Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2024, 18:15   #451
BHPian

Re: MG Comet EV Review

Attaching the invoice of Puchku's 5000 kms service. Comet EV Reducer Oil 75W - 90 cost being Rs 990.

This is the first expense towards maintenance, incurred in the 7161 kms I have driven.

INVOICE.pdf

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th February 2024 at 18:17. Reason: Personal info hidden on attachment. Thanks.
ALTIMAed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 18:59   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheepmaurya View Post
Hi Guys. Just got my Comet delivered last week and after driving for the week I realised that the steering controls for Volume, Track change, Assistant are malfunctioning and not working properly. I must have checked during PDI but missed it.
Now went to service center and they said 3 more customers had same issue and they need to replace the whole steering. They have placed order for part for all customers and will call once they are delivered for Replacement.
People in this forum should know this info if they face this issue.
I am facing this exact same issue since delivery last sunday. Thank you for this info. I will take my car to the service centre and get it addressed
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 19:29   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Attachment 2570862

Attaching the invoice of Puchku's 5000 kms service. Comet EV Reducer Oil 75W - 90 cost being Rs 990.

This is the first expense towards maintenance, incurred in the 7161 kms I have driven.

I am curious about this oil change. Is it part of the regularly consumed, or changed frequently?
Shouldn't it be for the lifetime of the vehicle, similar to how the transmission fluid is for a regular ICE engine car?
kosjam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 18:36   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosjam View Post
I am curious about this oil change. Is it part of the regularly consumed, or changed frequently?
Shouldn't it be for the lifetime of the vehicle, similar to how the transmission fluid is for a regular ICE engine car?
Before I gave Puchku for the 5K service, on the digital owner's manual, I checked what jobs they shall be undertaking. There it is clearly mentioned 'rear differential oil change'.

5K kms / 80K kms - Reducer fluid replacement
30K kms / 60K kms - Brake Fluid replacement
10K kms / 50K kms - A/c filter element replacement

OWNER MANUAL.pdf
Old 9th February 2024, 18:48   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
I am facing this exact same issue since delivery last sunday. Thank you for this info. I will take my car to the service centre and get it addressed
On 11th Nov 23, when I took delivery of my Comet, the left side button was not working (rendering myself not able to view the page on which the trip meter is displayed. During the 1000 kms service, it was rectified.
Old 9th February 2024, 20:52   #456
BANNED

Re: Going Carbon Neutral with an MG Comet Pace: Initial Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkone1 View Post
We were in the market to buy a car to complement our VW Taigun for the city runabout. My mom would majorly use this car to replace her trusty Activa, and it needed to be a small city car as she feels uncomfortable parking the Taigun in tight parking spots and taking it on busy streets. We were also looking for an electric car over an ICE one.

So that you know – that's it for now. Our Chotu Comet has already done 200+ km with zero emissions within a week of purchase, and I plan on updating my findings and experience regarding the car over here.
Good choice, I am also planning to buy but i have a doubt, how to access trip meter in base variant of mg comet .

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Thanks!

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th February 2024 at 21:41.
Old 10th February 2024, 16:13   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by sripal88 View Post
Good choice, I am also planning to buy but i have a doubt, how to access trip meter in base variant of mg comet .

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Thanks!
There's a 'RESET' button (pictured below) beside the TPMS button on the right side of the steering wheel. Pressing it cycles through the trip and odometers.

Hope this helps!

MG Comet EV Review-whatsapp-image-20240210-2.43.35-pm.jpeg
cvkone1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 16:46   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
The invoice has your name and address mentioned. Better to blank that out before uploading on social media.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkone1 View Post
There's a 'RESET' button (pictured below) beside the TPMS button on the right side of the steering wheel. Pressing it cycles through the trip and odometers.

Hope this helps!

Attachment 2571376
The variant shown is the Pace (base) variant. In the Play (mid) and Plush (top) variant, the odometer is reset is done using the reset button on the vehicle setting option on the infotainment system.
ALTIMAed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 23:53   #459

Quote:
On 11th Nov 23, when I took delivery of my Comet, the left side button was not working (rendering myself not able to view the page on which the trip meter is displayed. During the 1000 kms service, it was rectified.
Do you know if the round button on the left side of the steering does anything? Or is it a dummy button?
Attached Images

Old 13th February 2024, 09:33   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax336 View Post
Do you know if the round button on the left side of the steering does anything? Or is it a dummy button?
OWNER MANUAL.pdf

Kindly find attached the Owner's Manual. Refer page number 26 of the manual (not of the pc or laptop screen). As per the manual, it is not a dummy, unfortunately in my car, it is not working, need to get it checked during the 10,000 kms service. Thanks for the heads up. Man, each day I seem to be learning something unique about the Comet (blame it on myself being old school)
Old 13th February 2024, 09:52   #461

Quote:
Attachment 2572161

Kindly find attached the Owner's Manual. Refer page number 26 of the manual (not of the pc or laptop screen). As per the manual, it is not a dummy, unfortunately in my car, it is not working, need to get it checked during the 10,000 kms service. Thanks for the heads up. Man, each day I seem to be learning something unique about the Comet (blame it on myself being old school)
I saw the function mentioned in the owners manual. It doesn't work in my car too.

Had asked them to check during the 1000km service. The service centre checked with MG and told me that, "even though it is shown as having a function in the manual, it unfortunately does not support the feature mentioned". I find that a bit weird but anyways I let it slide for the moment. I will try to email MG or try to get a written statement for the same.

This was in Kerala. Please do check with your services centre too.
Old 13th February 2024, 11:47   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Had asked them to check during the 1000km service. The service centre checked with MG and told me that, "even though it is shown as having a function in the manual, it unfortunately does not support the feature mentioned". I find that a bit weird but anyways I let it slide for the moment. I will try to email MG or try to get a written statement for the same.

This was in Kerala. Please do check with your services centre too.
Please call 1800 100 6464 - this is the number of the MG call center which is named Pulse Hub. The guyz there are very customer centric and am pretty sure shall direct you to the right person to resolve the query. The 2nd option being, while inside the car, you may press the icall button, you shall get a call back from Pulse Hub. Hope they are able to help.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th February 2024 at 10:06. Reason: Fixed quotes
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 16:20   #463
BANNED

Hi,
I heard there were discounts on the current models.
Today checked the MG Comet prices by call.

Coimbatore on road price now inclusive of accessories, Fast tag, Insurance, Registration.
PACE - 758610
PLAY - 851193
PLUSH - 923847
dmaheshkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 11:54   #464
BHPian

We have booked an MG Comet EV Play version in Bangalore.
Wanted to check if there's any PDI document for EV vehicles.
How do I make sure that the car has not been run too much before I pick up the car.
I'll be asking the sales person to share the VIN number before taking the car for registration.

Thank you.
Old 15th February 2024, 12:45   #465

Re: MG Comet EV Review after 7000 km use in Chandigarh

MG Comet: 7,000 km Later, a City EV Delight!

Hey Team BHP! I'm back with a review of my MG Comet Plush (Black, of course!) after 7,000 kms of city adventures. Let me tell you, this little electric wonder has exceeded expectations and become my daily driver, leaving my Kia Seltos (amazing car though it is) gathering dust.

Built to Conquer the City: From pouring rain to modest hills and slightly broken roads, the Comet has handled it all with aplomb. The build quality is impressive, with no rattles, squeaks, or loose bolts even after some rough patches. Servicing? A breeze compared to my Seltos! Fewer moving parts = less cost, a win-win for any EV owner.

Turning Heads, Everywhere: The Comet's compact size and eye-catching design make it a scene-stealer. It's a "born EV," maximizing space with its clever layout. Large windows offer fantastic visibility, and the cute key, spacious legroom (even in the back!), and lovely 2024-inspired interiors make every ride enjoyable. Bonus points for the cool OTA updates – feels like having a computer on wheels!

City Slicker's Dream: Parking? No problem! The Comet squeezes into tight spots and zips through traffic with ease. Its lightweight nature is a joy, making manoeuvring a breeze. The range varies based on driving style:

Conservative: Up to 180 km
Regular: Up to 150 km
Heater/AC: 120 km (though essential to avoid fogging!)
Easter Egg: On my wife's birthday (it is her car) the car wished her Happy Birthday and played a small instrumental jingle every time we started the car

Room for Improvement: No car is perfect, and the Comet has its quirks:
  • Bluetooth: Flaky connection, disconnects too often.
  • AC/Heater: The L2 to L3 jump is drastic, making the car uncomfortably warm quickly.
  • Regeneration: Randomly stops working, especially on mornings or after bumps.
  • Under-thigh support: Lacking for long journeys (>1 hour).
  • Glove box: Missed, though the niches help.
  • Light interior: Requires frequent cleaning. Dark fabric option needed!
  • Driver screen: Wasted space, could display more data.

But the good FAR outweighs the bad!
The Verdict:

The MG Comet is an almost perfect city car, especially as a second car with access to overnight charging. It's a joy to drive, packed with features, and offers a glimpse into the future of autonomous EVs. If you're looking for a stylish, convenient, and environmentally friendly city runabout, look no further! Remember, the Feb 2024 discount makes it even more attractive.

Neutral Points:
  • Fast charging: Useful but not essential, regular charging suffices.
  • Shock absorbers: Adequate for the wheel size, but not exceptional.
  • Acceleration: Modest compared to some rivals.
  • Price: Acceptable with the discount, considering features and subsidies.
  • Driving modes: Moderately helpful.

Overall, I'm thrilled with the MG Comet! It's a game-changer, and I can't wait to see where the future of EVs takes us.

What do you think? Ask me anything in the comments below!

P.S. I added some pictures to my review on Team BHP, check them out!
Attached Thumbnails
MG Comet EV Review-20240214_142817.jpg  

MG Comet EV Review-20240214_142825.jpg  

MG Comet EV Review-20240131_191405.jpg  

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th February 2024 at 13:02. Reason: Please use the inbuilt bullet points option to format the points instead of using special characters such as *, #, &, etc
GOLU is offline   (24) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks