Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2022, 09:46   #16
BHPian

Re: Nexon EV falls off carlift during service at Orange Auto, Hyderabad | No support from Tata or de

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE_Swift View Post
https://www.rushlane.com/amp/tata-ne...-12454255.html

Is this Real?
It seems the Car was Damaged as a result of Falling off the Car Lift and the Dealer and Tata Motors have refused to take responsibility.

Dealer has been asking Customer to Claim Insurance.
Last Tweet Screenshot shows that Tata Motors Customer Care Has responded but no Update Yet.
Another fail of Tata Motors and one need to distant themselves from companies like this, even though I have highest respect for anything Tata but not for Tata Motors. Imagine you put your life's savings to buy something, and then you have to run between poles for someone's mistake and go through this kind of mental agony.

I would not blame only the A-S-S and I am not surprised with their attitude as well, but Tata should have stepped in and resolve it quickly. Not having proper infrastructure to manage the Service and Tata not doing their part to make sure they do some QC/QA on their partners/dealers and fix it if something goes wrong is because of Tata. Majority dealers are there to make money and they go any extent to do that and do not care for Customers. I will ask my brother to not to consider Nexon EV, just to avoid T-A-S-S and it's unprofessional approach towards Customer Service.
sgmuser is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 09:53   #17
BHPian

Re: Nexon EV falls off carlift during service at Orange Auto, Hyderabad | No support from Tata or de

It has happened to a Hyundia Creta as well. During routine service, Creta fell 2 storeys into the Lift alley.

vaibhavyagnik is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 09:53   #18
BHPian

Its clearly a case of accident and not sabotage or arson, but the guilty party is the Dealership. Anyway there is insurance for the same purpose which should be duly claimed. But the dealership has no right to be arrogant. They should in all humility accept the mistake help the owner to repair the car properly, assist in claiming insurance and provide a loaner car till the vehicle is repaired, pay for the consumables and other incidentals over and above the insurance, and also bear the own damage part of the next years insurance as a compensation. TATA motors could play arbitrator in this case and make sure the dealership play fair.
aadya is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 10:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
I understand that the dealer is at fault. But claiming insurance is the right way to go about it. The car is insured for a reason. If we have an accident on the road, regardless of who's at fault, we claim insurance for repairs.

Dealer should as goodwill gesture give the owner some compensation for the loss of NCB.

That's just my opinion. What happens if the car doesn't have own damage cover?
The cause of the damage was the from the dealers end. I'm pretty sure they are responsible to deliver the car in the same condition or better as it was when handing over for service by the customer. Why should the customer foot the bill and claim insurance for a stupid mistake by the dealer? Also the words of the dealer is shocking that they can give such a statement. I'm wary of TASS now even in my locality

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 10:26   #20
BHPian

Even though the dealer had no right to be rude or arrogant about this, the mindset people have about claiming insurance is wrong most times. In case of an accident most people claim that it was not my fault so I will not claim the insurance. That’s not what exactly what the insurance is meant for. In case of an accident, especially when it’s such a major one, no matter who is at fault, insurance needs to be claimed. However in this case the dealer should at least offer to compensate for NCB or offer free service coupons to compensate the customer instead of telling him go complaint to Tata, we don’t care.
prateekchanana is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 11:16   #21
BHPian

Am not sure why the dealership is asking the customer to claim his insurance. Ideally, the dealership should have had its own insurance for damages to customer cars within its premises.

Am not sure how it is handled for other OEMs. Anyone with any experience, please elaborate.
darkfantasy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 11:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have firsthand experience of Tata and their poor attitude towards customers not just through dealership but also through Concorde Motors. They might have improved the overall product line but the very DNA of Tata Motors behaving like a “sarkari setup” has not changed. They have the audacity and cheek to make mockery of Mahindra on eVs but would not want to learn from Maruti or Toyota on customer centricity and tighter control on their dealer principals.
Our laws too are poor when it comes to protect a customer.
i74js is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 11:48   #23
BHPian

I have posted this earlier as well, stay away from TATA group products.

TATA group takes care of its employees well, so you will only hear good things from them about TATA group.

The customer care division that they have is only for regulatory requirements.

I have had multiple bad experiences dealing with them and I always advise people to stay away from TATA group products.

Apologies if it sounds like rants but it is what it is.

Regards
Brumby is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 12:30   #24

I can’t even begin to imagine the hardship the owner of the vehicle is going through. Paying 15+ Lakhs of their hard earned money for a car only for it to vanish in a careless incident by those they trusted to treat the car well.

I think it will be a good idea to have a system in place at least within our community where people can see any and all experiences others have had with a dealer so that they can make a more informed decision.

The reason dealers and manufacturers get away with this sort of behavior is primarily because a single post on a community like ours may not show up in front of any car buyer unless they specifically go looking for it. But if we have a popular system which consolidates all the incidents at a dealer, it will have an impact on their business and will force them to do right by their customers.
Apolo4409 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 14:29   #25
BHPian

Dealership should apologise for their mistake & offer the below as minimum:

- Request customer to claim insurance
- Offer to pay the deductible
- Offer to pay for the NCB loss customer will face next year when renewing the policy
- If customer doesn't have a zero dep policy, offer to pay the extra expenses incurred on the repair.

Instead of doing the above, they dare to threaten the customer. Don't they realise if we do not buy their products they have nothing to service & make a living. High time dealerships like these face the music.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 14:57   #26
BHPian

The dealer sure has the cheek to say what he did and Tata definitely has to show the dealer his place in the chain of command. Unfortunately for this very reason that customers shy away from brilliant Tata products and in sheer desperation and pressure I am sure they have to step up discounting and marketing costs. I am sure it can all arrive at an amicable solution with a litte talk. The customer support has to make its presence felt this time. Makes me also realise a brilliant decision I once took of skipping the Hexa for a Vcross. Honestly my decision only brought me happiness though sometimes I do eye a Hexa from the corner of my eye.
chef-de-jeep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 15:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
I understand that the dealer is at fault. But claiming insurance is the right way to go about it. The car is insured for a reason. If we have an accident on the road, regardless of who's at fault, we claim insurance for repairs.

Dealer should as goodwill gesture give the owner some compensation for the loss of NCB.

That's just my opinion. What happens if the car doesn't have own damage cover?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I just wonder what other OEM's do when something like this happens; there must be a protocol for such events. That said claiming insurance would be the right way to go about it. It's a real horror story for the owner to see ones steed in such condition. From the looks of the Nexon it's sure to be a insurance write-off...

Agreed, I am of the same opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
The cause of the damage was the from the dealers end. I'm pretty sure they are responsible to deliver the car in the same condition or better as it was when handing over for service by the customer. Why should the customer foot the bill and claim insurance for a stupid mistake by the dealer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfantasy View Post
Am not sure why the dealership is asking the customer to claim his insurance. Ideally, the dealership should have had its own insurance for damages to customer cars within its premises.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Dealership should apologise for their mistake & offer the below as minimum:

- Request customer to claim insurance
- Offer to pay the deductible
- Offer to pay for the NCB loss customer will face next year when renewing the policy
- If customer doesn't have a zero dep policy, offer to pay the extra expenses incurred on the repair.

Instead of doing the above, they dare to threaten the customer. Don't they realise if we do not buy their products they have nothing to service & make a living. High time dealerships like these face the music.
We would think this is how it should be, but if we read the fine print on the job card that we all sign, you'll realize that they are not liable for accidents that may happen on their premises. After all, it is a Motor car that is insured. That said, I wholeheartedly agree that the dealership and Tata Motors should be considerate to a customer who has been agonized for no fault of his and for the accident that happened on their premises for their staff's negligence. Loss of NCB is one of the biggest concern besides reliability going forward.

What a company does under such circumstances will eventually earn them trust in the consumers, brand loyalty which in turn will result in sales.

Sigh! Tata may not be on that path yet. I hope Tata takes note of this incident and engages for a fair resolution.
Old 8th December 2022, 16:50   #28
BHPian

I will not recommend any Tata products (In India) for the following reasons

1. The products are not reliable.
2. Tata Motors' passenger vehicle division is still under that truck mindset. And they also deal with the customers like that.
3. There are only a handful of dealers/dealer mechanics in the entire country who first understands the issue. Fixing is the next thing.
4. The ASS experience is horrible. More or less, Tata will be last if even rank the OEMs from best to worst.
5. While the products are potentially good, it's their mindset and their manufacturing process that spoil the whole game. Added to it is the TML dealer network's poor customer experience.

Having associated with the Tata family for the past 13 years, and with a recent (3 years) addition and deletion of its flagship model, I now burnt my entire body, not just my fingers.

The maintenance cost, time, energy, and more than anything the hassle of dealing with Tata Motors and its dealers are definitely not worth it. It will definitely take a toll on you as a customer.

The only solution is to make our consumer protection laws stronger while making sure that it is implemented and executed as well. The stronger the punishment/penalizing, the more issues will reduce.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 17:09   #29
BHPian

Yet another Tata ASS horror story. Was in the market for a new SUV. Had a look at all available options in the market except the Harrier/ Safari twins. Despite the fact that I am eligible for discounts on Tata vehicles. The products are good but with the poor QC frequent service centre visits are pretty much guaranteed.
sharad_kmc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 17:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I just wonder what other OEM's do when something like this happens; there must be a protocol for such events. That said claiming insurance would be the right way to go about it. It's a real horror story for the owner to see ones steed in such condition. From the looks of the Nexon it's sure to be a insurance write-off...
Recently there were reports that a dealer crashed a customer's Sonet which went for service. As per news reports, the dealer initially refused to repair the vehicle and asked the customer to claim insurance. Once Kia got involved, things got rolling pretty fast and the customer was apparently given a new Sonet.

https://www.cartoq.com/kia-motors-re...the-car-video/

Shortly after this incident, there was another report of another Sonet. I do not know what happened later in this case though.

https://www.cartoq.com/service-cente...eel-alignment/

On a side note, what is it with dealers crashing customer's vehicle these days? We have reports of 2 Sonets, a Creta and a Nexon within a short span.

On another unrelated note, my cousin's Nexon is at this very Orange service center for the past 10 days for a minor fender bender (for insurance claim) collecting dust. They have no clue on when the parts will arrive or when they would begin work. The initial estimate given was 10 days.
furyrider is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks