
Old 4th March 2017, 19:38   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen's Futuristic car (Proto) driven on Road. Based on the MEV platform scheduled to be launched in 2020, sitting along side the Golf. VW's ambition to lead the EV segment moves a fast pace.

Video shows the evolution of VW from Beetle to I.D.

Old 7th March 2017, 09:56   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen unveils the Sedric Concept looks like a logical conclusion when the autonomous and EV.

The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-volkswagensedricconcept_6.jpg

The Sedric (the nameplate stands for self driving car) comes in the form of a rear-wheel-drive, pod-shaped lounge on wheels, which, in the configuration, can accommodate up to four people.

the Sedric is defined by its user controller, which only has one button, used to summon the vehicle. Dubbed the OneButton, this provides info on the time of arrival, while also being able to interact with visually-impaired users.

Once inside VW's mobility solution, occupants can turn to voice control for selecting a destination, planning the journey and even preparing rest stops.

Envisioned as a Level 5 (this is the maximum degree) autonomous vehicle, the Sedric relies on five LIDAR scanners, seven cameras and multiple sensors to find its way around the driving environment.

Propulsion comes from an 134 hp electric motor housed in the rear axle, which sips electron juice from a flat battery pack mounted underneath the floor of the vehicle. The promised driving range? 250 miles.
From personal to shared mobility, the Sedric is prepared to cater to any sorts of requirements. It also promises to act as one's personal assistant, dropping the children to school or picking up the groceries.

The concept offers tailor-made mobility for everyone: adults and children, retirees and people with physical disabilities, city people who do not have their own car or a driving license, and visitors in a new city and suddenly decide they want to get from A to B in a convenient mobility setting.

The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-volkswagensedricconcept_12.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-volkswagensedricconcept_23.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-volkswagensedricconcept_26.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-volkswagensedricconcept115945_1.jpg

Link
Old 12th April 2017, 15:59   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

VW teases the third I.D concept - a CUV! Likely to be called I.D. CROZZ!

A new important front-runner of electric mobility in the world premiere of a crossover concept vehicle at Auto Shanghai 2017 (19 to 29 April). The concept car is the brand's first electrically powered crossover utility vehicle (CUV) – a four-door coupé and sport utility vehicle (SUV) in one.

Quote:
After the premieres of the I.D. (Paris, 2016) and I.D. BUZZ (Detroit, 2017), this concept car follows as the third progressive member of the I.D. family – a new generation of zero emission vehicle with a long range and a charismatic electric mobility design. All I.D. models also impress with a new interior world and with their layout, flexibility, size and comfort, which exceed standards for this vehicle class.
VW has confirmed the I.D. Crozz will be four-wheel drive, which means dual electric motor setup is likely. It will use the same MEB platform as its stablemates, and should offer an electric range of between 249 and 373 miles.

The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-db2017au00785_small.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-db2017au00787_small.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-db2017au00786_small.jpg

Source- VW press release
Old 18th April 2017, 16:11   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen unveils the 3rd ( the earlier I.D. hatchback and I.D. Buzz) I.D concept - the new electric powered I.D. Crozz - the third in a series of zero emission and planned to be produced from 2020 on-wards.

Quote:
Running two electric motors with a combined output of 302bhp and an 83kWh battery, the high riding four seater is claimed to boasts 0-62mph time of less than 6.0secs and an overall range of up to 311 miles.
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-db2017au00791_large.jpg

Quote:
At 4625mm in length, 1891 mm in width and 1609 mm in height, the I.D. Crozz is a considerable 316mm shorter, 85 mm narrower and 354 mm lower than the I.D. Buzz. The new crossover also rides on a wheelbase that is 527 mm shorter than its retro inspired MPV sibling at 2773 mm.
Volkswagen also claims a front-to-rear weight distribution of 48:52, providing the basis for what it describes as “handling characteristics on par with the Golf GTi”.

The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-db2017au00788_large.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-db2017au00792_large.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-db2017au00790_large.jpg
The Volkswagen ID.3 electric car with a 550 km range-db2017au00818_large.jpg

Link
Old 21st April 2017, 10:06   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen to revolutionize EV's - VW's New Electric Vehicles To Be Priced Similarly To Conventional Cars!

Quote:
Speaking to reporters at the Shanghai Auto Show, Volkswagen’s electric car project head said that the automaker has made significant steps in reducing the costs of EVs.
Quote:
Offering our electric cars for prices similar to combustion engine vehicles is a game changer. We’re using the need to step from traditional combustion engine cars to reinvent the Volkswagen brand
Quote:
Since last year’s Paris Auto Show, Volkswagen has unveiled three all-electric concepts which it intends to bring to the market. The I.D. hatchback was the first and it was soon followed by the I.D. Buzz Microbus and this week in Shanghai, the I.D. Crozz crossover.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st April 2017 at 10:07.

Most Viewed