Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2018, 10:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Power launches electric vehicle charging point in Mumbai

After setting up Mumbai's first electric vehicle (EV) charging station in Vikhroli, Tata Power has now opened two more EV charging points in the city. The charging stations are located at the Palladium Mall in Lower Parel and at Phoenix Marketcity in Kurla. Two more charging points are coming up - one at Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC) and the other on the Western Express Highway at Borivali.

Tata Power launches electric vehicle charging point in Mumbai-image004.jpg

The newly installed charging points will enable electric car users visiting these malls in suburban Mumbai to charge their vehicles at any time. The chargers can monitor the battery status and display units consumed during the charging process.

Tata Power launches electric vehicle charging point in Mumbai-image005.jpg

Tata Power plans to expand its network of EV charging stations to various locations in Mumbai and is currently in discussions with various stakeholders. The company aims to build a seamless network of electric charging stations. This includes smart charging points in mall parking lots like the ones setup at Palladium and Phoenix Marketcity.

Tata Power launches electric vehicle charging point in Mumbai-image001-2.jpg
Tata Power launches electric vehicle charging point in Mumbai-image003.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 16:44   #17
BHPian

Amazing initiative! This will definitely give the much-needed push to EV's. Especially considering the time taken to charge, Malls are the best places for putting up Charging stations.

Just hope that other malls in the country follow the suite and get themselves EV chargers.
There was news a few months ago that D:LF mall in Delhi had also installed Charging stations.

Link- https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/57460963.cms

Very curious to know from an EV users perspective about the impact of this news on their charging behavior.

Last edited by musclecar : 9th January 2018 at 16:48. Reason: rectified an error.
musclecar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 18:29   #18
BHPian

Is this something new in Mumbai?
This has been the case in Bangalore malls for a couple of years now! I know there are free charging stations in Forum Value [Neighbourhood] Mall in Whitefield. I myself charged my e2O when I had it then. I suppose the Phoenix mall in Whitefield Road too has a few charging stations.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 17:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Is this something new in Mumbai?
This has been the case in Bangalore malls for a couple of years now!
Prem.
Not couple of years. I remember seeing charging stations @ Forum Mall Koramangala back in 2010/11.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 18:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Not couple of years. I remember seeing charging stations @ Forum Mall Koramangala back in 2010/11.
Latheesh
I am spoiled by IT [read American] slang. For sure, I didn't mean exactly 2 by "Couple". You should be right with the timeframe

Prem.
Old 18th January 2018, 17:32   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Saw the one at Palladium last night. It's on the 5th level of the parking lot. Right next to the car cleaning center.

Thought I'll take this picture. The present - a gas guzzling 6-cylinder on the left, with the future on the right.
Tata Power launches electric vehicle charging point in Mumbai-20180118-00.13.33.jpg
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 20:05   #22
BHPian

Anyone used the Vikhroli EV charging station of tata power lately? Is it working? I am planning to travel from Pune-Mumbai-Pune in my kona over the next weekend, and was hoping to recharge at this station. With 25kW CCS2, should be able to top up in 20 minutes.
Old 6th January 2020, 21:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Saw the one at Palladium last night. It's on the 5th level of the parking lot. Right next to the car cleaning center.
The parking lot at Apollo Hospital,CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai also has multiple Electric car charging points. I was pleasantly surprised to see this , when I drove my Polo there last month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks