Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2019, 09:45   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Spotify can now be officially accessed in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I get the following error while trying to sign up to tidal. I am using Thunder VPN connected to a US server. Anybody?
Try another VPN provider. Many offer trials that vary from 7 to 30 days so you can assess which one works for you. Some of the best are ExpressVPN and Cyberghost. There may be an issue with the card you are using. Make sure it has a US billing address. Or use PayPal.

Last edited by R2D2 : 4th March 2019 at 09:47.
Old 5th March 2019, 11:57   #47
BHPian

Used Hola vpn which is an browser extension for registering with Tidal.More info here https://www.headphonezone.in/blogs/t...tidal-in-india
Old 6th March 2019, 03:34   #48
Senior - BHPian

Wow the news ticker here today is how Spotify has added 1 million customers in just a week! All from India I guess.
Old 6th March 2019, 09:11   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Wow the news ticker here today is how Spotify has added 1 million customers in just a week! All from India I guess.
Yes, the 1 million added is from India and a mix of premium and free users. 1 million in a week

At Rs 100/month on the annual plan, the same as Apple Music, one doesn't need to think very hard before paying up. I pay Rs 89/month for Google Play Music. Unlike Apple Music no family plan is available on Spotify or GPM. GPM also doesn't have an annual plan. And Gaana+ is Rs 400/year. Jio Music is free as is Wynk for their respective subscribers. Jiosaavn is yet to disclose their premium pricing. I am on a trial.

Yeah, music lovers have it quite good in this country. But I'd like to see Deezer, Tidal and Qobuz launch here some day. There are some like myself who prefer lossless especially when listening at home.

Last edited by R2D2 : 6th March 2019 at 09:12.
Old 6th March 2019, 21:50   #50
BHPian

Sorry for the noob question but how does one get Spotify to start playing music based on it's recommendations on your 'likes'? If its something that I find I like, I may go premium
Old 6th March 2019, 22:03   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Sorry for the noob question but how does one get Spotify to start playing music based on it's recommendations on your 'likes'? If its something that I find I like, I may go premium
You need to tell it what you like to begin with. Otherwise, how will it know what to play?

Once it has built a 'user profile' then based on its own proprietary algorithms it will automatically select songs based on the genre, BPM, language, decade among other criteria.

For e.g. type in Hindi (or whatever language) music 1990s etc..and let it do the thinking. If you like the auto generated playlist or one or more of the songs in that playlist click on the 'Follow' button or add to your own custom playlist.

This profile is built and becomes more precise over time. The more you play and follow the more it understands what you like.
Old 6th March 2019, 23:15   #52
BHPian

Spotify free version and the premium version varies a lot! Free version doesn't have option to shuffle or repeat, no playlist radio, some songs are greyed out, lower streaming quality, lesser playlists.
Was not sure if it was worth subscribing having Amazon prime music, with the 30 day premium trial I feel Spotify is definitely better as songs don't repeat across playlist and doesn't feel boring. Hope they reduce prices!
Old 7th March 2019, 17:40   #53
BHPian

Pardon me for this noob question, but I can't seem to find some particular songs of few artists. I have signed up for a premium account.

For example, when I try to find the song "Home" by "Bebe Rexha", all I get are suggested playlists. I face this issue with few other artists too. All I get are suggested playlists.

I will be helpful for some guidance from power users of Spotify in the forum.

Regards.
Old 7th March 2019, 18:54   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaul View Post
Pardon me for this noob question, but I can't seem to find some particular songs of few artists.
Currently most content is unavailable from Warner music, due to ongoing legal issue with them. Until that is setted we won't get to see a lot of content.

Last edited by ampere : 7th March 2019 at 18:57. Reason: Compacted quoted post
Old 7th March 2019, 18:55   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pardon me for this noob question, but I can't seem to find some particular songs of few artists.
It's very much possible that the licensing for these artists is not availble for India. Lot of such problems are seen which may be resolved in the future.

Last edited by ampere : 7th March 2019 at 18:58. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 7th March 2019, 21:34   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Currently most content is unavailable from Warner music, due to ongoing legal issue with them. Until that is setted we won't get to see a lot of content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
It's very much possible that the licensing for these artists is not availble for India. Lot of such problems are seen which may be resolved in the future.
Thanks a lot guys for the replies. Atleast my skills in navigating the spotify app is not wanting.
Now it will be a wait and watch game to see when we can access the entire catalogue of Spotify here from India.
Old 10th March 2019, 11:23   #57
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Sorry for the noob question but how does one get Spotify to start playing music based on it's recommendations on your 'likes'?
Here's my way. I create different playlists for rock, dance, lounge, hip-hop etc. Now, in each of these playlists, I add 20 songs that I love. Then, click "Playlist Radio" (which basically plays a non-stop radio based on the existing songs in your playlist). Be sure to keep giving the or thumbs down to songs you particularly love / hate. Here's an example:
Spotify can now be officially accessed in India-annotation-20190310-111736.jpg

Quote:
For example, when I try to find the song "Home" by "Bebe Rexha", all I get are suggested playlists.
Guess I'm sticking with my international account for now
Spotify can now be officially accessed in India-annotation-20190310-112022.jpg
Old 10th March 2019, 16:38   #58
BHPian

Quote:
For example, when I try to find the song "Home" by "Bebe Rexha", all I get are suggested playlists. I face this issue with few other artists too. All I get are suggested playlists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guess I'm sticking with my international account for now
Attachment 1857583
Tried the same thing with Mohit Chauhan's track titled "Guncha". Couldn't find the song in my International account, but my wife who's created a Spotify India account few days ago could find four renditions of the song!

It looks like the decision of staying with US/international account, or changing the country to India is not that clear cut (at least yet) - it'd sadly depend entirely on which type of content one wants to primarily consume.

Last edited by actinium15 : 10th March 2019 at 16:41.
Old 12th March 2019, 11:53   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, if you want the BEST music to work with (& your office environment allows the same), or just some background tracks to play at a house party, click here, then choose "go to playlist radio".

You can thank me while you enjoy the music .
Old 12th March 2019, 12:29   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, if you want the BEST music to work with (& your office environment allows the same), or just some background tracks to play at a house party, click here, then choose "go to playlist radio".

You can thank me while you enjoy the music .
Thanks GTO for this. I listened to a few songs from the playlist and they are really great while working. I like that it's mostly instrumental and doesn't distract from work with lyrics.

I also find Anoushka Shankar's music great to listen to while working. It's mostly Sitar and other traditional Indian instruments with a bit of vocals sometimes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks