Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2006, 18:02   #31
BHPian

hmm..Atom seems to have edge over eten though later has better processor [though with lower mhz] and option of sd card as compared to expensive mini-sd card for atom.
To my liking atom has stereo speakers which eten lacks.
And as satish pointed,faster atom will be out soon.I can wait as my friend will come in 2 months time.
Now i will have to decide b/w atom and moto E680i though comaprison will be great unjustice to atom.
Old 30th June 2006, 21:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irulee
2. You cannot compare jamin with the atom coz O2 has released the O2 Mini S which is in its competion.
3. I owned the atom and now own the O2 Mini S and Mini S is the best with everything you can think of it has an integrated keyboard and is very very user friendly.
4. I say buy the O2 Mini S
Imate jamin and o2 miniS is not its competition. XDAtrion is.

MiniS is a nice phone with vertical screen and all dat. But the size is different. Yes it can be included if we are taking M600 into consideration.

I would say look at xda trion.
Old 30th June 2006, 22:10   #33
BHPian

hi
i've been using the atom for a couple of months now. i must say it was a slow performer till i upgraded it with the ROM patches available on the O2 site.

as far as the battery life goes, i need to plug it in for 20-25 mins every 2-3 days. no issue i guess. it's BEAUTIFUL to look at and i do find people at work giving curious glances towards me and my O2.

i've nearly stopped using the stylus and just use my index and little finger to operate it. its pretty easy to use w/o a stylus(except while text msging).

The listed price at GK-1 in delhi was around 35700/= and i got mine for around 32800/= (with bill and 1 yr warranty).
with the money saved, i got 2 512 mb micro-sd cards(for music and various other obvious uses). havent had a chance to use the wi-fi capibility yet.

overall, i went ahead and bought it even after the sales rep tried to swing me towards other brands.

go for it if you've got the dough. i'm a satisfied user but then, to each his own. you might have a different set of uses and expectations from your PDA.

cheers
Old 2nd July 2006, 02:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
I hope you are refering to XDA IIS which is a bigger device and has a sliding keyboard. O2 Mini and O2 XDA II S have previous versions of PocketPC wheras Atom has the current Windows Mobile 5.
Sorry to break this to you O2 Mini S is a version release after atom containing all the things that atom does and includes lots lots lots more new additions to it and a 1.3 MP cam instead of a 2.0 O2 XDA II S is the worst phone for user capabilities i had that long before AND O2 MINI S HAS THE LATEST VERSION ON WINDOWS 5.0 WITH SERVICE PACK 2 WHEREAS ATOM JUST HAS SERVICE PACK 1 and it is the exact size of the JAMIN and IT SUPPORTS BOTH HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL SCREEN

and O2 Mini S is not even similar to O2 Xda II S so stop telling that to me
And O2 Mini S has a sliding keyboard

My first phone was the IMate and it wasnt a good experience with a pathetic support whereas after that all my phones have been O2 with immediate support for any problems.
Old 2nd July 2006, 04:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

@ Irulee

MiniS came before the Atom. It's more popularly known as K-jam.

MiniS came out in the Q3 2005 while Atom came out Q42005.

Atom is 30grams lighter
Atom screen is better
Mini has stereo speakers
Atom cpu is 416mhz compared to MiniS 200mhz
2mp camera instead of 1.3
Atom has Radio
better talktime

MiniS has an integrated keyboard
MiniS has wi-fi b/g comapred to wi-fi b for atom
Bt 2.0 compared to bt 1.2 on atom
better stand-by time
horizontal screen option

Atom is still better equipped but MiniS does somethings better.

I would still go for Atom. ON second opinions, A keyboard, bt2.0 and wifi G are cannot be resisted.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 2nd July 2006 at 04:51.
Old 2nd July 2006, 15:58   #36
BHPian

Atom exec though has faster processor and updated rom but lacks EDGE,EMS,MMS,JAVA[J2ME] and acc. to mobile88.com even mp3 support.Is it true???
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi
I would say look at xda trion.
And what trion has to offer more as compared to atom/eten600?
Old 2nd July 2006, 16:48   #37
BHPian

Hello,
does any Imate/other, pda/mobile offer both GPS and Wlan ?? Eten M500 offers GPS but no Wlan. M600 offers Wlan but no gps. same with imate also i guess!!
after my N 9500 conked off, not able to find a good phone...

any suggestions.
Old 2nd July 2006, 20:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Atom exec though has faster processor and updated rom but lacks EDGE,EMS,MMS,JAVA[J2ME] and acc. to mobile88.com even mp3 support.Is it true???

And what trion has to offer more as compared to atom/eten600?
smaller than MiniS

has wi-fi b/g
256K effective screen
bt 2.0
integrated keyboard.

so its a mix of atom and MiniS.
Old 2nd July 2006, 21:12   #39
BHPian

dont think of buying any wm phone for another month atleast..wait for the o2 trion....!!
though i aint sure about its launch date/price..but im just waiting for it..thats all..totally perfect for a wm phone..size, speed, look, keyboard, camera, wifi

if anyone here knows when its being launched please let me know
Old 3rd July 2006, 16:03   #40
BHPian

Today i got a chance to listen few tracks on N91 of my colleague [not on bose headphone but supplied earphones]and guys its sound quality was a big let down for me.
For a phone of abt 29k and with such a poor SQ,its better to buy a 60GB ipod and any decent phone worth that extra money.Thats what i told her.

It is being advertised as music phone and i think nokia should be ashamed of themselves to call it a music phone.So far i have checked SQ on moto398,o2Atom,SE W800 and this one and i have found SQ in that order.Rest all have 2MP camera.

I dont think its worth 29k.I wont be surprised if its prices fall vertically thereafter.
I never liked nokia phones but this one just hardened me more.
Old 3rd July 2006, 18:14   #41
BHPian

I think o2 atom has the most features when compared to others.Even eten reloaded [with 256 mb ROM] and atom exec lack edge which may be available soon on hutch connections.[airtel alreday has in few cities].

O2 trion will only come in silver colour which i dont like[N91 has this colour] though like atom it has both EDGE & 3G.

So for now its either Eten600 reloaded or atom o2.
which one offers better SQ with earphone/headphone??

Last edited by rsjaurr : 3rd July 2006 at 18:16.
Old 3rd July 2006, 22:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

the best sound quality I have heard until now has been

1. Nokia N-gage.
2. Motorola E680i
3. Siemens sx1
4. motorola E398

Windows phones are not really great in sound quality but not too bad either.
Old 3rd July 2006, 23:08   #43
Awaiting Email Confirmation

well a lot of phones a lot of conversations but i guess its also the price range that counts as in the VFM bit right so lets wait n see prices as well n then decide coz no one would buy a skyline at the cost of a maserati although we know what skylines are capable of

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks