Team-BHP - The Desktop Computer & Configuration Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Desktop Computer & Configuration Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/1620-desktop-computer-configuration-thread-4.html)

Note from the Admin : A new thread or the PM function would be better for this kind of post

GTO

Hey.. ppl..

i upgraded my comp...its like a total make over..
got a 15 inch samsung flat screen
wireless keyboard and mouse
512 mb ram
80 Gb had disk
5 speakers with a sub woofer 2400 watts
865 mother board
gforce acc card the latest one
tv tuner
3 .00 ghz

its really sexy

Congrats!

Would be please tell me the price tags and source from where you got this stuff.

Congrats cheatingdeath...
btw,
How much did the 5 speaker with subwoofer cost??

ya and also 1.dvd RW combo
and2. LG Rw 40X

Ya Got it
Done From an long timer from our office he got all this and said .. ll do the best for you so we said all right
i dun really know the exact cost for the speakers.

Mine is a basic off the shelf laptop ....
got it as a gift from my Billy and sis in USA ...
Its a Toshiba with all the utilities i need ....
433mh intel celeron processor
512 mb drive
20 gb hard disk
dvd rw combo
thats what i know about my system ...

HP Pavilion Laptop
P4 3.2Ghz HT
1GB Ram
80GB 7200RPM HD
17.1 WXGA Screen
128MB Vid Card
CD/DVD Writer
802.11b/g
6 in 1 SD/MMC card reader
Lite-On 16X DVD Writer (External) ieee
Yamaha CRW F1 CDRW (External) ieee

This is the most perfect/capable desktop replacement for me.

Satyam.

SBFX,

Thats what I call a fully loaded machine!! What on earth do you do with the 1 gig of RAM? Music softwares?

I initially hated laptops...until I got myself one (after rams went higher). Cant use a desktop ever now

GTO

Hey GTO,

Well I had a fully loaded desktop with almost exactly the same specs which I used for a lot of encoding movies/music and sometimes my friends came over to make music on the comp (for my lable). There were about 3 comps my server, desktop and HTPC. So I sold my desktop and HTPC to raise the money and got myself this laptop and never looked back.

Satyam.

Hey SBFX,

Sweeet laptop mann!!
Is the 6in1 SD/MMC reader built in to the laptop?? (mine only has a SD card :(
P4 HT and a 7200 80GB !! niiice
17.1 inch screen.......dayamm...... this guy must EAT through batteries!

My laptop seems hhumble in comparison! lol
HP Compaq nx7010
Centrino 1.7 w/ 2MB L2
1gb 333mhz DDR
60gb 5200rpm (i wanna upgrade when the new 100gb 7200rpm drives take off)
15.4" 1920x1200
ATI mobility 9200 64mb
DVD/CD writer
802.11b/g
Inbuilt bluetooth
Logitech MX900 bluetooth mouse
Western Digital 250GB external firewire HDD

and my latest addition.....i just bought a sony flatscreen CRT 21" monitor...forrrrrrrr $ 90 !!!!!! woohoo.

cheers
R

ps - i was actually *required* to buy this system by my college... but if i had a choice i would have tweaked it slightly differently....

Hey Rehaan,

Yes the 6in1 card reader is built into the laptop and yes the battary dies out on me in just over a hour, but then I dont consider this machine a true laptop (its too bloody heavy when compared to a centrino) rather a convenient desktop :) .

Hey sbfx,

"convienient desktop" lol.... thats what i would have opted for if i were to choose a laptop as well......
On the other hand my battery lasts for 4 hours!!

May i ask about your "label".. any samples?

cya
R

EDIT : ohok... just noticed your site in your signature!.... any downloadable samples though?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan
My laptop seems hhumble in comparison! lol
HP Compaq nx7010
Centrino 1.7 w/ 2MB L2
1gb 333mhz DDR

You dont have to feel too humble with this configuration dude... Pentium M rocks... 1.7 is a very good spec. Also the added advantage of longer battery life, wireless capabilites, thin low profile nature of laptops are to be taken into consideration.
It all dipends, if u **too mobile** then u got to have the centrino.... It rocks.

Gkrish,

I actually do like my laptop a LOT :P

the only bummer is the 60GB... but i will upgrade that soon....
Bluetooth and wifi are heaven sent... especially at college where i can just jump onto the internet from anywhere at anytime.

R