Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2006, 10:33   #31
Team-BHP Support

Su-47, I have a 2.4G cordless and 2 (one Netgear and one Linksys) 2.4G routers in the same room. No problem. In fact I also have a 900Mhz wireless transmistter and a 5.8G cordless (in the same room with the above equipment). No problems.
Old 29th September 2006, 11:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey
Anyone knows how well these new-fangled wireless speakers work? Samsung has a couple of models at 25k. Cabling s|_|cks. Would they interfere with any other equipment? They mention 2.4Ghz, which is cordless phones territory right?
You should also check how the speakers are gooing to be powered. I was gonna pick up a logitech system 5.1 system with wireless rear speakers but decided not to later cos the speakers would either be powered by plugging them into a socket or by putting in cells which dont last much nd drastically reduce performace. However i guess they are a lot easier to connect as compared to normal 5.1 speakers
Old 29th September 2006, 12:45   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Su-47, I have a 2.4G cordless and 2 (one Netgear and one Linksys) 2.4G routers in the same room. No problem. In fact I also have a 900Mhz wireless transmistter and a 5.8G cordless (in the same room with the above equipment). No problems.
Point taken! BTW, what are you doing with two wlan routers in one room?

Would you know if the per-channel data is sent in compressed or uncompressed format to these wireless speakers?
Old 9th June 2009, 09:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

I bought a sony home theatre sytem. No complaints about the sound quality though coz its what I liked. The grouse I have is to do with USB connectivity which it doesn't have. Now, can someone suggest the different external methods by which i can interface my home theatre system with USB to play my movies.

Last edited by 14000rpm : 9th June 2009 at 09:37.
Old 21st October 2017, 10:34   #35
Team-BHP Support

Re: Sony home theatre

I have a Sony music system: MHC-RV5. This is from 2003

While pretty much everything works flawlessly, one thing doesn't: the CD player. It was working until some months back but here's the problem now:

- on pressing CD 1/2/3 buttons, the display shows that that particular is being read. In reality, the CD tray does not rotate to change which CD is being read
- on pressing the Eject button, "Opening" is displayed but nothing really happens

I opened it up today to check if anything was stuck but doesn't seem like it. A slight pull (while the whole thing was opened up) brought out the CD parcel but since, nothing has moved.

Nor are the CDs being read.

Question is: can this be repaired? Is it worth it? Any recommendations for a good shop in Gurgaon/NCR?

This music system has radio (seldom used), cassette player (don't have any cassettes) and two speakers (which are not connected to the tv for sound output).

So, essentially if the CD player doesn't work, it is junk.

A workaround I can think of is, buy a portable DVD player, connect it the TV and take sound output from the tv/music system.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st October 2017 at 10:35.
Old 20th January 2022, 18:45   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sony home theatre

My Sony HT DAV-DZ100 player needs a drive belt replacement. Any leads in Bangalore for this ? Per Sony, it's an old system and hence not much chance with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks