Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2020, 16:18   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Spotify can now be officially accessed in India

Spotify notifies customers of breach, files under CCPA

Spotify users are advised to change their account passwords.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 11:18   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

So Spotify will offer lossless streaming as a part of an 'upgrade' from the current AAC lossy audio stream. Read more here

I am not sure if this tier will be offered in India. I expect them to roll out only in the US and EU initially followed probably by Japan. Qobuz and Tidal need to be careful. Spotify's lossless service would be very popular assuming their audio library is as comprehensive and vast as the competition's.

Last edited by R2D2 : 24th February 2021 at 11:20.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 09:02   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, what are the current annual plans for Spotify premium individual ? I tried to check, but it wants a login. Plan details not available outside,
Old 20th April 2021, 12:54   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, what are the current annual plans for Spotify premium individual ? I tried to check, but it wants a login. Plan details not available outside,
Here you go (click on the 'View Plans' CTA button to see the prices for annual/monthly, etc):

https://www.spotify.com/in-en/premium/#plans

Looks like their prices have increased. I paid 699 for the "Individual" annual plan last year in May.

EDIT:

Oops, sorry I didn't' realise I was logged in.

Here's what I see for Individual plans.
Spotify can now be officially accessed in India-spotifyplans.png

PS: You can actually create a free account and browse the plans - signing up is completely free.. The first few months I used to listen Spotify with the advertisements.

Last edited by JoeTheWanderer : 20th April 2021 at 12:59.
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 09:21   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty.Nishy View Post
Whenever I use my mobile network for Spotify it just says "No Internet Connection", once connected to the wifi it's back like a charm. Has anyone faced this issue? Considering many users following this thread have been using Spotify for some time now, any suggestions as to how to get it working on the mobile network. It's too frustrating when on road trip, and I just can't use it.
I came on this thread to complain about this. Spotify(and Spotify alone, not Amazon Music, not YouTube or any other app really) seems to have a problem with switching IP addresses that happens when we travel between 'cells' of coverage.

All our phones(both iOS and Android devices) disconnect from Spotify while on mobile data away from home, and this is an annoying problem to have on a streaming platform that advertises itself as the ideal complement to any road trip. Does anyone else have this issue?
Old 1st September 2021, 22:26   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotify HiFi

Is Spotify HiFi around the corner? Well, it would seem so. Other than the normal buzz on Reddit, Qobuz has dropped its price a bit from 14.99 to 12.99. Something is happening I think and soon, maybe this month. Fingers crossed.
Old 23rd October 2021, 21:43   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Whenever I use my mobile network for Spotify it just says "No Internet Connection", once connected to the wifi it's back like a charm. Has anyone faced this issue?
I am having the exact opposite of this issue! Works like a charm on mobile data but shows 'No internet connection' when connected to Wi-fi. I tried deleting the cache, un-installing and re-installing the app, resetting the router, re-starting the phone etc. like they say in their community forums. Apparently, Spotify is blaming the network provider and the users are saying it's a problem at the app's end. As of now it seems there is no solution to the said issue.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd October 2021 at 22:45. Reason: Typos
Old 24th October 2021, 10:17   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus corax View Post
I am having the exact opposite of this issue! Works like a charm on mobile data but shows 'No internet connection' when connected to Wi-fi. I tried deleting the cache, un-installing and re-installing the app, resetting the router, re-starting the phone etc. like they say in their community forums. Apparently, Spotify is blaming the network provider and the users are saying it's a problem at the app's end. As of now it seems there is no solution to the said issue.
May be one of settings same use only wifi or mobile? Its worth checking that aspect.
Old 13th November 2021, 19:50   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
May be one of settings same use only wifi or mobile? Its worth checking that aspect.
The issue got resolved after receiving the Android 11 OS update. However, like it was in OS 10, the 'use only wifi or mobile data' option is not there in Spotify App settings.

Last edited by corvus corax : 13th November 2021 at 19:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks