Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2009, 18:59   #31
BHPian

Quote:
any free and quick way to blank out a portion (top/bottom few pixels) of a video?
Do you mean letter boxing?

Any good video editing software will do this by adding two overlay masks. Use this software to find the correct position of overlays: Video Resolution & Letterboxing 1.0.0. downloadsoftware4free.com. Download Free Software. Search shareware and freeware downloads.

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 27th March 2009 at 19:09.
Old 27th March 2009, 22:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
Do you mean letter boxing?
No, somehow I feel he does not mean letter boxing. He wants to 'delete' some content. Aspect ratio is not specified.
Old 27th March 2009, 23:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
No, somehow I feel he does not mean letter boxing. He wants to 'delete' some content. Aspect ratio is not specified.
yup, i wanted to 'delete' unwanted portion.
Old 30th March 2009, 15:25   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
No! as encoding or capturing is purely CPU intensive work. whereas graphics card are just for out put.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
yup, i wanted to 'delete' unwanted portion.
You can use virtualdub freeware to delete unwanted. Mark the start & end position and use the del key. Then save the clip as new avi file.
Old 31st March 2009, 12:22   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
I'm struck with a similar problem, except that my handycam doesn't have firewire port, it's an old Sony TRV46 , which records video in Hi8 format on analog mini tapes. I want to transfer the tapes to my PC and keep on external disk and DVDs.

The options are
1. Give the tapes with the handycam to a local studio, who will convert to CD @100/- per CD or DVD @350 per DVD. but I've no idea about how good/bad will be the Quality of the captured video by these people.

2. Get an Analog video capture device/card along with s/w but which one is good , how much will it cost etc are the unknown factors.

I need to convert ~10 to 15 tapes to DVD.

Can anyone give me inputs and throw some light for the above 2 options or any other 3rd option?

How good/bad is Pinnacle DVD Maker Plus - a device which connects to USB on PC and has analog video input ports and burns video directly to DVD? Anyone has any experience with this or any such similar product?

Thanks in advance
Another option, someone told me is to hook my analog camcorder to a digital camcorder (which has A/V in & A/V out), so my camcorder can play the video and the digital camcorder and xfer the same over firewire to my PC. The friend told me that this way Quality will be top notch. But ... most friends have camcorders with A/V out only...

So few queries again ...

1. Anyone ever tried this before ? Are the results good ?
2. What is the difference in quality while capturing using USB v/s Firewire?
3. Anyone used DVD Maker Plus or similar product for capturing analog video and burning it on DVD?
4. Pls suggest some good and economiv video capture cards (available in local market in India)

Any other alternative suggestion ?

Thanks in advance

Shanky
Old 31st March 2009, 13:12   #36
BHPian

I have always loved to shoot candid moments on my video camera but guess it scared the crows out of me when it came to editing with more often than not, I ended up avoiding the job completely.

UNTIL, I bought mac and along came hubbly-bubbly Final Cut Pro suite as a gift from a certain family member and life has not been the same.
Old 31st March 2009, 20:38   #37
BHPian

Oh! Just the topic I had been looking for.
Do any of you know how much a Firewire cable connecting the handycam to the laptop costs and can any wire work as good as official sony ones(if they exist)?
Old 1st April 2009, 01:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Its a 4-4 firewire. Its about Rs.100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Another option, someone told me is to hook my analog camcorder to a digital camcorder (which has A/V in & A/V out), so my camcorder can play the video and the digital camcorder and xfer the same over firewire to my PC. The friend told me that this way Quality will be top notch. But ... most friends have camcorders with A/V out only...

So few queries again ...

1. Anyone ever tried this before ? Are the results good ?
2. What is the difference in quality while capturing using USB v/s Firewire?
3. Anyone used DVD Maker Plus or similar product for capturing analog video and burning it on DVD?
4. Pls suggest some good and economiv video capture cards (available in local market in India)

Any other alternative suggestion ?

Thanks in advance

Shanky
Its possible. if the camera has AV input. Which is available in professional ones only.
Firewire captured video are smooth and AV are synchronised, WHere as USB has this problem most of the time.

If you want to do this for a long time buy a professional card from pinnacle. Studio 9.1 card (old model) and software is about Rs.3500/-.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th April 2009 at 12:43. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:10   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Its possible. if the camera has AV input. Which is available in professional ones only.
Firewire captured video are smooth and AV are synchronised, WHere as USB has this problem most of the time.

If you want to do this for a long time buy a professional card from pinnacle. Studio 9.1 card (old model) and software is about Rs.3500/-.
Thanks for your reply,

so "Studio 9.1 card (old model) and software" is as good or better than the firewire capture method ? 3500/- is ok with me if it offers decent quality capture, where can I get it from... hope it is available in Nehru place with bill & warranty.
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
Oh! Just the topic I had been looking for.
Do any of you know how much a Firewire cable connecting the handycam to the laptop costs and can any wire work as good as official sony ones(if they exist)?
600 rupees for 4-4 cable of decent quality. I just bought one two weeks ago from Staples in the Great India Place mall in Noida. The brand is Bandridge. Very good quality and 1/3rd the cost of Sony.
Now maybe there isn't a Staples where you stay but try Home Town or any other electronics outlet from the Big Bazaar/Pantaloon family. They run Staples in India as well, I think.
Old 28th April 2009, 23:53   #41
BHPian

Thanks for the info guys!

Will buy one soon now. Also I found the Ulead Video Studio software really good and user friendly! Has anyone used it?
Old 26th September 2009, 12:34   #42
Sha
BHPian

Guys I need to edit audio in videos files which software is best to use.
Old 26th September 2009, 23:34   #43
Team-BHP Support

What exactly are you trying to do with the audio Sha?

cya
R
Old 26th September 2009, 23:41   #44
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
What exactly are you trying to do with the audio Sha?

cya
R
See I have many OTR Videos but background audio has many interesting talk which I guess is against the forum rule so I need to be edit background audio talk.

Last edited by Sha : 26th September 2009 at 23:46.
Old 27th September 2009, 02:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

you can use virtual dub for that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks