Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2023, 10:08   #1
BHPian

Your wishlist as an Electric Car owner

Here is a wish list of mine? Do you want to add any ?

Infrastructural

1. Single payment scheme for all the multitudes of fast chargers (something like fast tag system should be fine).

2. More pay and use slow charging systems at offices and places where the car is likely to be parked for some time.

3. Public parking lot with solar powered slow charging system as in 2.

4. Smart metering system which gives realtime information on the energy mix (green vs coal powered).

5. Dedicated EV servicing group particularly with the blessing of OEMs.

Vehicular

1. Paddle shifter regen control and drive mode selection. It looks like most of the OEMs reailise this is important are giving it in the newer version of their cars.

2. Better aerodynamic design. Newer cars should put in a lot of emphasis on this.

3. More intelligent breakup of power consumption details on the MID/auxiliary information system. At the very least a separation of power consumed for the drive train vs others.

4. More intelligent slow charging system making use of information that can be supplied through smart metering (See point 4 above). I should be able to have a "green mode" of
charging where the vehicle only charges when the "greenness" measure is above a given threshold. Together with (2) it can provide a way to make EVs even more greener.

5. More detailed battery health information that what is merely available on the so called "connected apps"

6. Less "connected features" and more in car data taking into account privacy issues.

Last edited by electric_eel : 27th October 2023 at 10:09. Reason: typos
electric_eel is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 10:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Your wishlist as an Electric Car owner

A unified wallet that supports all kinds of chargers is the single most important and necessary innovation that needs to happed. Useful for making payments, and also to search for chargers. It should show in real time if a charger is free or not. Route planning feature can also be implemented. Ideally, it should be linked to Fastag as well.

Right now, there are 10 different apps for different fast chargers, each with their own wallet, and users are required to maintain balance in them individually. It is a huge inconvenience.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 12:13   #3
BHPian

Re: Your wishlist as an Electric Car owner

I want this innovation

1. We should be able to plug the charger to the car,
2. The charger should be able to identify the vehicle details and start charging immediately,
3. When we stop or end the charging session on the charger. The display should generate a QR to make the payment, once payment is done the gun unlocks !!!!!!!!
mally2 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 19:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mally2 View Post
I want this innovation

1. We should be able to plug the charger to the car,
2. The charger should be able to identify the vehicle details and start charging immediately,
3. When we stop or end the charging session on the charger. The display should generate a QR to make the payment, once payment is done the gun unlocks !!!!!!!!
This is already present in some chargers. CPOs like Statiq have this enabled on some of their chargers that the charger detects your car and starts charging.

My thoughts on this in order of importance
1. EV specific service centres
2. Charging infra on newly created expressways. Most of the new expressways don't have charging options. Even if they are there, they are run by govt OMC companies and the reliability of these chargers is questionable due to lack of interest.
3. Need of an overarching app which shows the EV charging network and its status. If the facility to initiate charging is available that will be icing on the cake.
4. CPO should allow direct payment methods like UPI, credit card rather than loading money in a wallet. This should be like Blusmart, Uber or OLA

Some wants which are specific to my Nexon Max
1. I would love to have paddle shifter based regen. You can have so much more fun with the quick control of regen.
2. I would want it to remember my previous drive settings. Its is annoying to set every time you drive the car.
ferrarirules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 20:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_eel View Post
Here is a wish list of mine? Do you want to add any ?

Infrastructural

1. Desperately needed - unified charging platform or single RFID tag.
Dreams - Maybe an option to even transfer excess solar generation at home for payment at fast charging station.

2. Desperately needed - Dedicated EV servicing group particularly with the blessing of OEMs.
Knowledgeable sales force too.

3. +1 for More pay and use slow charging systems at offices and places where the car is likely to be parked for some time.

4. Time of day tariff for cheaper rates.

5. Car shade + Washroom facilities for all charging stations.

Vehicular

1. Regen Level - sliding selector for Fine Tuning Regen Level selection as per customer choice.

2. Heat reflective window glass as per the permissible limit.

3. EV specific platform for better rear seats.

4. +1 for Better aerodynamic design. Newer cars should put in a lot of emphasis on this.

5. Charging KWh consumption display - to show how much KWh consumed at the supply/input.

6. Plugshare on the Infotainment.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th October 2023 at 15:16. Reason: Two smileys/post
EV Fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 20:48   #6
BHPian

My thoughts on the subject :

Just like we can transfer petrol from one vehicle to another in emergency, is it possible to charge one EV from another? If not possible as of today, I would surely like to have that feature in my EV.

Are all batteries of all EVs of same dimensions or specifications? Not talking about the capacity, just the adaptability part. If not, ultimately that should be the goal.
aviator1101 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 20:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
My thoughts on the subject :

Just like we can transfer petrol from one vehicle to another in emergency, is it possible to charge one EV from another? If not possible as of today, I would surely like to have that feature in my EV.

Are all batteries of all EVs of same dimensions or specifications? Not talking about the capacity, just the adaptability part. If not, ultimately that should be the goal.
V2V and V2h are available in the bigger EVs EV6, Ioniq and Also nexon EV facelift.
electric_eel is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 22:20   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I’d also like to see forced end of charging at 80% on all fast chargers. EVs charge very slowly after that, which just wastes time and keeps people waiting unnecessarily. Fast charging should stop and give a signal to end the session as soon as the charging rate starts to drop.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 22:57   #9
BHPian

I wonder if a wish list for Hybrids would qualify to be discussed in this thread.
The strong Hybrids come with small capacity batteries depending on the ICE to charge them.
My wishlist would include a much larger capacity battery that would greatly Extend it's range on pure Electric Power and also a provision for of an external charging facility.
airwarrior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 09:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

I wish the following in the EV

1. Increased mileage while keeping the battery size and capacity small
2. Intelligent Charging system to cutoff once the charging is done - at Home and at public places
3. Improved charging infrastructure across the road length
4. Inbuilt Fire suppression systems OR make the electronics fire proof
5. Min maintenance expenses + Good/logical warranty terms
Old 28th October 2023, 10:03   #11
BHPian

1. 475 miles / 750 kms in a single charge
2. No over the top design, elegant and practical design preferred
3. Reasonable after sales support, especially w.r.t spares
4. Same safety quality as elsewhere in the world, no cheap made for India offerings
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 10:28   #12
BHPian

Agree on the unified app bit.
Also better info on charger availability. Too many times I have been directed to a non-working charger.
Old 28th October 2023, 11:01   #13
BHPian

Hi, my wish list is:

1. EV should be designed to ensure excellent under thigh support for rear passengers. Space is never an issue with EVs, it is just that under thigh support is lacing in almost all the EVs at the back seat.

2. Sober front look of EV. Currently majority of EV look like very uncommon and not likeable in my view. A sober e.g. Kia EV6 front look is to be followed for EVs.

3. EV chargers which can charge atleast 4-5 EVs at a time should be installed at every major fuel pumps across India.

4. Installation of Public chargers (30kW & 50kW) at every Municipal Parking in all the cities.

5. Discounted priced Public chargers inside high rise apartments by city's Electricity Board (may be on PPP model) which will be maintained by RWA / builder of that apartment.

6. As pointed out by others, payment of public fast chargers should be linked with Paytm to enable users to make payment easily. If possible, a credit card swipe machine be connected with the machine through which people can swipe their credit card & make payment.
GoBabyGo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 11:48   #14
BHPian

Batteries from a nokia 3310 to power my EV is #1 on my wishlist.
Taxation on EVs and hybrids to be revised to make them properly affordable. It would be nice to see the 15-20 lac bracket be populated with many EVs
Old 28th October 2023, 14:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

A feature related to charging etiquette (or the lack of it) - charging to cease at 80% SOC once another user is detected to be in queue (through the app). With no one in queue, it can be left to the owner to wait for the slower charging rates in force beyond 80%

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks