Old 21st March 2024, 22:29   #481
BHPian

Re: MG Comet EV Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanMahantesh View Post

Should I Buy The MG Comet?

Hello!

This is my first post on TeamBHP!

My family is in a very confused state on buying a comet and I would like to get the views of the various comet owners and other TeamBHP members for the same.

Well, here is my situation: We have a Honda City at home, which is usually used for short trips and highway drives. (The comet will majorly be used for urban driving only, and the Honda City will be used for the long trips).

I would love to know all of your thoughts on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItSimple View Post
I had a similar situation and the driver is my wife.

She liked the high seating position, great road visibility, short turning radius, easy maneuvering of the comet. The dislikes were excessive glare from the large glass area, lack of underthigh support in the seating, rear view mirror limited visibility.

The positives were greater and like you the middle model was chosen. She is quite happy with the car now.

Please take the test drives of your shortlisted cars.

Best wishes.
For me, similar situation to both of you. We already had a Honda City 4th Gen and the new driver is my wife. MG Comet is a great second car. We love the overall interior quality, huge glass area and ease of maneuverability. It is our go-to car for school pick-drop runs, office commute and indiranagar ice cream runs.

Our Honda City is now used only for airport pick/drops and social events or for picnic highway trips. New Comet is even better with rear disc, ESP, electric brakes, auto fold mirror, fast charging, creep function and at a better price- we miss all this in our two month old Comet Plush.

What we have never missed is that we could have instead got a Tiago EV. That thought will go out of the window when you will find curious stares at the first signal after you take your Comet's delivery . Its a rare car on Bangalore roads and unlike anything
InControl is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 22:43   #482

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...x%2Dshowroom).

is there any truth in above news article ?
this would be highly disappointing for comet buyers who are still sitting on the fence.
tough times ahead for comet nameplate in my opinion.
Old 22nd March 2024, 16:59   #483
BHPian

Imagine the pressure the Business Line article puts on Gensol which is making even more unique car (it will have 3 wheels i.e. 2 front wheels and 1 rear wheel)
Old 22nd March 2024, 19:38   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnftech View Post
https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...x%2Dshowroom).

is there any truth in above news article ?
this would be highly disappointing for comet buyers who are still sitting on the fence.
tough times ahead for comet nameplate in my opinion.
I call it BS, since its launch in June 2023, it has been selling anwhere between 600 to 1000 units a month. Its close to 1000 units a month after the price cuts.

Also its CKD unit, a typical car carrying ship can transport 4000+, D segment size cars in one ship. May be they are talking about the imports of CKD and it got lost in translation.

Last edited by DIY410 : 22nd March 2024 at 19:41.
DIY410 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 12:57   #485
BHPian

Quote:

Should I Buy The MG Comet?

I am worried about the fact that i could miss out on a Tiago EV just because of the space constraint that we have. Is it justified for us to spend about 8.5L for a MG Comet just because it fits right in the space available instead of the Tiago EV considering the aftermarket servicing, fear of product being discontinued and the lack of spares in the future? (The comet will majorly be used for urban driving only, and the Honda City will be used for the long trips).

Comet would be the best choice for your usage.
Also , you should be least bothered about missing out on a Tata , Tata EVs (not that their ICEs are the most reliable either ) are plagued with quality issues. Please go through the long term reviews on respective threads to know the perils of being a Tata EV owner.
AjinkyaP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 14:39   #486

Has anyone seen or taken delivery of the 2024 Fast Charging models yet?

Curious about real world charging speeds, especially for say a 30 minute or 1 hour charge.
Old 3rd April 2024, 13:52   #487
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindFreak9874 View Post
Has anyone seen or taken delivery of the 2024 Fast Charging models yet?

Curious about real world charging speeds, especially for say a 30 minute or 1 hour charge.
I think they are just proving the Fast Chargers which was used in MG ZS EV.
And they informed its about 3 to 3.5 hours for full charge it seems.

But not sure how this will decrease the battery life.
dmaheshkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 19:05   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj3kdell View Post
This doesn't offer DC (CCS) fast charging, only AC fast charging (upto 7.4w only), ..... auto fold orvms and "creep" function, ....
I noticed they have also made extra room for keeping small items by replacing Hand Brake with Electronic Parking Brake which is also cool. I feel more cheated day by day. :( MG are you listening?
raj3kdell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 11:50   #489
BHPian

So dad finalised on the comet to replace the scooter and we’re picking up the base (pace or executive) variant.
Getting it at 7.8L on road Hyderabad with free insurance. Not taking any accessories except mats, guess sunshades aren’t really available now. No other accessories right now. Somewhere I feel they will try to push pace at discounts soon as Executive will be delivered soon. Oh well, I’m biting that bullet right now.

So coming to my queries- I ordered the DDPAI Mola E3 dash cam and need ideas on installation of the rear camera. The crucial part is connecting the red/black wire to the reverse signal. Any help here will be amazing since I’ve seen MG gives dealer fitted rear camera and I hate that separate screen. How did the dealer fit that? From where did they get the wiring done? I’m raking my brain for that.

Also any ideas on the sun shades/curtains? I hope to support the poor AC in cooling the cabin sooner.

Attaching some accessories brochure. Looks like we will be getting some armrests and sunshades in the future.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf COMET ACCESSORIES PRICE LIST 2023(OCT).pdf (69.0 KB, 52 views)
File Type: pdf Annexure 2- Comet EV Accessories FABE (8).pdf (10.20 MB, 47 views)

Last edited by AjayV : 7th April 2024 at 11:52. Reason: Attachments
AjayV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 14:02   #490
BHPian

There’s also one other query that just came to my mind, the pace variant comes with only one key. Any ideas on second key for the same.
This is a too cheap a move for cost cutting from MG IMO.
Old 8th April 2024, 18:33   #491
BHPian

@RohamMahantesh, We considered buying the Comet about a month ago, but we instead ended up buying the Spresso, and we are quite pleased with it. But I would still recommend you get the Comet (whatever model), as in Bangalore parking is a HUGE problem, and the Comet won't have much trouble in that department. It's perfect for the city.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th April 2024 at 19:38. Reason: spell
chetan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 01:20   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post
S
Getting it at 7.8L on road Hyderabad with free insurance.
Hey may I know the dealership?
I'm trying to close play (mid variant) for 8.8 (1st vehicle) and the Gachibowli dealer is not budging.

What are you planning for the HUF? Can we install aftermarket system, I'd love to have carplay and have reverse camera connected to it.Shouldn't cost more than 20k and if there's a possibility to fix this, I'd gladly opt for a pace variant at 7.8
Old 9th April 2024, 10:34   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan88 View Post
Hey may I know the dealership?
I'm trying to close play (mid variant) for 8.8 (1st vehicle) and the Gachibowli dealer is not budging.

What are you planning for the HUF? Can we install aftermarket system, I'd love to have carplay and have reverse camera connected to it.Shouldn't cost more than 20k and if there's a possibility to fix this, I'd gladly opt for a pace variant at 7.8
Well, I’m buying from PPS in Nagole. What deal are you getting? Maybe we can team up and ask for a better deal?

I’ll be visiting them this Saturday to ensure everything is in order for a Monday delivery.
We can catch up if you’re okay.

I’ve bought the DDPAI Mola E3. I didn’t like the additional screen on the dash. Also the reverse camera is terrible in the top variant and the view is small.

CarPlay, I am a big fan of it and would absolutely love it, but that’s not a good enough a reason to pick the mid variant and pay 1L more. I’d save that money and use a mobile holder - spend that 1L on upgrading the audio - wouldn’t cost much to be honest. 20K tops.

Below are what I found if you truly need CarPlay.

https://amzn.in/d/0ioTCGQ

https://amzn.in/d/aVFAK24

But personally, I’ll go with the base variant, use some 20-30K to upgrade the existing audio and use a mobile holder to show navigation. Hell, even use a dedicated navigation system like Gramin and it still will be cheaper!!!

The audio quality is pretty much same across the variants. You’re not losing anything there. All of them need better speakers. You’re anyways spending money, might as well spend on stuff one will actually use.

I’m not sure what else other than navigation and audio one will use Apple CarPlay for. Nothing else personally for me other than the Sensairy TPMS app.

Besides, those “connected features” are subscription model which I would not be using for sure. So I am not justified paying 1L more for stuff I won’t use.

Last edited by AjayV : 9th April 2024 at 10:43.
AjayV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 10:35   #494
BHPian

Quote:
I am worried about the fact that i could miss out on a Tiago EV just because of the space constraint that we have. Is it justified for us to spend about 8.5L for a MG Comet just because it fits right in the space available instead of the Tiago EV considering the aftermarket servicing, fear of product being discontinued and the lack of spares in the future? (The comet will majorly be used for urban driving only, and the Honda City will be used for the long trips).

Well if parking space is a real constraint and deal breaker, then the ONLY option is the Comet EV. Period.

On the other hand, since you also considering the Tiago EV, I guess the parking space is manageable. In this case, while Tiago EV is definitely a good option, I also recommend you to consider used route. Used automatic's like Tiago petrol, Wagon R, G i10 Nios, Kwid, Swift, Celerio, Baleno, Amaze, Magnite, Kiger, Jazz are all good options and you can save a lot of money as well.
Old 10th April 2024, 14:19   #495
BHPian

Dear friends,

Has anyone calculated how many units of electricity are required to fully charge Comer EV? I am trying to calculate cost saving versus my petrol car that gives 6-7 kmpl in bumper to bumper city driving.

Thanks in advance.

Achint

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks