Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2019, 20:56   #31
BHPian

re: ACT Fibernet Reviews?

That looks mostly positive reviews for ACT so far. Many thanks to all the folks above for sharing your experience and reviews.

Have set the wheel in motion on my end to move to ACT. Will continue with Airtel + ACT for a while going in parallel before ditching Airtel altogether.

Glad the competition in this space is only increasing. May the better service providers continue to thrive!
Old 13th March 2020, 14:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: ACT Fibernet - Reviews & Recommendations

Has anyone started usng the ACT Steam TV 4K ?
https://www.actcorp.in/streamtv4k/

Looking for some experience sharing from others who have used it.
Old 13th March 2020, 14:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Has anyone started usng the ACT Steam TV 4K ?
https://www.actcorp.in/streamtv4k/

Looking for some experience sharing from others who have used it.
Can't help on ACT stream.
But, any reasons for thinking about this over Firestick 4K?
Old 13th March 2020, 14:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartindboy View Post
Can't help on ACT stream.
But, any reasons for thinking about this over Firestick 4K?
Live TV with over 100+ Channels included and ACT gives addl. 100 GB per month with this.
They claim to have some offers with different OTT App vendors as well - but not clear what those are.
Old 11th September 2020, 17:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

With Reliance Jio and Airtel going Head to Head with Unlimited Plans, ACT Fibernet seems to be lagging behind now and silent so far in terms of the plans they offer.

Has anyone heard any murmur about ACT Fibernet also revamping their plans to match up to the competition?
Old 12th September 2020, 10:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Has anyone heard any murmur about ACT Fibernet also revamping their plans to match up to the competition?
That's not going to happen. Read their blog post published in Feb 2020: https://www.actcorp.in/blog/why-you-...ted-data-plans
Old 12th September 2020, 11:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
That's not going to happen. Read their blog post published in Feb 2020: https://www.actcorp.in/blog/why-you-...ted-data-plans
So looks like they gave some logic to defend themselves over the Unlimited Plans but the bundled OTT apps also make both Jio and Airtel schemes look extreme value for money and ACT now looks pale in comparison.
Old 25th September 2020, 17:34   #38
BHPian

ACT has silently increased FUP up to 1 TB.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th October 2020 at 07:09. Reason: Non-forum smiley deleted
UPS_Guru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 16:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
ACT has silently increased FUP up to 1 TB.
Note sure if that will be sufficient to hold people onto ACT. I have entered the free months of usage of my plan and wondering if I should renew with ACT or switch over to Airtel. Jio Fiber is still not available in my area.

Both Jio and Airtel are bundling OTT Apps and offer 3.3 TB of data on Plans comparable with ACT. So ACT does look inferior when it comes to statistics on paper - need to enquire on real time performance of airtel yet.

Last edited by GTO : 15th October 2020 at 07:56. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 14th October 2020, 17:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

ACT upgraded my plan to 300mbps/3.5TB from 250mbps/1TB for no extra cost. So far my experience with ACT has been fairly favorable with no significant downtimes. I have FTTH so have no contention issues.
Old 14th October 2020, 17:55   #41
BANNED

They seem to have upgraded my 150mbps/1.25TB to 200mbps/3TB.

However, at router level, the max I am getting is 175mbps. I will check few days and then may be will raise a complaint to see if they can upgrade my wires. The wires coming to my router seems Cat 5.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th October 2020 at 04:26. Reason: Typos fixed.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 21:12   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
They seem to have upgraded my 150mbps/1.25TB to 200mbps/3TB.

However, at router level, the max I am getting is 175mbps. I will check few days and then may be will raise a complaint to see if they can upgrade my wires. The wires coming to my router seems Cat5.
Same problem, and I already reported it. My router/cabling isn't setup to handle the on-paper speed bump they're providing (I never had FUP issues anyway so don't care much for an enhancement there).

Last edited by aah78 : 15th October 2020 at 04:27. Reason: Quoted post fixed.
Old 14th October 2020, 21:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

This is the way I am looking at the comparison:

ACT Fibernet - Reviews & Recommendations-airtel_vs_act.png
ACT Fibernet Pricing in Bangalore vs Airtel

Not only would I be paying more for the same speed with less data, I would also be paying for things like Amazon Prime in ACT and here they give few more OTT Apps other than Prime free as well, like Zee5, Voot Basic etc. So Airtel seems to make more sense to me on paper as of now - and so pondering if I should ACT on moving to Airtel or not

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 14th October 2020 at 21:41.
Old 14th October 2020, 23:37   #44
BHPian

Here's the comparison for Bengaluru: Airtel vs. Tata vs. ACT.

Name:  BroadbandComparison.png
Views: 691
Size:  39.0 KB

Last edited by aah78 : 15th October 2020 at 04:27. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
UPS_Guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 00:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

I don't have ACT, but some of my neighbors have.

This is a bit off topic, but interesting!

A few years ago, I heard a commotion on the main road in front of our apartment complex at midnight. As secretary of the association I went out to see what it was. I found a group of people cutting a trench along the road margin close to our compound. I enquired who they were and learned they were laying OFC for ACT. I pointed out spots where power and drainage lines are located and at what depth, and cautioned them to watch out. They assured they will, and I went back to bed.

A couple of days later it rained heavily at night and and the power went off. The power did not return even in the morning and I was surprised. Water needed to be pumped to the overhead tanks. I went out and found all the neighboring complexes had power, only we did not. Then I noticed a spot near our electricity pole had sunk in, where the ACT fellows had cut a trench and covered a couple of days earlier, and smoke was coming out of it.

It was a Sunday and with difficulty I got the Electricity board fellows to come to the spot. One look and they declared the underground heavy duty cable leading from the pole to our building must have been cut by the trench digging, and now rain water had caused it to burn out. The only way was to dig, pull the cable out, cut/splice/insulate it and bury again. And it being Sunday, it could be done only the next day! There was no way our water supply will hold out for twenty four hours!

To cut a long story short, we had to shell out Rs 10k, and the work was carried out beautifully in a few hours and power supply restored. Later I Googled the customer support details of ACT and shot off a very polite email, in parliamentary language, describing about their trench cutting and what happened later. It was a shot in the dark, I didn't expect anything to come off it.

The next day I got a call from ACT when I was at office. They wanted the exact location for inspection and verification with their contract crew, and I gave the exact location and described the electricity pole also. The EB fellows had used a large Pepsi PET bottle as an additional insulator for the spliced portion and had secured it to the base of the pillar, which he could check for himself!

Within a couple of hours I got a call from the same man who apologized for the trouble, and said the same night the contractor will visit me and pay the Rs 10k, and could I provide him with a receipt from the association? I agreed, and the fellow visited us at 11 pm and handed over the cash!
Gansan is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks