Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 11:23   #211
BHPian

Got rebate for BB faults, but the problem still persists..!!

I am getting frequent disconnection in my BSNL broadband. In last Oct'09, I have made several complaints through the IVRS, but there was no significant difference afterwards, other than getting a call from BSNL once in a while.

But in Dec'09, I could see that there is a Rs.314/. discount in my bill, as Rebate for BB faults. Still my problem of disconnection exists, but not as frequent as earlier.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 18th December 2009, 23:16   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
I am getting frequent disconnection in my BSNL broadband. In last Oct'09, I have made several complaints through the IVRS, but there was no significant difference afterwards, other than getting a call from BSNL once in a while.

But in Dec'09, I could see that there is a Rs.314/. discount in my bill, as Rebate for BB faults. Still my problem of disconnection exists, but not as frequent as earlier.

Thanks
Rajesh
Dear Rajesh,
Me too used to get similar problems few months ago. The internet light in modem will go off and after some time it again blinks and comes back. I used to get 10 to 15 disconnections per hour! In that time our phone line had some grains in it. So I contacted our Telephone exchange and complaint regarding the problem. They checked the line upto our home from the exchange and found no problems.
On the same day itself our line man came to our house and checked the line in our house (ie from window to splitter) and found a junction to be in loose connection. He cleared the loose connection and I switched on the Internet and there was no problem. That service from bsnl was instant and was very good.
So if you are facing similar problem, report to your near by exchange.

I hope it was helpful

Regards.
Old 19th December 2009, 15:51   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
So if you are facing similar problem, report to your near by exchange.
Thanks for the info, I have reported many times, and the result is Rs314/-rebate in the bill..!!

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 19th December 2009, 16:07   #214
Senior - BHPian

If you go by my way you will have a perfect connection, but you may have to leave your ethics behind.

Get hold of a lineman. Pay him 100 plus refreshment and a ride to your area. Work along with him to get the line noise free.
Old 19th December 2009, 16:24   #215
Senior - BHPian

i use UL plan since few years and is perfect for our usage, we also use magicjack connection which uses bytes in very higher speed so UL is the best option for my use.Havent faced problem in my bsnl broadband, after initial few months problems with network failure.Superb speed as well.Good service too.
Old 20th December 2009, 11:05   #216
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
i use UL plan since few years and is perfect for our usage, we also use magicjack connection which uses bytes in very higher speed so UL is the best option for my use.Havent faced problem in my bsnl broadband, after initial few months problems with network failure.Superb speed as well.Good service too.
Are you using Magicjack with BSNL ? Please post more details.
Old 20th December 2009, 15:38   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Are you using Magicjack with BSNL ? Please post more details.
yes VOiP services from magicjack, user friendly and easy simple to use.
magicJack official magicjack website for more reference.
Old 20th December 2009, 16:30   #218
Senior - BHPian

HI Vijay,

Once again I am ignorant of the magic stick. Can you explain more about that magic jack. It seems magic jack is the PC phone use.
Old 20th December 2009, 21:35   #219
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Voip solution
Old 3rd January 2010, 00:52   #220
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends,

It is not an issue but just a preventive and advance preparation query. I use the BSNL supplied Modem with WiFi. In case by chance if the adopter gets repair how can we get a new adopter. Can we buy it from the open market or should we buy through the BSNL.
Old 3rd January 2010, 09:20   #221
J.Ravi

@navan49,

If your BSNL modem is on rent basis or on outright purchase basis but within one-year warranty period, BSNL will replace it free of cost. In case of BSNL modem on outright purchase after warranty period, you can either go in for BSNL modem [Nokia Siemens Networks-type II-costs Rs 1600-including installation and configuration] or anyother brand in open market. But, if you buy it in open market, you have to install and configure it. No questions asked.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 3rd January 2010 at 09:21.

Old 3rd January 2010, 12:19   #222
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Ravi,

It is an out right purchase one. O.k Now what is the price variation between BSNL and the open market. Which one is cheaper? Quality wise which one is superior?
Old 3rd January 2010, 15:59   #223
J.Ravi

@Navan49,

My 3 year-old Huawei type I modem called it a day a few days back. So, I went in favour of BSNL-supplied wireless Nokia Siemens Networks type II modem with BSNL logo printed on it, as I did not want any mis-match or connectivity issues. BSNL engineer visited my home, installed and configured it.

Old 3rd January 2010, 16:22   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Thank you Ravi,

It is an out right purchase one. O.k Now what is the price variation between BSNL and the open market. Which one is cheaper? Quality wise which one is superior?
BSNL is cheaper and quality-wise also very good especially for non-Wifi ones.
Old 3rd January 2010, 18:44   #225
Senior - BHPian

If its within one year BSNL will replace it for you.

some of BSNL modem are good, like older huewei, and newer nokia siemen ones. some lot of ZTE and spectra were not good.

after market dlink and linksys made are always better, if you are taliking in reference to line holding and wifi range. thats why they are expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks