Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:27   #4741
mxh
BHPian

Re: My Experience - Flipkart's return policy

Flipkart does not have a return policy. It's only exchange now. And they are the most expensive. They are just riding on their earlier reputation. There is absolutely no reason to use Flipkart any longer so don't, and tell everyone else the same.
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:29   #4742
Senior - BHPian

All this, and they still show ads saying 'easy returns' and claim same day, no questions asked, blah blah blah...

They should at least change that. I have lost trust on Flipkart and Amazon now, as I could find better deals at shops nearby - maybe they have decided to slowly jack up prices, after initially penetration the market with discounts and offers, to make us install their apps and get used to the convenience.
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:34   #4743
BHPian

Had ordered a phone last december to find out that the touch screen had a mind of its own. Would be unresponsive most of the times. Flipkart CC wanted me to install their troubleshooting app which I was not able to since the touch was not working properly. But they still insisted. After a long heated discussion, they budged and sent me a replacement.
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:39   #4744
Senior - BHPian

I am genuinely surprised. In March, I had to send back a printer from snapdeal since I forgot to check about Mac compatibility while ordering. It was truly NO QUESTIONS asked returns. Painless pickup within 30 total hours of request. I have only the highest regard in such cases. Shocked that flipkart wont even give you that option despite having it on the website.

Worst, they should've said no returns only replacement, and made you pay Rs 1000 more just like the regular market shop you dealt with.

Bad job - do tweet this link to Sachin Bansal.
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:45   #4745
BHPian

Ecommerce throws up a lot of such cases. Being from the Customer Service industry i have seen this multiple times wherein online retailers refuse certain basic asks by customers and then lament on the fact that they are being targeted in online forums. I have seen multiple times that the rates quoted in flipkart are higher than what i can get in the market on the same day. I dont buy the argument that the rates change during the day or day by day. When products are desptched to distributors prices and promotions are fixed for the month
As for options, yes they are present for a reason and it is not data collection alone. Saves is critical for etailers and this provides them a view of how and when to save a sale.
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:49   #4746
BHPian

This is one of the reasons I became an Amazon loyalist from a Flipkart loyalist. Prices too, on Amazon, are generally lower than Flipkart and they have (so far atleast) a very good return policy.
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:53   #4747
BHPian

If the product varies (in specifications, functions, looks etc) from what is mentioned in the website, or if the product is damaged - these are two conditions which warrants a refund/replacement. Other things/reasons are always open for interpretation/debate/rejection.

My opinion.
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:54   #4748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Flipkart is not the same it used to be about an year ago, maybe the success has gone into their head.
Flipkart lost all my business as soon as they tried to force their app down my throat.
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:54   #4749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Thank you Anuj for taking the trouble of sharing your bad experience with Flipkart! Glad your issue is sorted out, even if it is with an additional loss of a thousand bucks.

If possible you should also contact local newspapers and try to get your experience to a much wider audience. This will serve Flipkart right!

Also, this is an eye-opener to all of us to read the fine print carefully everywhere and beware of Flipkart especially.

Thanks once again.

Regards
Cyborg,
The sole purpose of this post is to spread awareness. I am also happy that the issue is now sorted (wihout Flipkart's help) and, I don't see it as a loss. After all, this has made me a bit more wiser now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I am sorry but if you have made the mistake of ordering a product you don't want and have just blindly walked into a deal assuming it is the best out there (no such guarantee of lowest price on their website), then I don't believe you have to be pissed of at Flipkart. Sorry to say, but you have only yourself to blame. "Data collection" is a valid reason to add quick options since it would make things easier on their end to determine whether or not the product warrants return.
IshaanIan,
I admit my mistake on not reading the specs or confirm the price from the market. I am not pissed at Flipkart's inability to correct my mistake. I am only bothered by the fact that they have provided an "option" to which they don't oblige.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Flipkart does not have a return policy. It's only exchange now. And they are the most expensive. They are just riding on their earlier reputation. There is absolutely no reason to use Flipkart any longer so don't, and tell everyone else the same.
mxh,
I had asked them to exchange with a higher version of RO and I was ready to pay the difference upfront!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
All this, and they still show ads saying 'easy returns' and claim same day, no questions asked, blah blah blah...

They should at least change that. I have lost trust on Flipkart and Amazon now, as I could find better deals at shops nearby - maybe they have decided to slowly jack up prices, after initially penetration the market with discounts and offers, to make us install their apps and get used to the convenience.
aravind.anand,
I agree! I will now order most of the stuff from local dealer. Offline shopping has now become "cool" for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Had ordered a phone last december to find out that the touch screen had a mind of its own. Would be unresponsive most of the times. Flipkart CC wanted me to install their troubleshooting app which I was not able to since the touch was not working properly. But they still insisted. After a long heated discussion, they budged and sent me a replacement.
glenmz,
Happy to hear that you got a replacement. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I am genuinely surprised. In March, I had to send back a printer from snapdeal since I forgot to check about Mac compatibility while ordering. It was truly NO QUESTIONS asked returns. Painless pickup within 30 total hours of request. I have only the highest regard in such cases. Shocked that flipkart wont even give you that option despite having it on the website.

Worst, they should've said no returns only replacement, and made you pay Rs 1000 more just like the regular market shop you dealt with.

Bad job - do tweet this link to Sachin Bansal.
phamilyman,
Good to hear that SnapDeal has better approach to handle conflicts. Also I am no one to correct Flipkart or Sachin. If we see such incidents more often, the brand will itself collapse or go into losses. After all, you reap what you sow.
Old 2nd June 2016, 15:09   #4750
BHPian

Amazon is the best when it comes to returns. I returned 2 items, a phone case and a watch.

-Case was ordered wrongly and i selected the same. Instantly approved and i got the refund.

-Watch, we(7 people share)ordered and then thought its not needed. Selected "wrong size" and it was approved and got refund to my credit card next day. We even damaged the outside box of the watch a bit while peeling the price tag,since it was supposed to be a gift.

So i guess, Amazon fairs better overall when compared to others and the products were all genuine atleast in my case. And i always make sure its either from amazon or amazon fulfilled order. Hope this helps
Old 2nd June 2016, 15:20   #4751
Team-BHP Support

What a coincidence.... or not !!

My uncle asked to me order an Oral Care Water Flosser for him. So I went and checked the biggies - Snapdeal, Flipkart and Amazon. It was out of stock on snapdeal and was available for the same price on the other two. At ~3.6k, it was cheaper than at the neighborhood chemist by about 600 Rs.

I was about to order with Amazon when I remembered their recent policy change of no returns. I checked again, and it was mentioned clearly that the product was non-returnable. Hence I ordered on Flipkart.

As it turned out, the flosser proved difficult to use for my 80 year old uncle so placed a return request. It was picked up within 12 hours and money credited back to my account within 24 hours of the pick up.

Thumbs Up Flipkart !

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd June 2016 at 15:25.
Old 2nd June 2016, 15:23   #4752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
What a coincidence.... or not !!

My uncle asked to me order an Oral Care Water Flosser for him. So I went and checked the biggies - Snapdeal, Flipkart and Amazon. It was out of stock on snapdeal and was available for the same price on the other two. At ~3.6k, it was cheaper than at the neighborhood chemist by about 600 Rs.

I was about to order with Amazon when I remembered their recent policy change of no returns. I checked again, and it was mentioned clearly that the product was non-returnable. Hence I ordered on Flipkart.

As it turned out, the flosser proved difficult to use for my 80 year old uncle so placed a return request. It was picked up within 12 hours and money credited back to my account with 24 hours of the pick up.

Thumbs Up Flipkart !
Wow! and I did not even open the product. Still rejected! Talk about consistent policies! Can you please share the reason you had selected?

Last edited by purohitanuj : 2nd June 2016 at 15:39.
Old 2nd June 2016, 15:34   #4753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
However, I question the ethical behavior of Flipkart's policies. Why give such options, which are not honored!

Also, I think that I had been a very good customer of Flipkart (and also part of some paid membership) with good purchases and no returns ever; thus they could have simply replaced/returned my product as good-will!

So guys, please thread cautiously over Flipkart's return policy.
The returns "business" is a serious loss making area for all retailers in the US. Even here websites are getting picky in their returns, however they abide by the rules wrt to what they state in their terms.

Flipkart is going through rough times and given with the lax attitude & rules on e-commerce, I guess they are playing around with customers.

Ignoring your reasons and thought process, from a customer - merchant's relationship, you purchased an item with return options provided, and you chose to return the item. And they didn't honor that. That's bad business.

Amazon, flipkart and similar sites have two strong pillars (among others) - price points and customer reviews. It'll be a drop in the ocean, but I also suggest putting up a review if they allow it; Amazon US actively rejects reviews if one mentions anything about the seller or the experience.
Old 2nd June 2016, 15:42   #4754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

I was about to order with Amazon when I remembered their recent policy change of no returns.
Did Amazon change the policy on returns? I thought they had a no questions asked policy with returns.

On another note, Amazon has lost my business thanks to a bad delivery experience. Had ordered a phone for FIL as a gift. They committed on delivering this home. Now morning, the delivery guy calls up and asks him to come half way. Not just that, he had to wait for 3 hours at the location for this guy to turn up. So much for a surpise gift!
Old 2nd June 2016, 15:44   #4755
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Did Amazon change the policy on returns? I thought they had a no questions asked policy with returns.
Yes, no refunds now for electronics.

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/cq...nic-goods.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks