Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2004, 20:45   #16
SLK
Senior - BHPian

jesal... you bought it last diwali!... so it should be in warranty till now!
Old 2nd November 2004, 23:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

fellas,

i think i saw a UMAX 6.6 MP camera on baazee for around 8 - 8.5 G.

check it out
My Webpage

Old 3rd November 2004, 04:05   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SLK @ Nov. 02 2004,18:15)]jesal... you bought it last diwali!... so it should be in warranty till now!
nop. grey mart
Old 3rd November 2004, 13:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]nop. grey mart
Has anyone checked sony prices lately?? If you buy from a showroom, sony would turn out to cheaper than either nikon or canon. Sony gives you a nice 4MP camera for x amount of money while both Nikon and canon give you 3.2MP models in that price band.

And IMO, if you are spending so much money, makes sense to go with the warranty.

I guess jesal would agree with me on that..............

Sony Website
Old 3rd November 2004, 13:37   #20
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]fellas,

i think i saw a UMAX 6.6 MP camera on baazee for around 8 - 8.5 G.

check it out
My Webpage
Somehow, i dont trust Bazee. The product cud be a 2nd hand one. And you dont get to check the product before buying it.
Old 3rd November 2004, 13:52   #21
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (mohit @ Nov. 03 2004,10:53)]Sony gives you a nice 4MP camera for x amount of money while both Nikon and canon give you 3.2MP models in that price band.
I think Nikon or Cannon are offering Optical zoom. Sony (entry level) is only digital zoom. And that makes a lot of difference in price.

Thatway sony is very costly... but they are gr8 cams.
Old 3rd November 2004, 13:58   #22
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (jesal @ Nov. 02 2004,17:33)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rjkulkarni @ Nov. 02 2004,05:09)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (jesal @ Nov. 02 2004,00:17)]whteva u do do not buy SONY. im looking to buy a CASIO
Jesal,
Why would you say that? I've two Sony camera's DSC U-40 & DSC-T1...I'm quite happy with both of them. Just the flaw with T1 is red eye thing that happens quite a few times since the lens & flash are quite near. Fellow member N_C also purchased a Sony P100 camera a few days back & is very happy with it. I'd like to know the shortcomings in Sony's if you know anymore.
mate i say no sony heres a reason not only digicams i have *bought 10 items from sony in say 4 yrs ok and they were hell expensive. everything would malfunction in a years time. for EG: my sony trv 33 handycam bought for rs. 40000 last diwali could not even see this diwali since its CCD sensor would not work. cost of repairs rs. 12500. hows that. i used the handycam not more than 10 times without dropping it or anything. store it nice and it goes bonkers
Well...I wouldn't buy such an expensive product without a warranty for starters plus like NC said its just your bad luck that it went bust.
Old 3rd November 2004, 14:17   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Well...I wouldn't buy such an expensive product without a warranty for starters plus like NC said its just your bad luck that it went bust.
There are is another way to look at grey market products.

Say for example the grey mrkt price of a Sony 5MP cam is Rs.15,000 while the official price is Rs.23,000, but you get a 3 year warranty with it.

Now, if you bought the grey market piece and took the risk of it malfunctioning without any warranty cover, (this can happen to any electronic device, whether new or old, grey or official), you still has Rs.8,000 with which to repair it with. And lets face it, most products do last the initial couple of years without problems.

So I say if there's that much of a difference between the grey market and the official price, go for the grey. If however the difference in price is just a grand or so, then it makes sense to go for the official one.

Rt
Old 3rd November 2004, 14:21   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (mohit @ Nov. 03 2004,10:53)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]nop. grey mart
Has anyone checked sony prices lately?? If you buy from a showroom, sony would turn out to cheaper than either nikon or canon. Sony gives you a nice 4MP camera for x amount of money while both Nikon and canon give you 3.2MP models in that price band.

And IMO, if you are spending so much money, makes sense to go with the warranty.

I guess jesal would agree with me on that..............

Sony Website
yes true. i prefer canon now though
Old 3rd November 2004, 14:22   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rjkulkarni @ Nov. 03 2004,11:28)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (jesal @ Nov. 02 2004,17:33)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rjkulkarni @ Nov. 02 2004,05:09)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (jesal @ Nov. 02 2004,00:17)]whteva u do do not buy SONY. im looking to buy a CASIO
Jesal,
Why would you say that? I've two Sony camera's DSC U-40 & DSC-T1...I'm quite happy with both of them. Just the flaw with T1 is red eye thing that happens quite a few times since the lens & flash are quite near. Fellow member N_C also purchased a Sony P100 camera a few days back & is very happy with it. I'd like to know the shortcomings in Sony's if you know anymore.
mate i say no sony heres a reason not only digicams i have *bought 10 items from sony in say 4 yrs ok and they were hell expensive. everything would malfunction in a years time. for EG: my sony trv 33 handycam bought for rs. 40000 last diwali could not even see this diwali since its CCD sensor would not work. cost of repairs rs. 12500. hows that. i used the handycam not more than 10 times without dropping it or anything. store it nice and it goes bonkers
Well...I wouldn't buy such an expensive product without a warranty for starters plus like NC said its just your bad luck that it went bust.
bad luck is worst than i even thought
Old 3rd November 2004, 14:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Say for example the grey mrkt price of a Sony 5MP cam is Rs.15,000 while the official price is Rs.23,000, but you get a 3 year warranty with it.

Now, if you bought the grey market piece and took the risk of it malfunctioning without any warranty cover, (this can happen to any electronic device, whether new or old, grey or official), you still has Rs.8,000 with which to repair it with. And lets face it, most products do last the initial couple of years without problems.

So I say if there's that much of a difference between the grey market and the official price, go for the grey. If however the difference in price is just a grand or so, then it makes sense to go for the official one.
totally
Old 3rd November 2004, 19:06   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Nov. 03 2004,11:47)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Well...I wouldn't buy such an expensive product without a warranty for starters plus like NC said its just your bad luck that it went bust.
There are is another way to look at grey market products.

Say for example the grey mrkt price of a Sony 5MP cam is Rs.15,000 while the official price is Rs.23,000, but you get a 3 year warranty with it.

Rt
which 5mp sony cam comes for 23000 with 3 yrs warranty. im interested.
Old 3rd November 2004, 19:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]which 5mp sony cam comes for 23000 with 3 yrs warranty. im interested.
DSC W1 its for 21K and not 23K
Sony DSC W1
Old 4th November 2004, 16:01   #29
BANNED

hi my no is 9820169116 from bombay itself
Old 4th November 2004, 16:04   #30
BANNED

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/qvr4.html
im planning to buy this one. what ya say guys. is it good. kinda cheap too. i want the exz 30 / 40 might get that from grey mart. since casio warranty here is only one yr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks