Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2008, 12:35   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

I sold my N73 for 7K and brought me a HTC Touch v2. It comes the closest to what I need in a phone. Its high on aesthetics, has no keypad (most important), large touchscreen, liteweight, has all the MS apps that I need frequently and is oh-so-easy to use. And it works with my Motorola IHF1000 bluetooth car kit flawlessly.

Last edited by theMAG : 12th February 2008 at 12:36.
Old 12th February 2008, 12:46   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
N73, I bought at 25K and sold at 12K after 4.5 months.
Exactly this is the reason I stopped browsing for new hand sets. Latest trends dont even last for 3 months, blink of an eye a new model is catching the market, same case with resale value too. Very soon this situation will be copied to the automobile market, time is very close.
Old 12th February 2008, 13:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Nokia E61i

Nokia E61i was a phone that I was lusting for since quite some time. I used Nokia E50 for 1 year and was quite happy with it, just that my SMS and email usage on the phone increased and hence I felt the need for a full keyboard

The E61i is the most practical QWERTY smartphone that I came across and convinced myself to go for it ;-)

Its got all the features that you could wish in a smartphone+it runs on Symbian which is highly customizable and flexible.
Old 12th February 2008, 17:03   #64
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
NIP, how much did u pay for HTC P3300?
Got it for 21k with B&W in Bangalore.
Old 12th February 2008, 17:08   #65
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
The E61i is the most practical QWERTY smartphone that I came across and convinced myself to go for it ;-)

Its got all the features that you could wish in a smartphone+it runs on Symbian which is highly customizable and flexible.
i agree. i have an E61 and the best part i like about it is the wireless. i have setup my voip account on it and use the wi-fi to talk over the phone (international calls) in 'offline' mode without any simcard in it !
Old 12th February 2008, 21:23   #66
Team-BHP Support

i want HTC Touch features in Iphone with GPS till something else comes out in next couple of weeks!

To be very honest am really satisfied with the Touch, after a really long time of changing / experimenting with phones. Nokia. Ericsson, Win Mob etc etc

Too tempted for the iphone coz of its UI BUT dissuaded by Mr Jobs business logics.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th February 2008 at 21:25.
Old 12th February 2008, 21:54   #67
BHPian

No jaggu... an iPhone wont satisfy you. I used it for almost 4 months. The most irritating part is that the probability of a message getting delivered is only 50percent. Another pain is that you need to wait for a long time to get back the phone if you give it for a repair or a service. Other issues are like no video capture,no flash,just an average 2mpx camera..and something that i found difficult is to keep your fingers clean to use the phone. lol.
Old 12th February 2008, 22:53   #68
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'd love to have the HTC SHIFT or O2 Flame. too expensive though..still the next one thats coming into the collection is the Imate ultimate 9502 after this touch
Old 12th February 2008, 23:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i want HTC Touch features in Iphone with GPS till something else comes out in next couple of weeks!
Thats why they brought out the HTC Cruise. 3.5G + Windows Mobile 6 + WiFi + GPS + FM Radio + blah blah blah.

I dont like it because it doesnt have a keypad, but after HTC released the HTC Touch Keypad application Hosted Here sending SMSs and composing emails from the virtual Mobile Keypad has become really easy.

EDIT: Mods if you feel the Download Link is not in order, please replace with this link:

..:: Dutty's Beta Area ::..

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th February 2008 at 23:05.
Old 12th February 2008, 23:48   #70
Senior - BHPian

My dream mobile is a cross between N95-1 (Classic) and N95-8GB - better still if we have the large screen from the iphone ;-)

I use a N95-1 since last April. I bought it for the in-built GPS which I used heavily and for the nice 5MP camera. Couple of times, it has bailed me out when my DSLR battery went dead (in extreme cold, it lasted much lesser than usual !). Besides, it does 640x480 @30fps what I can't do with my DSLR, - really useful when, once in a while, I like to shoot a video clip.

And it has a jack to connect directly to the TV - neat feature that!

Regards,
Ritesh
Old 13th February 2008, 11:37   #71
Team-BHP Support

Yup steer, i found the keypad and am very happy with it.

I have the old version touch and not the updated one with bigger internal mem, which is the only downside.

And thanks for the linkie let me explore other applications in there he he..
Old 13th February 2008, 11:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
My dream mobile is a cross between N95-1 (Classic) and N95-8GB - better still if we have the large screen from the iphone ;-)

I use a N95-1 since last April. I bought it for the in-built GPS which I used heavily and for the nice 5MP camera. Couple of times, it has bailed me out
you are forgetting the lack of xenon flash on both versions of N95 . I agree with you about the camera and video capabilities of these cameras. I have N82 which is same as N95-8GB except for smaller screen, lesser mem (2GB) and different form factor but it has xenon flash which is so useful for a P&S camera.
Old 13th February 2008, 12:51   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Thats why they brought out the HTC Cruise. 3.5G + Windows Mobile 6 + WiFi + GPS + FM Radio + blah blah blah.

I dont like it because it doesnt have a keypad, but after HTC released the HTC Touch Keypad application Hosted Here sending SMSs and composing emails from the virtual Mobile Keypad has become really easy.

EDIT: Mods if you feel the Download Link is not in order, please replace with this link:

..:: Dutty's Beta Area ::..

@Steer: Any idea when the Touch Cruise is coming to India?
Old 13th February 2008, 14:04   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

phone with:
windows mobile or symbian OS
touch screen (so no N95!)
best in class camera

I am waiting for it to come. Maybe Samsung i900?
Old 13th February 2008, 16:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I sold my N73 for 7K and brought me a HTC Touch v2. It comes the closest to what I need in a phone. Its high on aesthetics, has no keypad (most important), large touchscreen, liteweight, has all the MS apps that I need frequently and is oh-so-easy to use. And it works with my Motorola IHF1000 bluetooth car kit flawlessly.
@MAG, did u say v2? i.e. the one with the enhanced RAM and ROM... Where did u get it and how much did it cost?

I've been trying to get hold of one here in Chennai and haven't had any luck thus far.

Most Viewed