Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2022, 14:52   #46
BHPian

Re: BMW i4 electric sedan India unveiling on April 28. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 69.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by techbro View Post
Why don't they assemble it here ASAP and sell it at 40L on-road price instead of waiting till the government starts taxing the EVs at the same rate as ICE? I really don't understand why are companies so out of touch with the ground reality.
You need to setup an assembly line, which involves cost. Without someone testing the waters, how can they justify the initial cost. They will introduce via CBU and then based on feedback, they will go ahead with the future plans.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 15:23   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW i4 electric sedan India unveiling on April 28. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 69.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
I am amazed to see the comparison between BMW and Kia. Are EVs the new leveling fields between Big 3 and also ran Koreans worldwide?
This has to do with the overall package that Kia has offered. The brand name definitely plays a lot and one of the reasons, I will pick an i4 over an EV6. Frankly, it's too early to see how Kia performs in the long run here, with a heavy load of batteries, this is not a typical IC engine base setup. Also, sales and service or overall experience of Kia is vastly different over EU. When I went to see the EV6, the crowd at the showroom was overwhelming. Though the interiors are nice but overall it was like a roadside eatery. Immediately after I went to Porsche and it was like walking into an Oberoi property

Quote:
And I guess this pricing will serve as a decent rap on Kia's knuckles who has started behaving in an arrogant manner due to string of successful launches.
Kia wanted to show a premium product and with the kind of media coverage they have got, it should serve their purpose. They may not be able to undercut the BMW prices by much but selling 100 cars at nil profits will not hurt them.

Quote:
Rs 3 Lacs booking amount and Rs 50K cancellation charges even without disclosing prices
Must be to get only serious advances. 50K was mostly negotiable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
So that makes it 75.89L ideally speaking. Does it offer any more packages? I wonder why companies don't give us options with CBUs.
There are no packages but you can order optional accessories, details are in the brochure.

Limited quantities are the reason why we cannot get built to spec for such launches. Otherwise, you can configure most CBUs as you want (mostly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by techbro View Post
Why don't they assemble it here ASAP and sell it at 40L on-road price instead of waiting till the government starts taxing the EVs at the same rate as ICE? I really don't understand why are companies so out of touch with the ground reality.
BMW must have paid 60% customs and to reduce this to around 25% which is the duty on SKD/ CKD kits, they have to do a lot. Not worthwhile. Frankly, if BMW has a target to sell 1000 of each every month at 50 Lac, there may not be enough volumes. That's the reason, Tesla is shying away. And as seen in the past, how can the manufacturer invest if there are no commitments. Today, the GST is 5% and say one year down the lane, someone decided that this benefit has to be applicable only on cars costing less than X amount9Say 20Lac) and on balance regular or 25% GST will be applicable - then what do you do?

As mentioned elsewhere, we need to come out of this mentality of taxing service class, cars cannot be continued to be taxed with sin luxury taxes forever.

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th May 2022 at 15:28.
Turbanator is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 22:32   #48
BHPian

I was actually planning to buy an M340i xdrive in december. But was waiting for the i4 pricing seeing the review abroad and good range.

Since BMW priced it well below my expectation, I booked BMW i4 with M kit. I am willing to wait till December for delivery since I was planning to buy only by that time.

I came to know 190-speed limiter only a day before. Though i have only touched 190 once or twice while driving, it's not a deal-breaker but i don't know why they should limit the speed, they could have limited it to 220.
drsvijay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 23:19   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Are EVs the new leveling fields between Big 3 and also ran Koreans worldwide?
Worldwide, I don't think so. There are still some 3000 engine bay fires under investigation by NHTSA. They did class action lawsuit settlement for $760M, but there have been many fires after this settlement. The issue is still unresolved after a recall involving millions of vehicles.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/h...-fire-lawsuit/
Their brand value in Europe, Japan, China and US is nothing compared to what it is in India. Kudos to their marketing teams.
Old 2nd June 2022, 12:04   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
This has to do with the overall package that Kia has offered. The brand name definitely plays a lot and one of the reasons, I will pick an i4 over an EV6. Frankly, it's too early to see how Kia performs in the long run here, with a heavy load of batteries, this is not a typical IC engine base setup. Also, sales and service or overall experience of Kia is vastly different over EU. When I went to see the EV6, the crowd at the showroom was overwhelming. Though the interiors are nice but overall it was like a roadside eatery. Immediately after I went to Porsche and it was like walking into an Oberoi property
Who comes up with all these taxes? Like are there people in a room who say that we need to tax 28% GST + 22% CESS on ex-factory price and then again charge 20% road tax on the final value? Like who are these people and how do they even get hired as policymakers? Don't they have an ounce of moral fiber within them? They are literally robbing people at the point of a gun. This is no different from a gangster asking to be paid for "protection".

If their argument is that a car is a luxury, then why not be philosophically consistent? Every house that measures more than 20x30 and has more than one floor is a luxury. Then why not tax construction and land price of every sq.foot more than 20x30 at 100%?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd June 2022 at 12:23. Reason: Quote content trimmed
techbro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 09:38   #51
BHPian

Is there any information on when the Demo cars are going to be made available in the showrooms? I reached out to my dealer in Bangalore and they have not been able to give any useful information.
Old 29th June 2022, 14:07   #52
BHPian

I booked i4 last month paying a booking amount. Just today got the information that delivery will take 6 months, most probably next year.

I am told,BMW M340i Jahre edition will be delivered in August.
drsvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 10:42   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
I was actually planning to buy an M340i xdrive in december. But was waiting for the i4 pricing seeing the review abroad and good range.

Since BMW priced it well below my expectation, I booked BMW i4 with M kit. I am willing to wait till December for delivery since I was planning to buy only by that time.
Quote:
I booked i4 last month paying a booking amount. Just today got the information that delivery will take 6 months, most probably next year.

Does the delivery time going to sway you back to M340i? Or you still would like to hold to i4 booking given that i4 is easily 8~9L cheaper than M340i and matches more or less with your timeline?

Last edited by carthick1000 : 30th June 2022 at 10:50.
Old 30th June 2022, 23:11   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Does the delivery time going to sway you back to M340i? Or you still would like to hold to i4 booking given that i4 is easily 8~9L cheaper than M340i and matches more or less with your timeline?
i always wanted to buy M340i, since the launch of i4, I wanted to go electric.
I am willing to wait for i4.
drsvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 17:05   #55

Quote:

Hello,

Did you book it online or in the dealership ? Also did you do it on the launch day?
Old 1st July 2022, 22:32   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anishpraji View Post
Hello,

Did you book it online or in the dealership ? Also did you do it on the launch day?
I couldn't book online because of technical issue, i asked the dealership to do it. Yes i booked it on the launch day. If the price was above 80 lakhs i would have booked M340i.

Sales guy informed me there were around 30 bookings from TN itself.

Last edited by drsvijay : 1st July 2022 at 22:35.
Old 2nd July 2022, 15:45   #57

Quote:
I couldn't book online because of technical issue, i asked the dealership to do it. Yes i booked it on the launch day. If the price was above 80 lakhs i would have booked M340i.

Sales guy informed me there were around 30 bookings from TN itself.
I actually did my booking a couple of days before the launch date, the allotment is done I believe. But not sure when the deliveries will start, hopefully in July or August.
Old 2nd July 2022, 23:13   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anishpraji View Post
I actually did my booking a couple of days before the launch date, the allotment is done I believe. But not sure when the deliveries will start, hopefully in July or August.
How is possible to book before the launch date ? Have you got allotment number? I have been informed delivery will be after december. No order number as of now.
Old 3rd July 2022, 07:42   #59
Team-BHP Support

Those were sort of unofficial by dealerships. Actual bookings at dealerships opened on same day when they announced through website. In fact there was some glitches on the opening day. Dealerships were probably allocated some cars and they would have made their own priority lists.

Most of the bookings are like this, crazy times. I have been also told that cars will be available post December except a couple which are in transit. Same situation on iX also, hardly any deliveries.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 12:13   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Those were sort of unofficial by dealerships. Actual bookings at dealerships opened on same day when they announced through website. In fact there was some glitches on the opening day. Dealerships were probably allocated some cars and they would have made their own priority lists.

Most of the bookings are like this, crazy times. I have been also told that cars will be available post-December except for a couple which are in transit. Same situation on iX also, hardly any deliveries.
i did not know this, I thought booking can be done on the launch date. I am in no hurry to change my car, so I am planning to wait.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks