Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2006, 16:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

I myself have a yamaha amplifier it is a it old but it is a 5.1 with 5 spearate for each channel.....good amp.....

now days u can get a entry level for about 20k......

dvd player and speakers will have to purchase extra....

about the screen right now all the plasma and the lcd are damm expensive when compared to our old TV...so if u can wait for few months I think the lcd prices are going to fell very rapidly.....it will be like getting a 32 inch screen with in 35-40k easliy....
Old 19th September 2006, 17:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
about the screen right now all the plasma and the lcd are damm expensive when compared to our old TV...so if u can wait for few months I think the lcd prices are going to fell very rapidly.....it will be like getting a 32 inch screen with in 35-40k easliy....
are you serious? based on what ur saying this? If i get them at sub-40k then i am ready to wait for couple of months... let me know based on what ur saying this...
Old 19th September 2006, 17:40   #18

Projector + Receiver

Hi Chetan,

Video:
The MRP of the TV, that was in the link, is around a lakh rupees. At that price, if you stretch a little bit, you will get a decent 42" plasma with very good brightness. The projection TV is really bulky and has issues with brightness. I have an Infocus 4805 projector and the issue is same. A projector can never be a replacement to a TV due to the start up times, low brightness (U have to darken your room all the time) and high lamp costs. But if you need it for home theatre (the way I use it, only for movies) nothing can beat a projector in size and per inch pricing

Audio:
Please dont do the mistake of going in for a Sony in Audio (Ofcourse, no offense meant to any one or any brand). Also HTBs are a serious no no due to the connectivity constraints. Always go for a receiver even in the worst budget situations and upgrade as you can. I had a budget constraint so couple of months back I got my self an Yamaha Receiver (RX 357 for Rs10,500), Yamaha speaker package (Rs 13,500) with a 150W active sub bundled in the package and a Pioneer DVD player (rs 3800)

Look for brands like Denon, Jamo, Onkyo, Marantz which might not be thorough bred audiophiles but do a very good job. Make sure that you have good cables running around. Invest in a set top box TV for TV reception to enjoy the qulaity of your AV gear.

PM if you need any specific info and I would be happy to help you out!
Old 19th September 2006, 17:45   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes yes LBM, Even I want to know, on what basis are you saying that I can buy a 32" LCD for 35K. What makes you say this?
Old 19th September 2006, 17:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
are you serious? based on what ur saying this? If i get them at sub-40k then i am ready to wait for couple of months... let me know based on what ur saying this...
I am talking of the HT receivers.....it is avalable for approx 20k.....

http://soundnvisionhifi.com/product_...rs/YAMAHA1.htm

like the one above....

the speakers would be like.....depends on your budget...mininum for 30k approx and sky is the limit...

http://soundnvisionhifi.com/product_...HARFEDALE1.htm

for dvd player u can get a nice one for 10k entry level for 5k....

for TV there is a another thread going jump in .......

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ur-tv-buy.html

oh about the LCD tv u can get a 32 lcd in grey here in delhi for 40-50k approx.....but I added also to wait for few months to get the right prices to come.....as the lcd prices are falling very fast....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 19th September 2006 at 17:52.
Old 20th September 2006, 06:50   #21
BANNED

Home theatre Systems

Hi,
the home theatre systems are preety expensive,
I was going to buy a 35000 system of Onkyo,
But then i saw this amazing system of LG LM-K9550, It is 11,000 watts PMPO, that is 1100 Rms.If any one is interested u can get one too at Hypermall at malad for mearly 16999.They just had 5 pices, thus try ypur luck.The original cost of the system is 35000+.

Cheers
Old 20th September 2006, 09:37   #22
BHPian

PMPO to RMS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTHING
Hi,
It is 11,000 watts PMPO, that is 1100 Rms.
Is the RMS output mentioned in the amp data-sheet? Or, you have defined some mapping function from PMPO to RMS?
Old 20th September 2006, 17:37   #23
BHPian

Thank you everyone for all your comments..the thing is we have a big hall in our house so dad wants to gofor projection tv we are also planning to build a second floor so when we are done with that we will talk about projectors so now the projection tv is decided but as i read the thread some say sony is not good when it comes to is there any other good speakers for the same price of the speakers.. i already have philips dvd
Old 20th September 2006, 21:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Yamaha has a entry level Ht at 19K you can get a DVD player for less than 4K. For 30K Sony has a DZ550 HTib with a DVD player.
is it just the av receivers or with speaker too?

BTW older sony systems e.g. g88 sounded better than present systems.They have reduced the prices considerably but at the cost of quality.
Old 21st September 2006, 05:52   #25
BANNED

Rms out put is mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47
Is the RMS output mentioned in the amp data-sheet? Or, you have defined some mapping function from PMPO to RMS?
Hi,
SU the RMS output is mentioned on the catalog i recieved with it and also on the system it self,
It states that the RMS is 1,110 and the Pmpo is 11,000 watts.

u can go and check it your self if you round there some time.

Cheers.
Old 22nd September 2006, 12:43   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
is it just the av receivers or with speaker too?

BTW older sony systems e.g. g88 sounded better than present systems.They have reduced the prices considerably but at the cost of quality.
It was 19.995 with 5.1 speakers. available at a retail chaing called vijay sales in mumbai. i have not heard it. just seent the adverts.

I really wish we had (a) budget (b) use (c) expectations
for example
a) budget rs. 60,000 for TV and HT
b) my use will be 50% TV, 25% DVD and 25% Audio
c) I dont intend to rock the house and frighten the pets.

Only then can one recommend the spend.
Old 23rd September 2006, 17:44   #27
BHPian

Right now i have Aiwa 360w PMPO home music system which i dont like anymore courtesy my ICE and i have mated it with my PC.[i had creative live blaster 5.1 sound card till last yr]

I have been thinking of buying powered logitech/creative/altec lansing/klipsch 5.1 spk to connect it with pc but then i have some other plans.
Actually i wanted to know the model no. in case i suddenly decide to buy it

Navin,even i dont know why some would spend huge money on music systems and let their neighbours to enjoy it.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 23rd September 2006 at 17:45.
Old 28th September 2006, 15:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
As far as onkyo is concerned, i respect them well for their AV recievers, which are very good. Nothing else is even worth mentioning, especially speakers.
Onkyos TX NR 1000 is a gem of a receiver..The lower models are not bad at all. but Their speakers are s*** as sam said.. However they sell and service Elac speakers in India.. worth a look IMO

They also make some very decent components..their universal disc player DV SP 502 is very well engineered and has got rave reviews.
Old 28th September 2006, 17:29   #29
BHPian

Anyone knows how well these new-fangled wireless speakers work? Samsung has a couple of models at 25k. Cabling s|_|cks. Would they interfere with any other equipment? They mention 2.4Ghz, which is cordless phones territory right?
Old 28th September 2006, 17:45   #30
BHPian

Cordless and wlan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey
They mention 2.4Ghz, which is cordless phones territory right?
Yeah, but you can always upgrade to 5.8GHz cordless if you notice too much of interference.

BTW, 2.4GHz is also in wireless-lan category. What if the wlan at home gets into trouble, because of the speakers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks