Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2017, 19:58   #16
oss
BHPian

re: ACT Fibernet - Reviews & Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I'll try them. So far Hathway experience seems to go fine. Yet to experience a monsoon with them.

There are too many local providers in Madras What's there in one area isn't there in another.
How is Hathway's customer service, if you had had to use them?

I have been a happy customer of ACT, but Hathway's new offer is too tempting - 150MBPS speed with 1024GB data per month all for Rs.999/month.

But worried about their customer service, as people in other cities rate them really bad on customer service.
Old 3rd May 2017, 09:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post

I have been a happy customer of ACT, but Hathway's new offer is too tempting - 150MBPS speed with 1024GB data per month all for Rs.999/month.

But worried about their customer service, as people in other cities rate them really bad on customer service.
Now that's a killer plan that can truly let you cut the chord.
looks like such speeds with 1TB FUP is available only in Chennai currently.

Most other plans across service providers within the Rs 1.2k per month range just dont have enough data per month to stream everything.
i.e. given that streaming can pull up upto 4-6 gb per hour if you go with the max quality setting.
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:59   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

1 GBPS is coming from Reliance Jio GigaFiber too . Can't wait to use it.

Quote:
Decent & gets the job done (not exemplary). I'm a Hathway customer since 10 years. Their network is hardly ever down.
Old 23rd May 2017, 13:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So far there hasn't been any need since the installation. We'll have to wait this NE monsoon to confirm that
Old 14th December 2017, 11:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Now ACT brings in 1 GBPS to Bengaluru as well. Read the TOI Ad here.
Old 18th May 2019, 17:26   #21
BHPian

ACT Fibernet Reviews?

The ACT Fibernet appears to offer some pretty good speeds and have nice plans going.

I've been considering switching from Airtel to ACT. Made some initial inquiries with them. Spoke to some people around using Act in and around my apartment complex.

One feedback I am getting is this : The D-Link router appears to be giving a superior performance compared to the TP-Link router.

Is it also the experience of other people here that might be using the ACT fibernet? The ACT guys though seem to be pushing the TP-link and say they do not have the D-link in stock. At least here in Bangalore.

How is the ACT connection in your area? Would you recommend them? Are the promised speeds (upload and download) being delivered most days? How is their customer service? If you have any issues, are they being addressed in decent time frames?

One reason I am looking to move away from Airtel - very bad customer care. No issues get resolved. Although, luckily, I have not yet had too many issues with Airtel.

Last edited by Miyata : 18th May 2019 at 17:28. Reason: Link edited and spaced.
Old 18th May 2019, 18:03   #22
BHPian

re: ACT Fibernet Reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
How is the ACT connection in your area? Would you recommend them? Are the promised speeds (upload and download) being delivered most days? How is their customer service? If you have any issues, are they being addressed in decent time frames?

One reason I am looking to move away from Airtel - very bad customer care. No issues get resolved. Although, luckily, I have not yet had too many issues with Airtel.
Based on VB layout off Bannerghatta road, the experience is good. Download/Upload is pretty spot on. Overall, no complains.

I had Hathway earlier. And I had regular connection problems. Customer care was not helpful too.

Atleast in this part of town, I recommend ACT.
Old 18th May 2019, 18:14   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Yelahanka ACT connection is quite stable and delivers more than plan speeds. Customer care also good (local team, have not experienced call centre). Downtime mostly due to cable cuts which frankly they fix very quickly. Haven't gone for their router though.

I would recommend ACT.
Old 19th May 2019, 00:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

I moved from Airtel to ACT last year and honestly I couldn't have been more happier. Speed is very much faster and faster resolutions of issues( no need to call just raise the issue on their app and resolution is within a day). I am using their router as well and I am not facing any issues. Go for it!
Old 19th May 2019, 01:53   #25
Team-BHP Support

Related thread:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...hyderabad.html
Old 19th May 2019, 09:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Been using ACT for few year's now and have no complains.
Hardly any downtime and even if there is, it is resolved quickly after logging a complaint through their app.
They also increased the speed and limit few times without any extra charges.

The negatives are that there is a battery in the junction box which helps in keeping the box powered during a power cut, that battery doesn't hold charge for long.
Regarding the router, to support their high speeds, they do suggest a different router. I have been using a Mi 3c router which is good for the same floor, but not that fast when it comes to video viewing when on a floor above or below.
Old 19th May 2019, 11:19   #27
BHPian

In my area (Sanjaynagar) the connection has been stable and good over several years. Only grouse is these guys string up the cables overhead resulting in ugly cable webbings overhead. This linking method also means whenever a tree/branch falls, connectivity is impacted. THough to their credit they fix it pretty quick.
Old 19th May 2019, 11:32   #28
BHPian

Malleswaram here; ACT has been performing well. I have noting to compare it with because I have been using only ACT since I landed in India.

I do not use their router - I have an Apple Extreme.

Like Tharian said, their ONT (Optical Network Terminal) box has a UPS that does not last long at all.

Regarding speeds, speedtest.net always shows that I am getting very close to the speed I pay for; but no other speed test shows so - they all show about half or a third of the promised speed. And surprise, surprise, speedtest.net is the only speed test any ISP accepts as valid, because they all host the test servers locally. And I am sure, that like Volkswagen, all ISPs know when a speed test is being performed and make sure that good results show up.

That said, I am still not unhappy with ACT and their customer service on those rare occasions I have had any problems.

Cheers
Old 19th May 2019, 12:09   #29
BHPian

During the week of the billing due date period (around 12th to 17th of every month), the speeds are slow, which can go down by more than 50% (and sometimes more than 75%) of the subscribed plan. I'm experiencing this consistently for years. Otherwise, the performance is excellent.

Last edited by GTO : 19th May 2019 at 21:41. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts properly
jayguar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th May 2019, 12:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

ACT speeds cant be matched by anybody in Bangalore, since I tried them all. It harnesses the true capability of advanced optic fibre cable, 'end to end'. I'm really thrilled with them, as the pricing is also on the lower side. The TP LinkRouter with 4 antenna (premium subscription) is much better than the previous DLINK one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks