Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2014, 10:10   #1261
J.Ravi

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Just a few minutes back, I used my SBI Mastercard debit card in ebay.in, got 7.5% off for a SanDisk 32 GB Class10 Ultra SDHC card for my camera and paid ₹1,304.25.

The Online Shopping Thread-mastercard.jpg

http://deals.ebay.in/partner-offers/...ard/index.html

Last edited by J.Ravi : 3rd April 2014 at 10:14.

Old 3rd April 2014, 15:32   #1262
BHPian

Just got this keychain delivered today bought this on eBay. Thought I should share it.
The Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1396519327.309381.jpg
Old 3rd April 2014, 17:54   #1263
Senior - BHPian

I am seeing ads in newspapers informing of the launch of amazon online shopping in india (amazon.in). Any reviews/experiences shopping here?
Old 3rd April 2014, 18:05   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
I am seeing ads in newspapers informing of the launch of amazon online shopping in india (amazon.in). Any reviews/experiences shopping here?
Recently I bought Nikon 50mm f/1.8 lens. Lens delivered in two days with superb packaging! The cost of lens was almost 50% of MRP. Even less than the re-bate one gets in Amazon.com. I am regular Amazon.com customer, above transaction reinstate my belife in Amazon.

However my experience with Snapdeal is entirely different. Order set of Sweat shirts. They delivered in weeks time. But the size dimension doesn't matches with what is stated. Packaging is pathetic. Asked for size change. The process took more than 1.5 months. They sent another product marked bigger size, but inside its same old product! I would stay a way with snapdeal now onwards.

Last edited by RaguHolla : 3rd April 2014 at 18:11.
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:08   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They launched their India operations recently, its only been a few months. Amazon.com service is exemplary and Amazon.in service is quite good as well. They pack items really well and send stuff through fedex. Buy only amazon fulfilled items, items sold and shipped by 3rd party sellers may not meet the same standards.

Their courier partner fedex seems to be overloaded and deliveries to trivandrum is overshooting their estimated delivery dates by couple of days.
Old 4th April 2014, 12:31   #1266
BHPian

I have been a regular online buyer for many years and never faced an issue except one recently when I booked a hotel room via makemytrip.com

In this particular case, I did not receive the customary SMS from my bank(HDFC) which normally comes within a few seconds of using my card, inspite of booking shown as successful. After about 10 mins a makeytrip customer service rep called me and told me that the booking was not successful and guided me through the whole process again after which I received two SMS from the bank showing my money had been taken twice.

MakeMyTrip customer service was pathetic.Since I know how credit cards operate I immediately called up HDFC credit card customer service and raised a dispute on the transaction so I didn't end up paying first and reclaiming later.

Few things I am careful while buying online
-Always opt for COD if available.
-Books, CD's are always a safe bet for online buying.
-If purchasing electronic items, make sure I visit a retail outlet and check out the physical product before actually placing an order online.
-Always check out reviews about the online shopping site before placing an order.

Happy shopping!!
Old 4th April 2014, 13:22   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I ordered a couple of books' imported editions and these were shipped within time. Overall experience was positive. The price was lower than what was offered on Flipkart.
Old 4th April 2014, 17:27   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I had ordered a book (was not available on flipkart), and it was delivered as promised.
Old 4th April 2014, 22:43   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I bought the iPad mini a month back with guaranteed timeframe delivery. Had a pleasant experience. Good packing, original product and smooth experience.

Bought a Samsung phone charger next time, which turned out to be a duplicate one. Raised a complaint and was refunded 100% of the money in a week. So - I reckon its another ebay model where sellers may ship duplicate stuff but the portal (ebay/amazon) acts as an escrow and ensures customer satisfaction.
Old 5th April 2014, 15:27   #1270
BHPian

Has anyone bought alloy wheels from Snapdeal?

I've been looking for VFM alloys for my Xing for a while, without much luck. I live in Vellore, which is more of a small town. Either I'm not liking the design, or the price is too high. Hyundai A$S quoted 7k per wheel!! That's when this deal caught my eye:

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/velo...00198983#prdsc

After all discounts, its coming to 13 grand (12,696/- to be exact)!

- Do fellow BHPians thinks it is a good idea to get these off Snapdeal?
- I don't see any warranty information or replacement policy
- The seller is a 'new seller' with no ratings. Is that an issue?
Old 5th April 2014, 17:16   #1271
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I purchased a pair of tumblers from Amazon. Placed the order on Friday (04 Apr 2014, 2.20 PM IST) and the stuff delivered on Saturday (05 Apr 2014, 2 PM IST) - Less than 24 hours in Chennai.

Am so freakin surprised. Can deliveries be so quick? I think they have taken the fight directly with Flipkart. Anyway good for us, customers!
Old 5th April 2014, 19:17   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Very bad experience with Amazon.in

I purchased a DSLR from Amazon.in on 29th March and they marked it as shipped on the same day itself. However as per FedEx the shipment was marked as picked up only on 1st April - no issues with that since it happens sometimes.

Once the package was with FedEx i was expecting delivery within 2 days and i expected it to come by 3rd April atleast. But package stays in Bangalore till April 2nd evening and reached Cochin on the same night. I was again hopeful of getting delivery on 3rd April but that doesn't happen and the package reached Trivandrum only by 4th evening. So today i was expecting delivery but i get a nasty surpirse.

The package was seized by sales tax officials and they want to send me a notice. I'm supposed to go with the notice to sales tax office to sort out the issue

I contacted Amazon and told them to deal with this because I don't want to get involved in this mess. As far as i'm concerned i paid to get the product delivered to me at my address, if there is any sales tax issue that is for Amazon and their delivery partner FedEx to sort it out. I have requested them to cancel the order and refund the money, which they have agreed to do. But still as i'm typing this the order doesn't say cancelled and still shows in transit.

I'm waiting for my refund, its been 8 days since the order no camera or cash in hand. Estimated delivery was 2 to 4 days to my pincode.

Below is the pic of tracking. The reason given for delay is given as incorrect address, but that is not true, the package is seized by sales tax.
The Online Shopping Thread-amazoninfedexmess.jpg

I wouldn't advise buying high value stuff online and getting it shipped to TVM now until the air is cleared. Snapdeal doesn't ship anything to TVM since couple of weeks, WS Retail/Flipkart stopped shipping high value items to TVM when i checked today. I didn't see any such restriction at amazon.in on 29thMarch so thought they don't have any issues and bought from them to face this.

I'll update once i hear from Amazon.in reg my order. I hope they cancel this promptly and refund my amount.

Last edited by Sankar : 5th April 2014 at 19:27.
Old 5th April 2014, 21:03   #1273
BHPian

For me it is books or low value items (less than 5000) from the online platform. I have stuck to Flipkart and so far no reasons to complain. But I have known people who have brought laptops, cell phone and other high value items and seem to be happy. But yes, there would always remain that element of uncertainty till the time one gets the item one paid for!
Old 5th April 2014, 21:10   #1274
BANNED

Its really sad that such mistakes from the sellers put the buyers in trouble.
I hope this issue is resolved as soon as possible.
I do a lot of shopping online from flipkart, snapdeal etc. And most recently i got 2 AC's, and 2 costly handsets from online. And to keep myself safe from all types of frauds or problems, I usually opt for Cash on Delivery.! If there is no option for COD, I don't even bother looking at it. This way, whatever problem arises, is taken care by the sellers and I accept and make payments only after i am fully satisfied.
Old 5th April 2014, 21:42   #1275
Senior - BHPian

This is a recent development, it wasn't like this before. We never had any sales tax problems till now for high or low value items purchased online.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks