Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2024, 16:58   #796

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
I have 120 kms daily commute. 80% highway and 20% city.
Ok, isn't 60% consumption for 120km like on the high side?
What remains is just 40% or roughly 80km out of which 10% would be unusable, right? Or maybe its the summer with AC load that skews things badly.
Old 29th April 2024, 17:15   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
Ok, isn't 60% consumption for 120km like on the high side?
What remains is just 40% or roughly 80km out of which 10% would be unusable, right? Or maybe its the summer with AC load that skews things badly.
This is on par for the Tiago. 2 kms for ever 1% SOC is a good rough estimate with AC on.
coldice4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 17:17   #798
Senior - BHPian

I find the Brakes on my Tiago EV to be quite Sharp. Sometimes it feels disconcerting and quite dangerous specially on Panic Braking.

Will replacing the Brake Pads improve the Braking Feel??
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 17:22   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
I find the Brakes on my Tiago EV to be quite Sharp. Sometimes it feels disconcerting and quite dangerous specially on Panic Braking.

Will replacing the Brake Pads improve the Braking Feel??
Some possibilities

1. Are you driving at very high regen level ? High regen + brake makes things verysharp. I do not like anything beyond level 1 on my Nexon EV (unless going down some very steep slopes.

2. Was your previous car a Maruti ? Mine was a Zen whose brakes were very "spongy". I had to retrain my self to be light on the brakes when I started out on Nexon.
electric_eel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 18:22   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_eel View Post
Some possibilities

1. Are you driving at very high regen level ? High regen + brake makes things verysharp. I do not like anything beyond level 1 on my Nexon EV (unless going down some very steep slopes.
I use Gen Level 2 Mostly.

But I doubt its because of the Regen Level. I am not confident of my Car's braking even 1 or 0 Level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_eel View Post
2. Was your previous car a Maruti ? Mine was a Zen whose brakes were very "spongy". I had to retrain my self to be light on the brakes when I started out on Nexon.
My last car was in fact a Chevrolet Spark. I had driven the Ford Figo once and was very impressed with its Brake Feel.
Old 30th April 2024, 11:15   #801
BHPian

I think there is something wrong with the keyless entry request sensor on my car. On my Grand i10 and Brezza, this works flawlessly. On the Tiago, it is close to useless :
  1. The car won't unlock unless I have the fob very close to the sensor. I have to turn and keep my trouser pocket facing the door if the sensor has to pick up the key.
  2. The car sometimes think I have left the key fob inside and keep blaring the horn. This has put me on embarrassing situations several times (think of no horn zones like a hospital). They should have used a chime through speakers instead of the horn. I would have given this one a pass if it worked as intended - the stupid thing won't detect that the key is in my pocket.
I can't imagine how these guys got the fundamentals of a now ubiquitous tech wrong. Either the engineering/product teams at Tata lack the depth when it comes to tech or they tried to cut corners. Perhaps it is both in case of Tata.
Old 30th April 2024, 11:32   #802

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
Insane heat wave man, today our car's AC was making insane noise while driving. I switched it off for some and started again and that noise was gone.

NGL was scared a bit with that roaring vibrating noise coming from the front. Its showing 43deg C. in the dashboard.

Has to be the coolants and AC working intensely.
Thank god it's not only me. I got really worried yesterday afternoon because of that insane noise and vibration coming in and I could narrow it down its due to the cooling motor as it would tame down after I switch off the AC for a few seconds. But also weirdly it goes immediately if you shut the car.

I am still thinking of getting it checked at the service centre but seeing the posts here by multiple members I believe there's nothing to fix and it's just how it's designed/engineered.

I wonder if Nexon EV owners faced the same or a lesser quality system was used in Tiago EV
Nd-gtr2014 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 12:49   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nd-gtr2014 View Post
Thank god it's not only me. I got really worried yesterday afternoon because of that insane noise and vibration coming in and I could narrow it down its due to the cooling motor as it would tame down after I switch off the AC for a few seconds. But also weirdly it goes immediately if you shut the car.

I wonder if Nexon EV owners faced the same or a lesser quality system was used in Tiago EV
I experienced this with Punch Ev and was planning to sum up my experience in another thread. My best guess is that the battery system heats up and the compressor runs in full force trying to cool the battery down. This is due to the heatwave and high ambient temperatures exceeding 42* in the places I am visiting / staying. It seems to start when the vehicle slows down and we can hear the compressor hum and also feel in the accelerator pedal with also some loss of power. First time it happened, I was worried and stopped to see what was the issue. The entire bonnet was very hot trying to radiate heat from the battery. The assumption was confirmed as I could see that ~10-15% current is being spent on a category called 'battery conditioning' even though it switched on only for around 15-20 mins. We have to watch out for hot conditions as this takes up power and can reduce the available range.
camaroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 08:54   #804
BHPian

Range Drop after 1 year full service.

All, sorry if its a repeat post discussed earlier. On my 1 year service, the SA did a software upgrade of the Infotainment system and VSC or VCS. After this I have the range drop almost about 20%.
My drive is mostly city and on highway once a week. When the car is charged at 100% it is at the range of 232-256 without AC and charge when its less than 35% due to extended distance travel I always end up before the charge is less than 25%.

After service the range is 188km without AC and once I got 212km. The AEC is always showing above 140 kwh/km. I did a efficient driving test and drove 50km on a highway with cruise control at 60km/h speed without AC. WIth this style of driving i usually get AEC drop to 90-100 kwh/km but now it struggled to drop below 129 kwh/km.

I have raised this concern to SA. He said we have to drive once in a way to get below 120 AEC and the car will get tuned back. I am not sure I can achieve that. In this summer with just 1 bar acceleration without AC was a mountain task for me to achieve to only get 129.

So the question is, has any one faced this issue before.
We did have a good number of posts earlier where we seem to accept to the fact that the real world range is 2*%. so the max we. get is 200km. I had settled for 180 also but real range has dropped to 150 now which I feel is too bad.

I also recorded a time where the range kept dropping 1 km for every 300mts drive. I am sure something is broken for me here.. Just seeing if I'm the only one.
Old 3rd May 2024, 09:07   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
Range Drop after 1 year full service.

All, sorry if its a repeat post discussed earlier. On my 1 year service, the SA did a software upgrade of the Infotainment system and VSC or VCS. After this I have the range drop almost about 20%.
My drive is mostly city and on highway once a week. When the car is charged at 100% it is at the range of 232-256 without AC and charge when its less than 35% due to extended distance travel I always end up before the charge is less than 25%.

After service the range is 188km without AC and once I got 212km. The AEC is always showing above 140 kwh/km. I did a efficient driving test and drove 50km on a highway with cruise control at 60km/h speed without AC. WIth this style of driving i usually get AEC drop to 90-100 kwh/km but now it struggled to drop below 129 kwh/km.

I have raised this concern to SA. He said we have to drive once in a way to get below 120 AEC and the car will get tuned back. I am not sure I can achieve that. In this summer with just 1 bar acceleration without AC was a mountain task for me to achieve to only get 129.

So the question is, has any one faced this issue before.
We did have a good number of posts earlier where we seem to accept to the fact that the real world range is 2*%. so the max we. get is 200km. I had settled for 180 also but real range has dropped to 150 now which I feel is too bad.

I also recorded a time where the range kept dropping 1 km for every 300mts drive. I am sure something is broken for me here.. Just seeing if I'm the only one.

It's mostly the summer heat. We all have reduced range If you don't turn on AC, THE COOLING system will turn on to cool down the battery in this heat. You might be able to hear a loud noise from the radiator fan when the cooling system is running.

And the range shown in the screen is not the actual range as you already know. I usually get an aec of 110 on my Tiago but the least has been over 125-130 these days due to the excessive heat.
vj_v3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 15:54   #806
BHPian

Tata Tiago Electric Review-e2d4e95311ea4f1d890c7112028a8736.jpg

Straight out of the Tiago.EV owner's manual page no.7 .... regarding excessive noise coming from front grill due to high temperatures right now in our country.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-2022tatatiagoev04.jpg

I have another question though, the 2 coolants we see inside when we open the hood, aren't they supposed to be the only one cooling the battery? How does Air Conditioner control battery temperature ?
Old 3rd May 2024, 16:05   #807
BHPian

Yeah range drop during this heatwave is too much. I also living with 160-170 aec when I earlier used to average 110-120. And yes after the SW update there is considerable drop in range but there is no way I can prove it to the SA. They will just complain on the heat wave and driving style.
Old 3rd May 2024, 16:43   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post

I have another question though, the 2 coolants we see inside when we open the hood, aren't they supposed to be the only one cooling the battery? How does Air Conditioner control battery temperature ?
There is some intelligent design of thermal management in EV's. Not an expert myself but google EV Active liquid cooling and you will find some articles that might explain this better. The coolant is passed through the AC's heat exchange somehow before passing through the battery pack.
vj_v3 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks