Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2022, 12:14   #1

Nexon EV falls off carlift during service at Orange Auto, Hyderabad | No support from Tata or dealer

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/tata-ne...-12454255.html

Is this Real?
It seems the Car was Damaged as a result of Falling off the Car Lift and the Dealer and Tata Motors have refused to take responsibility.

Dealer has been asking Customer to Claim Insurance.
Last Tweet Screenshot shows that Tata Motors Customer Care Has responded but no Update Yet.
ICE_Swift is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 16:48   #2
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE_Swift View Post
https://www.rushlane.com/amp/tata-ne...-12454255.html

Is this Real?
It seems the Car was Damaged as a result of Falling off the Car Lift and the Dealer and Tata Motors have refused to take responsibility.

Dealer has been asking Customer to Claim Insurance.
Last Tweet Screenshot shows that Tata Motors Customer Care Has responded but no Update Yet.
I had posted about this, this is the Orange Service Ltd. dealer in Hyderabad. The dealer said (and I am paraphrasing) "Complaint to Tata all you want, we know they don't respond. If you do a legal complaint, we won't return your car." They also have denied to provide Incident report and CCTV footage.

This is the level of confidence the dealer has that Tata won't act at all. It won't be baseless because he has years of experience doing this and I think would definitely have done this with someone else. It is pretty surprising and an eye opener. I knew Tata Motors supports was bad but never realized it is so bad that dealer's can literally say that on customer's face.
anti21 is offline   (97) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 17:54   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti21 View Post
I had posted about this, this is the Orange Service Ltd. dealer in Hyderabad. The dealer said (and I am paraphrasing) "Complaint to Tata all you want, we know they don't respond. If you do a legal complaint, we won't return your car." They also have denied to provide Incident report and CCTV footage.

This is the level of confidence the dealer has that Tata won't act at all. It won't be baseless because he has years of experience doing this and I think would definitely have done this with someone else. It is pretty surprising and an eye opener. I knew Tata Motors supports was bad but never realized it is so bad that dealer's can literally say that on customer's face.
Man Oh Man Tata is going to continue losing face with the Customers if this is the case.
I don't know if Jaguar Land Rover also deals with Customers in the same way but Tata needs to Fix this issue ASAP because otherwise they will lose customers as soon as other brands launch affordable and Reliable EVs.

This is not the Only Issue.
My Mom's colleague has bought a Nexon EV and servicing it takes time because there are only a few personnel and service Centres available.He has to leave the car at service centre for Days at a Time.If the number of Technicians and Service Centres aren't Increased soon I'm expecting a lot of Upset Tata Customers, especially once The Tiago EV deliveries Begin.

I don't Understand why Tata can't Fix the issue of
Customer Service promptly.All it takes is two Good Executives to Handle the Customer Response and After Sales Service, Separately.

On the other hand though is this the only Dealer behaving Like this?And are there any methods to Identify a Potentially Bad Dealer?
Imagine Paying 15+Lakhs for a Car and Servicing it at the Official Service Centre only to Run into this Problem.

I hope the Customer get's the issue resolved.
Have there been any Updates?
ICE_Swift is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 03:35   #4
BHPian

Orange Service Ltd. dealer is a big turn off. How dare the dealer say such things to a customer? TML better take up customer service seriously, else no matter how many fancy EVs or facelifts they launch, people would never trust this brand.

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th December 2022 at 11:07. Reason: typo
Sumedik is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 19:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti21 View Post

Well have experienced this first hand too, just had a word with my local dealer KHT Motors, Bangalore. Before I gave them the booking amount, I used to receive 2-3 calls a day for a week. Post making the booking I have so far received only one email as a confirmation (after 4 weeks of making the payment) that my booking is confirmed. There is no order / booking ID and the response from the dealer is pathetic to say the least. This evening again called KHT Motors to find out when test drive vehicle would be available and deliveries would start. This was their response "Sir, we have many customers who have booked before you and we have no information on both the aspects, tentative date of delivery beyond March". I then immediately called Key Motors, they at least had likely dates available. Delivery - starting in January 2023 and Test Drive from 24-25th of December. Not sure if they are providing these dates just to get a booking amount from the potential customer!

Just disappointed, must say Mahindra is at least way ahead to Tata when it comes to the booking experience! A lot for Tata to learn.
Mile10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 11:41   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nexon EV falls off carlift during service at Orange Auto, Hyderabad | No support from Tata or de

Thanks for sharing, ICE_Swift! Moving your post out to a new thread so as to warn others. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google. Will add to homepage later this week .

@ BHPians, if you should spot any noteworthy post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 11:52   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nexon EV falls off carlift during service at Orange Auto, Hyderabad | No support from Tata or de

Team BHP should take this up with Tata. No point wasting breath with that brazen dealer. This is as bad as it gets on A.S.S. and the dealer is actually holding the car as ransom!
V.Narayan is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 12:13   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Atrocious to say the least! Cannot believe Tata Motors and Orange is letting this fester. Just think of the number of eyeballs and negative perception created and exponentially spread to hundreds of potential buyers.

Shocking!
itwasntme is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 08:40   #9
BHPian

As a Hexa owner, and my brother who is also considering a Tata car as his first purchase, I'll swear off this brand and discourage every human I meet from buying a Tata car if Tata doesn't help out the owner in an open and shut case like this.

Tata, there is only so much shit you can get off with pulling on your customers. I haven't bothered commenting on the dealer cause I know where his brazen confidence is emanating from.
TROOPER is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 08:57   #10
BHPian

And somebody posted a JD Power customer satisfaction report in one of the threads recently which ranked Tata higher than Maruti Suzuki . Tata motors is an absolutely pathetic division, there was a video a couple of months back where the showroom staff beat up the customer for trying to record their incompetence.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 09:32   #11
KPR
BANNED

Oflate when I read/hear a horror story from ASC it is mostly Tata. There's a saying wife is always right. Thanks to my wife as she rightly rejected Tiago in 2016, Nexon in 2021.
KPR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 09:35   #12
BHPian

This and earlier experiences is why I'm never buying a Tata. I love the company and product, but the after sales experience can be bitter. I'd rather go in for good ol Maruti anytime!
unoczar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 09:42   #13
BHPian

I understand that the dealer is at fault. But claiming insurance is the right way to go about it. The car is insured for a reason. If we have an accident on the road, regardless of who's at fault, we claim insurance for repairs.

Dealer should as goodwill gesture give the owner some compensation for the loss of NCB.

That's just my opinion. What happens if the car doesn't have own damage cover?
vedirah is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 09:44   #14
BHPian

I am very interested to see how this works out. Are they even listening to what they are saying? Tata should suspend their dealership ASAP until the issue is resolved. Hope they tie up with some other manufacturer for service. Just like how they are letting SIA run their Airline division
Siddarth_Ramani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 09:46   #15
Senior - BHPian

I just wonder what other OEM's do when something like this happens; there must be a protocol for such events. That said claiming insurance would be the right way to go about it. It's a real horror story for the owner to see ones steed in such condition. From the looks of the Nexon it's sure to be a insurance write-off...

Last edited by Durango Dude : 8th December 2022 at 09:50.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks